Are You Welsh Or Of Welsh Ancestry?

OldeBellPedr

Friday 1st March is St. David’s Day – the National Day of Wales and we at The Olde Bell intend to mark the occasion with a BBQ! So if you’re Welsh or
have Welsh ancestry as many Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis and even English do –or if you are sympathetic to
Welsh culture, you are welcome to join us.

The BBQ will start at 6.30pm and go on until we run out! Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Max Boyce, David Alexander,Dafydd Iwan

and others will provide the musical entertainment and we hope good ‘hwyl’ will be had by all!

The Barbie costs 165 Baht or given the terribly exchange rates against the Baht at the moment –

dig out your Pounds Dollars or Euros and pay just 3 pounds, 4 Euros or 5 US or Aussie Dollars!

Gwyl Dewi Sant hapus iawn iddi chi ac eu teuli! A very Happy St David’s Day to you and your family

Whose coat is that jacket.

Whose boots are those shoes.

You see those two houses over there? Mines the one in the middle.

Many a Welsh friend not all stereotypes are true.

laugh.png

Are you rrreading that paper you're sat on? tongue.png

So there we have it: a veritable compendium of Welsh stereotypes. all a bit of fun, they say. Anyway, I repeat, the invitation to everyone who can get over the fact that we have far (or is it baa) less sheep in Wales than they do in England!

Lamb (Welsh, English or Australian) will not be on the Baa-BBQ 'cos its too expensive! But there'll be lots of other goodies so do come a-lamb - sorry along!

BTW: did you hear about the ventriloquists dog who had a reputation for sheep-worrying? He kept running amongst them calling out 'mint sauce, mint sauce!!"

reminds me of a joke

An englishman,scotsman,irishman and a welshman are in the jungle and get captured by a tribe of cannibals

the chief says before we kill u and eat u do you have any last request

the welshman says "i would like to hear a 100 welshman singing "Land of my Fathers"

the scotsman says " i would like to hear 100 scots singing Flower of Scotland"

the irishman says "i would like to see 100 irishman doing the Riverdance"

the chief turns to the englishman and says "and what can i do for u"

and the englishman says "fookin kill me first"

• Like 1

reminds me of a joke

An englishman,scotsman,irishman and a welshman are in the jungle and get captured by a tribe of cannibals

the chief says before we kill u and eat u do you have any last request

the welshman says "i would like to hear a 100 welshman singing "Land of my Fathers"

the scotsman says " i would like to hear 100 scots singing Flower of Scotland"

the irishman says "i would like to see 100 irishman doing the Riverdance"

the chief turns to the englishman and says "and what can i do for u"

and the englishman says "fookin kill me first"

Oh this is great, I must get one in.

2 English work colleges, John and Bob meet in a pub for a lunchtime drink.

John says to Bob, me and the missis are off for a 10 day holiday in Wales next week. Bob replies; there are only 2 decent things that the Welsh ever produced, that`s rugby players and prostitutes.

John responds, my wife is Welsh, then Bob asks, what team does she play for?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Anyway, I repeat, the invitation to everyone who can get over the fact that we have far (or is it baa) less sheep in Wales than they do in England!

Indeed, though most Angles tend to keep relationships with the fury beauties strictly platonic. giggle.gif

Is this the same Saint Patrick in Ireland who they celebrate on March 17.

How on earth can St David of Wales be St Patrick of Ireland?

Because ST Patrick was NOT born in ireland but either in Wales or Scotland, no ne is quite sure which! both countries claim him (St Patrick that is)

So there we have it: a veritable compendium of Welsh stereotypes. all a bit of fun, they say. Anyway, I repeat, the invitation to everyone who can get over the fact that we have far (or is it baa) less sheep in Wales than they do in England!

Lamb (Welsh, English or Australian) will not be on the Baa-BBQ 'cos its too expensive! But there'll be lots of other goodies so do come a-lamb - sorry along!

BTW: did you hear about the ventriloquists dog who had a reputation for sheep-worrying? He kept running amongst them calling out 'mint sauce, mint sauce!!"

You're from South East London our esteemed black hackney carriage driver....

Is this the same Saint Patrick in Ireland who they celebrate on March 17.

How on earth can St David of Wales be St Patrick of Ireland?

Because ST Patrick was NOT born in ireland but either in Wales or Scotland, no ne is quite sure which! both countries claim him (St Patrick that is)

St. Patrick was born in Roman Britain at Banna Venta Berniae, a location otherwise unknown, though identified in one tradition as Glannoventa, modern Ravenglass in Cumbria. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

OK lets just say St Patrick of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England biggrin.png

Three Englishman walk into a bar and spot a Welshman sitting alone at a table.

One fellow said to the others, 'Let's pick a fight with that Welshman over there.'
His partner replied, 'Wait, we don't want to be arrested. Let's make him start the fight.'
The third Englishman said, 'Wait here chaps. I know how to do it.'

He went over to the Welshman and said, 'St David was a flippin' sissy.'
To this the Welshman replied, 'Ah well you don't say!' and calmly resumed drinking his beer.

The second Englishman now tried his luck and said to the Welshman, 'St David was a stupid fool that wore a dress!'
The Welshman again replied, 'You're very sharp, you don't say!' and calmly resumed drinking his beer.

The last Englishman told his friends he knew how to rile the Welshman and bounced up to the table and yelled, 'St David was an Englishman!'

The Welshman replied, calmly, 'That's what your mates were trying to tell me.'

Don't think so... rolleyes.gif

Try this one then:

Russian spy was dropped by parachute in the Welsh hills with instructions to

contact a Mr. Jones who lived in the small village of Llanfair, and give him the

code message "the tulips are blooming well today."

Arriving at the village he asked a small boy where Mr. Jones lived and was

directed to a small cottage at the end of the village.

He knocked on the door and the owner emerged. "Are you Mr. Jones?"

"I am."

"The tulips are blooming well today."

Mr. Jones stared at him in amazement and then smiled.

"Ah, you must have come to the wrong house. It's Jones-the-spy you want."

Has the Prince of Wales been invited? whistling.gif

As i mentioned in my original post to be invited yo have to either be Welsh, of Welsh ancestry or be in symphathy with Welsh culture, I'm afraid his Royal highness is off the guest list on all 3 counts!

Love the one about 3 Englishmen walk into a bar FWIW! Priceless.

My all time favourite was the Englishman, Welshman and Scotsman who were each given a 5 year prison sentence. As They had all pleaded guilty, the judge allowed them to choose one thing to take with them to their jail cells.

The Welshman chose a beautiful woman (Thai of course, Chiang Mai lass!)

The Scotsman chose a case of the finest single malt Scotch Whisky

and the Englishman chose a box of the finest Cuban cigars.

After serving their sentences, the prison guards unlocked the cell doors. The Welshman emerged tie awry, hair tousled and very flushed.

The Scotsman emerged rolling back and forth singing some strange song about a goblin

when the Englishman emerge,d he blinked a few times then in his politest Eton English enquired " Excuse me, does anyone have a light?"!!

Geddit?

St. Patrick was born in Roman Britain at Banna Venta Berniae, a location otherwise unknown, though identified in one tradition as Glannoventa, modern Ravenglass in Cumbria. http://en.wikipedia....i/Saint_Patrick

OK lets just say St Patrick of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England

I just love it when someone quotes wikipedia as an authorative source of (mis)information, maybe try the 'official' Irish Government website to get some more accurate info. I will leave you to do some proper searching rather than take the easy wiki route.

Thanks John! Today, though is of course St. DAVID's Day and St.David is the only saint in the British Isles to be born in the country he is patron saint of - being fairly reliably proven to have been born in Pembrokeshire. Tonight will be our BBQ night and a few Welsh tunes. We can broaden the discussion to St. Patrick when his feast day comes up on 17th March!