Young Driver From Wealthy Family Gets Suspended Jail Term

Buchholz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And is this mentally unstable person still permitted to drive a car or has his license been revoked?

I also noticed how many hi-so types seem to be "mentally unstable" in this country (or perhaps claim to be so they never have to face the music). Is this a cultural thing? Genetic, perhaps? Or just another ugly manifestation of 'Thainess'?

As usual, the mind boggles.

Naaaaaaaah, it's called Moneyness. sad.png

There you go......how can anyone dispute that there is no "Hi-so" influence in Thailand....you pay the fare....you go free!

No questions asked.....no "sorry" explanations......this little prick should (and would) do time in any western country.....but TiT!!

The defendant's sentence went from "15 years and two months in jail on charges of premeditated-murder" reduced to zero time in jail on a 2 year suspended sentence.

Wow, did someone get a Merc 500 ?

Compensation paid was not enough to pay for a Mercedes:

Kanpitak, son of Kun-anek and Savinee; former Miss Thailand, to pay compensation to Sangwan Srihawong, for Bt800,000.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/239083-court-jails-son-of-miss-thailand-for-ten-years/#entry2498271

.0004392_full_zpscb957134.jpg

Kanpitak (center) flanked by parents Savinee (left) and Kun-anek (right)

Ah how touching, the proud parents, they taught him well.

Its strange but my wifes sister who has always lived in Thailand would not bat an eyelid at this ,yet my wife who has lived many years in the west thinks its a disgrace ,just goes to show that Thai people are indoctanated to this sort of thing and see it as normal ,its only when they leave Thailand they see how the world (or westerners) at least see things.

• Like 2

Its strange but my wifes sister who has always lived in Thailand would not bat an eyelid at this ,yet my wife who has lived many years in the west thinks its a disgrace ,just goes to show that Thai people are indoctanated to this sort of thing and see it as normal ,its only when they leave Thailand they see how the world (or westerners) at least see things.

how true, my wife's eyes have opened wide, she comments on politics, australian politics of course because thailands she knows are corrupt, court news thats a favourite with her, australian court news not thai.

it is a disgrace this scroat walks almost free, but the disturbing point is most people farang and thai expected it to happen.

We all knew this was going to be the outcome, but it still makes me

want to puke when I read it. Think it is time for the regular Thai people to rise

up and take justice into their own hands, because for damn sure it

is not going to come from the government... :-(

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

This could be the preparation for the Red Bull Case, now we know what Will happen there also!!!

The Red Bull case is truly a forgone conclusion in his favor. On the hiso pecking

order, this guy is a fly speck compared to the Red Bull punk...

• Like 1

Where are the righteous red shirts to condemn this travesty of justice. I guess if they don't get paid its not worth protesting the Amart. Thai society deserves everything they get for not reacting, long live you in poverty and servitude.

The defendant's sentence went from "15 years and two months in jail on charges of premeditated-murder" reduced to zero time in jail on a 2 year suspended sentence.

Wow, did someone get a Merc 500 ?

Compensation paid was not enough to pay for a Mercedes:

Kanpitak, son of Kun-anek and Savinee; former Miss Thailand, to pay compensation to Sangwan Srihawong, for Bt800,000.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/239083-court-jails-son-of-miss-thailand-for-ten-years/#entry2498271

.0004392_full_zpscb957134.jpg

Kanpitak (center) flanked by parents Savinee (left) and Kun-anek (right)

Ah how touching, the proud parents, they taught him well.

This sort of thing goes on all the time in China.. oh my mistake just saw the Thai flag in the background

And people wonder why a crook like Thaksin and his cohorts get elected. I'm no Thaksin fan, but when the red shirts go on and on about the Bangkok elite, I'm sure they point to stories like this.

They would check first that the family concerned were not Thaksin supporters.

That'll probably come out of the petty cash drawer.

And, if your parents are rich, how many people do you have to kill

before you get a proper sentence ?.

Disgusting. He may have escaped prison, but i pray he and his parents are tormented by their guilty conscience for the rest of their lives and society shuns them.

The parents won't have any guilt, people shouldn't have got in their sons way and the matter is probably already forgotten, though it might be interesting dinner talk how inconsiderate the peasants are.

Society will not shun them as they have demonstrated that they have both money and power, two things that put you high on the Thai hierarchical ladder.

• Like 1

Nothing will change the bribery and corruption of this place any time soon because it is all the way to the court and judges who are supposed to uphold the law. They are a disgrace to their position and what they represent. If you have money you get away with murder as demonstrated here. This little prick need a frontal lobotomy - pleading stress (poor dear) and a deliberate case of road rage where death was the result. He needs life, not a 2 year suspended sentence. In the least, the monkey house and some bum fodder so he is taught a lesson. Had it been a Farang guilty of this it would have been 10+ years.

• Like 1

Disgusting. He may have escaped prison, but i pray he and his parents are tormented by their guilty conscience for the rest of their lives and society shuns them.

The parents won't have any guilt, people shouldn't have got in their sons way and the matter is probably already forgotten, though it might be interesting dinner talk how inconsiderate the peasants are.

Society will not shun them as they have demonstrated that they have both money and power, two things that put you high on the Thai hierarchical ladder.

Apart from raise a scumbag son, the parents have done what many would do if their child was to face a lengthy time in a Thai jail.

Despite the children of the poor starting to live a more educated wealthier existence Thailand doesn't get more civilised.

Seems to me things will never change in my life and i'm only mid 30s.