Are You Discouraged With The Negativity On Thaivisa? Suggestions Here:

infinity11

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No different to any other Thai-based board I've seen. The board which caters primarily to English teachers is, IMO, worse.

Why because most of them can't write or speak it as a native language? wai2.gif

Edited by RabC
  • Like 1

No different to any other Thai-based board I've seen. The board which caters primarily to English teachers is, IMO, worse.

No forgetting the Thai Wooden Door as well. sick.gif

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

^ look at this thread and get back to us

identify the posts that actually offer something of value to the forum readers

the crap starts with the very first user post #2 and descends from there, and i see some have even been removed.

I wonder at the reading abilities; eg from the original news item:

Komarov had checked into the Hotel on 16th February and was due to check-out on 5th March

17 days?

then a few posts down #19:

Coincidentally, he was killed on the planned day of his departure after an almost 60 day stay.

Despair!

Not sure what you mean by negativity. Can you provide any examples. Really, can you!

Forgot my, tongue in cheek, just kidding, haha, I know what you mean, moneys on the bed side table, SMILEY FACE!

for every negative post, there are probably alot more positive things going on about. usually, no one really post about positive things unless its a exceptional one and we took certain things for granted. but when it comes to the slightest negative things that we encounter, we tend to bltch it more than anything else.

• Like 2

I don't mind negative comments. I even don't mind insults because they tell more about the person using the insult than the person the insult is being directed at. Everything is a learning experience to me and I often learn more from a disagreement than I do with something positive. Good natured banter is fun, but rather boring over a computer. It is like "bar talk" where nothing of importance is said, but occasionally you meet someone who appeals to you.

Sometimes persieved as insults opens ones eyes to stuff. thumbsup.gif Think most of us ''honestly'' always think we are right, sure l do w00t.gif , but l know l am not, hmmmmm, a few times when l sit back and think, hmmmmmm. WHICH, is a plus for any forum,............ talk, read, and above all think. thumbsup.gif

There are good posts and bad posts. Opinions are varied and that is normal and fine. Some posts are very factual and some come from far beyond ignorant. They are simply stupid. Some posts border on the writer being an imbecile and are possibly from trolls just trying to stir things up. I certainly wouldn't want to live anywhere that I despised so the totally negative posts can be written off as trying to stir the pot and should be ignored.

• Like 1

If it was all happy happy joy joy it would be awfully boring, wouldn't it.

Sometimes the negativity and the replies are quite entertaining. I form my own opinions and so am not bothered by those with a sour outlook on life. Sometimes it is hard to avoid sounding negitive when commenting on some aspects of thai culture such as getting away with murder if you are connected. Putting down Joe or Lek Somchai for what ever lack of skill or social graces you percieve them to be lacking in is really just a cheap shot as they surely have not had the advantages of a western education and culture that you have.

• Like 1

Dont take any posts personally, what ever you say your going to be either a suckup or a troll either way, so just do what you want. You will soon know if you break the rules as they will lock and close the thread. Have fun.

And with all your amazing mind boggling topics that you started recently you should know.......

If it was all happy happy joy joy it would be awfully boring, wouldn't it.

Sometimes the negativity and the replies are quite entertaining. I form my own opinions and so am not bothered by those with a sour outlook on life. Sometimes it is hard to avoid sounding negitive when commenting on some aspects of thai culture such as getting away with murder if you are connected. Putting down Joe or Lek Somchai for what ever lack of skill or social graces you percieve them to be lacking in is really just a cheap shot as they surely have not had the advantages of a western education and culture that you have.

Sorry what does someone with a Saltire as a profile pic know about culture apart from St Ivel make it ?

I don't mind negative comments. I even don't mind insults because they tell more about the person using the insult than the person the insult is being directed at. Everything is a learning experience to me and I often learn more from a disagreement than I do with something positive. Good natured banter is fun, but rather boring over a computer. It is like "bar talk" where nothing of importance is said, but occasionally you meet someone who appeals to you.

Sometimes persieved as insults opens ones eyes to stuff. thumbsup.gif Think most of us ''honestly'' always think we are right, sure l do w00t.gif , but l know l am not, hmmmmm, a few times when l sit back and think, hmmmmmm. WHICH, is a plus for any forum,............ talk, read, and above all think. thumbsup.gif

You were definitely wrong over the type pressure ........ 52!

You were definitely wrong over the type pressure ........ 52!

Not type pressure rolleyes.gif . Was right about tyre pressure though. laugh.png