Silomfan And Thai3

Gentlemen,

I know that we disagree on the visa procedure. But I would like to make a polite request of you both.

Please can you stop hijacking threads from people who are looking for advice by posting about your negativity. It does no favours to the original poster, as these posts can easily obscure their question and the actual advice they are seeking.

We are all well aware of your views, but if you must continue posting them please do so in a separate thread. That way people with a genuine question can have it answered without them having to wade through yet another pointless argument.

Silomfan, I know that you will probably see this as a reasonable request. Thai3, if you are as genuine as you claim to be then I am sure that you will too.

Gentlemen,

I know that we disagree on the visa procedure. But I would like to make a polite request of you both.

Please can you stop hijacking threads from people who are looking for advice by posting about your negativity. It does no favours to the original poster, as these posts can easily obscure their question and the actual advice they are seeking.

We are all well aware of your views, but if you must continue posting them please do so in a separate thread. That way people with a genuine question can have it answered without them having to wade through yet another pointless argument.

Silomfan, I know that you will probably see this as a reasonable request. Thai3, if you are as genuine as you claim to be then I am sure that you will too.

well talk about the pot calling the kettle black, I don't think anyone had really strayed off topic, except GU22 posting stuff from other boards that I was supposed to have made re sinsott years ago, and nothing to go with any thread here.

Nevertheless I agree as long as false accusations, snide remarks and insults do not start to re appear.

Hello GU22.. i can see your point about keeping threads on track , however i'm sure that you would agree that it doesn't serve the op much if he is not made aware that there are often hidden problems with getting a visa and its certainly not always clear what exactly is required. On this largely pro-ECO forum , you and scoucer never seem to critisise the Embassy and i think if you both were a little more critical, where appropriate, then your posts would have more value and wouldn't encourage us anti brigade to fly into action.

Enough posters here have complained about their rudeness and unreasonable refusals for you both to at least concede that the system isn't perfect and you should both praise and condemn them according to the post. At present you both only praise which common sense tells you can't be a true reflection of reality. Why don't you both try to be a little more critical if its called for and not just fall back on your stock reply of "well you always have review and after that appeal .." . To wait up to a year for an appeal to rectify a mistake isn't satisfactory .

We all have busy lives , well at least i do , and i don't want to have to be constantly trying to add balance to you and scouser's blatently pro-embassy posts. A forum is not so useful if its only full of yes men and i have always tried to add balance to make it more realistic.

So i will happily agree to try and limit my posts to where i feel i have to say something , but will you both in return try to make your posts a little more critical of the Embassy when it appears they have made a mistake . Surely that will then be of more benefit to the OP and drag this forum a bit closer to reality .

Have a nice day :o

SILOMFAN

I agree with GU22.

I read mostly what is of interest to me and I rarely make a comment unless I know what I am talking about.

I am mostly a quiet observer but if I can say what my mother used to say to me long ago,

If there any problem from either of you I will bang both your heads together.

It used to work as well.

Silomfan,

How is answering questions about the application procedure and advising someone on how to prepare their application in order to maximise their chances of success being biased in favour of the ECOs? Surely you want genuine applicants to succeed? Sometimes it seems that you want to ruin peoples chances simply so you can feel more justified in your stance; surely that is not the case?

I fail to see how flying off on a tangent in long posts about how the ECOs are biased against applicants and hold personal grudges will help someone prepare an application. Do you want to help people succeed, or do you want to convince them that their chances are so slim it's not even worth the bother of trying?

If you want yet another long discussion on the fairness or otherwise of the system and the ECOs then all I am asking is don't hijack someone else's thread to do it.

All i am saying is TRY to make your posts reflect the fact that the British Embassy can be and are sometimes unpredictable as many things are subjective not factual and that when they do make errors criticise sometimes.

SILOMFAN

All I can say in reply is that in order to make the above statement you must have either:-

Not read the many (thousands of?) words I have written on this subjest;

or

Not understood what I have written;

or

Chosen to ignore what I have written.

I wonder which it is?

I have obviously not read all your posts or anywhere near all of them. I have read a lot though, and i have never seen you blame or criticise them . The nearest you come is to say they are human and make mistakes. However you don't go furthur and when someone posts saying they have been treated appallingly by the BE ECO's that day etc i never see you say words to the effec t of "thats awful ..complain immediately and get an apology .." Never a hint of blame leaves your lips.

SILOMFAN

you and scoucer never seem to critisise the Embassy......... At present you both only praise
I have obviously not read all your posts or anywhere near all of them. I have read a lot though, and i have never seen you blame or criticise them .
Before criticising me, and others, for what I have not said it would be a good idea to actually read what I have said.

Here is one recent example

There is, of course, no excuse for rudeness, and if this lady is genuine then I hope she gets at least an apology from the ECM.
If you have the time to search through the archives you will find others.

Lopburiguy, exactly!

Edited by GU22

Whilst visa issues are the topic all issues relating to the obtaining of them are discussed here.Many others , not just me , have expressed negative views about the British Embassy Bangkok either because of difficulties they are having with obtaining their visa or complaints about the attitudes of the staff themselves. Are you saying that these cannot be discussed ?? Although i realise that scouser doesn't "give a toss .." (his words) if the system is changed or not , i thought you GU22 had at least a desire to see the visa process made as fair and efficient as it can be . So are you now saying that you don't want any discussions on how this can be done , and are you now joining scouser in saying that there can be no discussions on the BE Bangkok unless "justifiable"?

I posted a very concilliatory post today simply asking that you occasionally critisise the BE in the same way you leap to post in their defense every time someone starts a thread praising them or saying they have obtained their visa. Why this savage attack on me today ?

SILOMFAN

GU22 - don't bother mate - u are wasting your time.

So it would appear.

All the usual faces rally round you i see . Just needs the gent to post and the parties complete.

Just criticise as quickly as you praise them and i will have a lot more respect for your opinions.

For heaven's sake! Can't you give it a rest? For the last 5 months you've been banging on about only the one thing. You have 130 posts of which 129 are in this sub-forum. I'd estimate that 90% of those are all about what a bunch of tyrants ECOs are. You have never substantiated your claim. What you have written time and time again amounts to nothing more than conjecture and your own visceral opinion. You are entitled to express this, but in excess of 100 times? Give us a break! Frankly, to me and other members reading the same old rant is boring and has been shown to be pointless. In your 5 months' membership the only other person who has actively agreed with you is thai3. What can I say??

If you do genuinely feel that the system is unfair, then take your own advice and petiton your MP. In fact do anything you like except bang on and on and on and on ad nauseum about it on here.

Scouse.

Whilst visa issues are the topic all issues relating to the obtaining of them are discussed here.Many others , not just me , have expressed negative views about the British Embassy Bangkok either because of difficulties they are having with obtaining their visa or complaints about the attitudes of the staff themselves. Are you saying that these cannot be discussed ?? Although i realise that scouser doesn't "give a toss .." (his words) if the system is changed or not , i thought you GU22 had at least a desire to see the visa process made as fair and efficient as it can be . So are you now saying that you don't want any discussions on how this can be done , and are you now joining scouser in saying that there can be no discussions on the BE Bangkok unless "justifiable"?

I posted a very concilliatory post today simply asking that you occasionally critisise the BE in the same way you leap to post in their defense every time someone starts a thread praising them or saying they have obtained their visa. Why this savage attack on me today ?

SILOMFAN

We get the message, there is NO need to post in every thread about how bad the embassy is run WE KNOW already, so do the posters who come on here, they are here seeking advice because they know how difficult it can be to get a visa, but really valuable points are being lost in the constant drivel posts you are banging out.

Get the message, continuous posts like this are a waste of your time and everybody else who is having to wade through your posts to gleen the required info.

And just for your information, my wife was refused twice, and i hate the <deleted> embassy for the grief they put us through BUT there is no need for me to keep banging on about it, so why do you feel the need?

SILOMFAN

We get the message, there is NO need to post in every thread about how bad the embassy is run WE KNOW already, so do the posters who come on here, they are here seeking advice because they know how difficult it can be to get a visa, but really valuable points are being lost in the constant drivel posts you are banging out.

Get the message, continuous posts like this are a waste of your time and everybody else who is having to wade through your posts to gleen the required info.

And just for your information, my wife was refused twice, and i hate the <deleted> embassy for the grief they put us through BUT there is no need for me to keep banging on about it, so why do you feel the need?

Well said Daleyboy and Scouse,...just boot em out. I am sick of coming on here reading someones rant...when are things going to get back to normal round here? :o

Edited by lopburiguy

GU22,

Please don't take this the wrong way. The advise I have recieved via yourself and scouse, some directly but mostly indirectly - and others that have shared their experiences (thanks!), with reasonable obsservations that can assist others - has been very helpful and I hope to post my (gulp) experience here in due course.

But, was it wise to open this again? Enough had been said, done and dusted, I kind of feel you left the door ajar a bit with your opening thread?

You don't need to justify yourself. How about calling it quits and leaving well alone.

Regards,

:o

Olllie, I see exactly what you are saying. I had hoped that Silomfan would see sense and respond in an intelligent and adult manner.

Unfortunately I was wrong.

At least his rantings are now, I hope, confined to the one thread which people can chose to read or ignore.