Girl Pregnant?

ayayay

A girl friend, I know, but not so well, and I, had sex a few times, only when we got drunk.

The thing is, she normally have her period around the 23rd, but last month, she did not have her period, she told me, she wanted to do a check up, so this Monday, 4th, she went to check (she said it cost 1500 thb?) and she said, she was pregnant and now she had to "take out" what was going to be a baby.

I know there could not have been a baby yet (of course), and I know she did not try to make me believe it, but she said "she had to take it out", and that it costed her 6500 thb.

She also said she will not be able to work for 2 months, and not be able to have sex for 2 months (no she does not freelance, at least that is what she told me). And she will probably figure out some financial compensation for that.

In my mind, I would think, if her period was delayed for 2 weeks, and it was because she was pregnant, the pregnancy can not have gone very far. And if this is true, should it not be enough with some kind of a pill or something? And would it really cost 6500 thb?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you are going to get a bit of flack

Drunk + unprotected Sex + someone you know not too well???

That aside, Abortions are best carried out between 8-12 weeks

of pregnancy.

By the OP's post it sounds like she tested ( 1500 THB )

Also she already had the abortion ( 6500 THB )

According to her anyway.

On the one hand she could be telling you the truth

but then again you do not know her well as you say.

So she may just be hitting you up for 8000 THB

If not & she is telling the truth & you do not help out then that is sad too

Who knows?

In either case should you decide to pay

I think you have just had a very inexpensive lesson

Learn from it.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Pregnancy test at hospital free.

Pregnancy test at home 60bht for the good ones.

Buy one, get her to wee in a cup, do the test yourself ...... takes about 5 minutes for the result.

It's a scam 9/10 times (especially if the bogus test cost 1500bht).

Abortion in Thailand is against the law, do not pay money to her to have one .... real or imagined.

Yes, I know its illegal, I am not gonna pay.

Hypothetically, if she did an "abortion", and I am almost sure it is just bullshit.

Would it seem possible that she would have to undergo such a drastic treatment that she would have to stay home from work for 2 months? And plus, she tells me she is so tired now, she have to sleep all the time. After all, her period was late for only 2 weeks. To me it seems like, at the most, there was a small sperm, that just found the egg, and nothing else. And that a pill would have solved the problem

By the OP's post it sounds like she tested ( 1500 THB )

Also she already had the abortion ( 6500 THB )

According to her anyway.

On the one hand she could be telling you the truth

but then again you do not know her well as you say.

So she may just be hitting you up for 8000 THB

Well, it could be much more as well, as she says she can not work for 2 months. And that she might need some compensation for that.

Follow these simple steps.

Step 1. Go to pharmacy and buy a couple of pregnancy tests. Cost maybe 200 baht.

Step 2. Pee on the pregnancy test - important she pees, and not you

Step 3. Check pregnancy test with results on box - there will be 2 options - positive (congratulations) or negative (phew)

Step 4. If she is pregnant, get expert medical advice and make an informed decision and do things correctly and safely. Ignore myths.

Step 5. If she is not pregnant, you know you have been scammed and it's time to move on.

If she refuses step 1, 2 or 3, you have been scammed. Move on.

Yeah, that is what I should have done, the problem is, she already said she "took it out". So there is no way I can check if she is pregnant or not.

Step 1. Go to pharmacy and buy a couple of pregnancy tests. Cost maybe 200 baht.

Step 3. Check pregnancy test with results on box - there will be 2 options - positive (congratulations) or negative (phew)

Step 4. If she is pregnant, get expert medical advice and make an informed decision and do things correctly and safely. Ignore myths.

Step 5. If she is not pregnant, you know you have been scammed and it's time to move on.

Yeah, that is what I should have done, the problem is, she already said she "took it out". So there is no way I can check if she is pregnant or not.

Only you know the girl and her character and can decide if she is telling the truth or playing you.

2 month off work sounds excessive. What does she do exactly?

I'm sure you had a couple of sleepless nights. Good news is she is no longer pregnant (or is she?) and you have learnt a lesson.

Well as you have posted abortion is illegal here so maybe just maybe that's what an illegal abortion costs.

Maybe it's best to pay it and that will be the end of it. If you don't pay and she is preganant then it is going to cost you that every month for the next 18 years. But do a home test first.

The likelyhood if she is a bar girl or gold digging lo-so then you paying for the baby and her to look after it will be like winning the lottery to her.

Pregnancy test at hospital free.

Pregnancy test at home 60bht for the good ones.

Buy one, get her to wee in a cup, do the test yourself ...... takes about 5 minutes for the result.

It's a scam 9/10 times (especially if the bogus test cost 1500bht).

Abortion in Thailand is against the law, do not pay money to her to have one .... real or imagined.

My GF did a home pregnancy test this morning.

Just asked her how much -- 45 Baht or 50 Baht (she can't remember the exact price) from 7-11. They sell them at the counter.

OP is being scammed.

Just asked her how much -- 45 Baht or 50 Baht (she can't remember the exact price) from 7-11. They sell them at the counter.

OP is being scammed.

I used a 40 bht one, and the answer was inconclusive.

Pharmacist advised the slightly more expensive at 60 and 80 bht gave clearer results ....... and the 60 bht one was conclusive.

OP is being scammed.

I used a 40 bht one, and the answer was inconclusive.

Pharmacist advised the slightly more expensive at 60 and 80 bht gave clearer results ....... and the 60 bht one was conclusive.

Ok, this is really interesting, she claims it cost 1500 thb to do a check up at the hospital. And maybe a little cheaper somewhere at a clinic where she comes from outside of Bangkok.

So already at this stage, I could probably bust her balls by not telling the truth if it only cost 45-80 thb,

And in hospitals it is for free?

I actually feel a little sorry for her though, if it turns out, she did do some kind of abortion and had to pay 6500 thb, and only lied about the pregnancy test fee. Even though that is bad enough.

Home test is wee on a strip. Cost 40-80bht. Takes 5 minutes

Hospital test (government) is blood sample, free for Thais, maybe 200bht for a foreigner. Couple of hours wait for the lab work.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Home test is wee on a strip. Cost 40-80bht. Takes 5 minutes

Hospital test (government) is blood sample, free for Thais, maybe 200bht for a foreigner. Couple of hours wait for the lab work.

Yes, good to know, I had no idea what the pregnancy test cost, but I thought it was very expensive when she said it. That is also why I asked for a receipt, but I doubt I will get one.

Well if she has already had an abortion then you can just walk away if you think she is the type to scam. What can she do ? Hire a lawyer and go to court for money for an illegal abortion ?

That is the problem, I do not know her that well, but to me, she seemed like she was not that kinda girl, and that was part of what I liked about her. But as I said, I do not honestly know her that well at all.

No reciepts?

I asked for that, and she said she did not have it as it is illegal to do an abortion. But I should have got it for the 1500 thb pregnancy test at least.

It's a scam and has been going on for years in exactly the same format. It's the same as the sick buffalo scam which no doubt people still fall far.