Top Thai Democrats Face Charge Over Donation To Party

webfact

Isn't the DSI supposed to be an agency that takes on cases that are too big or complicated for the ordinary police to handle?

This is a gross waste of their time & resources. It is so patently obvious (but not, apparently to PTP acolytes) that this is another prong in the PTP-driven witch hunt against the opposition. I shudder to think what will happen to this country if (when?) the Thaksin machine grabs the reins of any of the other so far independent agencies.

Isn't this about on a par with Democrats obsession over Thaksin using a Thai or Montenegran passport? There appeared to be plenty of support for that particular fiasco on the forum...

no

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely worded try to diminish scorecards well stated points,

but no sale, and no successful obsfucation of the points made.

But I have not even begun dismantling his extremely misleading summary point by point.I simply made a general statement.By all means start another thread because this is now off topic.But your record of bluster and extreme right wing views does not suggest you will have much of value to contribute.

Edited by jayboy

Nicely worded try to diminish scorecards well stated points,

but no sale, and no successful obsfucation of the points made.

But I have not even begun dismantling his extremely misleading summary point by point.I simply made a general statement.By all means start another thread because this is now off topic.But your record of bluster and extreme right wing views does not suggest you will have much of value to contribute.

ROTFLOL.

Again clueless argument ad hominum, seeking to diminish other's thoughts that diverge from yours.

I particularly like " ...extreme right wing views.. " for gross inexactitude under fire.

And I am sure it keeps you busy since there are so many divergent viewers.

• Like 2

I leave you with this comment supplied by one of the judges appointed by the junta responsible for the decision to acquit the democrats but disband Thai Rak Thai..."The Thai Rak Thai party did not respect the rule of law," one of the judges said. "Therefore the court orders to dissolve the Thai Rak Thai party.".............so there you have it guys will the constitutional court exonerate the democrats yet again?.............in order to maintain the 'checks and balances' of course!!!........is there a "broke the law but we see them as good chaps so they can walk free" in the case of the democrats?

When the judges read out their verdict on the TRT case they did not comment or relate it to the Democrats case, because they read a verdict on the case on hand apart from the fact that the case against the Democrats was filed two years later. Similarly in the conclusion to the Democrats case (too small campaign posters and allegedly THB 259m donation to them) the court read out their verdict in relation to the case and not in relation to older cases against others. Your suggestion that the courts made a wrong judgment / decision in the Democrats case is interesting, but has no value.

As far as statements by judges are concerned there never was such comment as you constructed. Now of course it's nice to construct a rambling sentence from statements made over a decade but the value of that is minimal except for exposing the constructor. Allegedly that is of course.rolleyes.gif

Now back to "democrats charged with being too honest in the paper trace of their donations" laugh.png

Isn't the DSI supposed to be an agency that takes on cases that are too big or complicated for the ordinary police to handle?

This is a gross waste of their time & resources. It is so patently obvious (but not, apparently to PTP acolytes) that this is another prong in the PTP-driven witch hunt against the opposition. I shudder to think what will happen to this country if (when?) the Thaksin machine grabs the reins of any of the other so far independent agencies.

Isn't this about on a par with Democrats obsession over Thaksin using a Thai or Montenegran passport? There appeared to be plenty of support for that particular fiasco on the forum...

no

Better Mick, your concise if inaccurate response makes easier reading please stick to this style moving forward

Edited by 473geo

I leave you with this comment supplied by one of the judges appointed by the junta responsible for the decision to acquit the democrats but disband Thai Rak Thai..."The Thai Rak Thai party did not respect the rule of law," one of the judges said. "Therefore the court orders to dissolve the Thai Rak Thai party.".............so there you have it guys will the constitutional court exonerate the democrats yet again?.............in order to maintain the 'checks and balances' of course!!!........is there a "broke the law but we see them as good chaps so they can walk free" in the case of the democrats?

When the judges read out their verdict on the TRT case they did not comment or relate it to the Democrats case, because they read a verdict on the case on hand apart from the fact that the case against the Democrats was filed two years later. Similarly in the conclusion to the Democrats case (too small campaign posters and allegedly THB 259m donation to them) the court read out their verdict in relation to the case and not in relation to older cases against others. Your suggestion that the courts made a wrong judgment / decision in the Democrats case is interesting, but has no value.

As far as statements by judges are concerned there never was such comment as you constructed. Now of course it's nice to construct a rambling sentence from statements made over a decade but the value of that is minimal except for exposing the constructor. Allegedly that is of course.rolleyes.gif

Now back to "democrats charged with being too honest in the paper trace of their donations" laugh.png

Your search engine need a little oil Rubl.......but my expectations are not set high so don't worry.....I understand not everybody embraces the reading and the detail I do to find the data I occasionally extract.......the best I hope for at times is one word answer right or wrong, Mick has already risen to my expectations......twice in one day would be a little too much to expect......if you are looking for an above board donation to upgrade let me know I'm sure it could be arranged

Your search engine need a little oil Rubl.......but my expectations are not set high so don't worry.....I understand not everybody embraces the reading and the detail I do to find the data I occasionally extract.......the best I hope for at times is one word answer right or wrong, Mick has already risen to my expectations......twice in one day would be a little too much to expect......if you are looking for an above board donation to upgrade let me know I'm sure it could be arranged

In other words ... I was right ... on the mark biggrin.png

• Like 1

Quote 473geo: Isn't this about on a par with Democrats obsession over Thaksin using a Thai or Montenegran passport? There appeared to be plenty of support for that particular fiasco on the forum... The only 'fiasco' was the personal delivery of a passport to a convicted fugitive. That, of course never reached the DSI so it is really off topic.

Not sure whether my ISP or PC was responsible for delay.

Anyway, the only fiasco was the delivery of a Thai passport to a criminal fugitive.

However, there was no DSI involvement, so off topic.

c'mon now... from that same article, Thaksin accepted the verdict and advised you to stay calm.

From his home in London, Mr Thaksin issued a statement saying he accepted the verdict, and urged his supporters to remain calm.

Indeed and I expect Abhisit and co would like to pass the same message regarding these charges.......but it doesn't appear to have filtered through to the fanatics on Tvisa who are desperately trying to not support law breaking while trying to rubbish the investigation......... it doesn't carry......but full marks for their attempts it does provide a little entertainment on a grey day in England

Bangkok governor-elect Sukhumbhand Paribatra to hear the charge

of breaking the law in the manner of his donation of his salary to the

Democrat Party.w00t.gif

How long will this DSI Democrat witch hunt go on for? If their going to waste recourse's , can they at least find something more exciting, than the Dems donating money to themselves.

Can it be that Thaksin is tired of sitting on the sand dunes eating camel meat?whistling.gif he must be desperate to come back.laugh.png

QUOTE : 473geo

UNQUOTE.

In other words ... I was right ... on the mark biggrin.png

Nope see the comment from Buchholz, you missed the article he found......slack Rubl...slack....

Perhaps he searched on your deceptive and freelanced addition which doesn't appear in the article:

one of the judges appointed by the junta

When PT said they were prepared to work seamlessly with the Bangkok governor I didn't realise it would mean his spending most of the time with Tart at the DSI.

Of course he ( Bangkok Governor) has to get to take up his post yet

But he's also the former Governor, so wouldn't he at this moment be working as the current Governor and also standing in the wings as the soon to be next Governor? I'm making my self confused here.. so, carry on. blink.png

When PT said they were prepared to work seamlessly with the Bangkok governor I didn't realise it would mean his spending most of the time with Tart at the DSI.

But he's also the former Governor, so wouldn't he at this moment be working as the current Governor and also standing in the wings as the soon to be next Governor? I'm making my self confused here.. so, carry on. :blink:

Its all good. I was referring to the EC folks sin binning him until they investigate some complaints at the voting.

But he's also the former Governor, so wouldn't he at this moment be working as the current Governor and also standing in the wings as the soon to be next Governor? I'm making my self confused here.. so, carry on. blink.png

Somewhat off topic, but begin of January MR Sukhumbhant resigned to avoid possible charges of using his office to stage an election campaign and/or using BMA facilities to support such. So since the 9th of January till possibly 30 days after the 3rd of March Bangkok will have no governor and day-to-day business is taken care of by BMA officials who will refrain from doing anything new or controversial for fear of being charged for having lifted a finger, the wrong finger, or in the wrong way.

Obviously the PM offering her services to promote her candidate and facilitate his every way and move is off topic as well rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Abhisit alone made 21 donations through salary deduction, amounting to Bt15 million, Nirand said.

That averages more than 700k a pop. Gotta wonder what salary this guy was drawing. rolleyes.gif

The other paper reported 48 Dems donated 15 million in total. I know the Nation does some fine reporting and rarely gets facts confusedwhistling.gif , but I am gonna go with the other paper's report on this one.

Hey

when we want common sense we will let you know.

In the mean time we are talking about exonerating all those misunderstood red shirts.

Oh and also persecute the Democrats.

• Like 1

Abhisit alone made 21 donations through salary deduction, amounting to Bt15 million, Nirand said.

That averages more than 700k a pop. Gotta wonder what salary this guy was drawing. rolleyes.gif

The other paper reported 48 Dems donated 15 million in total. I know the Nation does some fine reporting and rarely gets facts confusedwhistling.gif , but I am gonna go with the other paper's report on this one.

To be fair the much maligned theNation did have the following in their OP althought only slightly mangled. Said by Pol Col Nirand Adulyasak, commander of the Special Cases Division 1 of the DSI

"He said the 48 Democrats had their salary deducted and credited to the Democrat Party account from 2008 to 2011. Abhisit alone made 21 donations through salary deduction, amounting to Bt15 million, Nirand said."

So I guess 48 Democrats made THB 15 million in donations to their party between 2008 and 2011 (three or four year period) and Abhisit himself made 21 donations. No indication of who donated how much and how frequently. Only the donations by MR Sukhumbhant are detailed, but then he's to be cleared as soon as possible to be able to take his position as Bangkok governor.thumbsup.gif

The others are really Top Thai Democrats as the topic title alleges rolleyes.gif

Just following my own 'minimalist' advice offered to Mick earlier, Rubl, you will note until your interuption my posts were relevant and on topic.......now I fear the thread has been dragged too far of topic due in part to your error....and the vain attempt by Buchholz to address my posting skills......

An easy method of avoiding a topic being dragged off topic is simply complying with the same protocol of article quoting that all 152,000 members are expected to follow, but which you exclude yourself from.

OR

you can continue to post un-sourced/un-documented ambiguous quotes that are subject to misinterpretation which you can then complain about others being responsible for dragging a topic off topic when they comment on your posts that lack the expected information.

Or you guys could just accept the fact that I am smart enough to avoid any need for fabrication.........a poor strategy that surely would lead to being caught out.......I have not been 'caught out' because I do not believe fabrication is a valid discussion tool.....but hey you guys play how you wish.....I don't ask for a source.....unlike many, have you not noticed......now why do you think that is?

Smart enough to know the value of suggesting without saying, I think you mean ermm.gif

Just like the topic title 'Top Thai Democrats'. To my surprise it's not about the leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship

Just following my own 'minimalist' advice offered to Mick earlier, Rubl, you will note until your interuption my posts were relevant and on topic.......now I fear the thread has been dragged too far of topic due in part to your error....and the vain attempt by Buchholz to address my posting skills......

An easy method of avoiding a topic being dragged off topic is simply complying with the same protocol of article quoting that all 152,000 members are expected to follow, but which you exclude yourself from.

OR

you can continue to post un-sourced/un-documented ambiguous quotes that are subject to misinterpretation which you can then complain about others being responsible for dragging a topic off topic when they comment on your posts that lack the expected information.

Not sure what all you people are on about.

Are you talking about taking things out of context and putting them in other places they don't belong in with the purpose of trying to look rite?

What next Photo shop?

Having witnessed a prime minister removed from office for the minor infraction of appearing on a Television cooking show, I realise anything is possible in Thailand. All this political posturing with the law shows that the law is basically flawed. Of course rules are needed, they need to be clear and fairly applied to all regardless of politics. Ultimately, because of the scale of corruption, the stakes are very high in terms of the benefits of political ascendancy. Unfortunately, none of this seems to have anything to do with policy or improving the standard of living of the nation. Whoever achieves government think only of themselves, their cronies, those they owe polically, those they owe favours and finally the country, in that order. Realistically, the Thai people have become so conditioned to this that they expect nothing else.

He wasn't removed from office for appearing on a TV cooking show. He was removed for taking payment for appearing. PMs are allowed a day job only.

It seems that Abhisit and his fellow party members haven't been too clever about making donations. Everybody knows that the approved method is a bundle of readies in a cake box.

no

Better Mick, your concise if inaccurate response makes easier reading please stick to this style moving forward

Moral equivalence, especially when used as a strawman argument to move off-topic, has no place in a logical debate.

Got a bit sick about reading all the stupid arguments and silly bugger 'who can use the biggest word' stuff so skipped most of the last page.

MY though for the morning: Yea strictly off topic but..................................

How about if the Dems were to be given the equivalent to the DSI (tax payer funded to be fair) to investigate some of the real things that need looking into.

Things like:

What is the value of the work done on the police stations and if not up to the money paid out where is the rest of the money?

Why did PT extend the police station contracts 3 times if work was not being done?

Why were so many tons of subsidized red onions dumped, how much of the money paid out got to the farmers, where did the rest go?

Why has so many tons of subsidized rubber been left to rot?

Has PT broken the law in giving Thaksin his passport back? I think we all know the answer to that.

Also to carry on the investigations started in the no confidence debate and now apparently forgotten in the rice pledging.

Sure you could think of many others that are more important than how donations were made to a party.

After all no one tried to hide the fact that donations were made it would appear to be all open and above board.

Wonder if all the other parties could say the same?

Hey

when we want common sense we will let you know.

In the mean time we are talking about exonerating all those misunderstood red shirts.

Oh and also persecute the Democrats.

OOOPS! sorry.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

As far as the donation I refer to goes the method was alledgedly to disguise the donation.....why would the democrats wish to do that?........I accept just a possible oversight a financial irregularity.......an apology all round and recompense should be ok.......unless of course there is precedent of a jail term for such oversights?

Where is anyone alleging that they were trying to disguise the donation?

How can you disguise a direct bank transfer?

• Like 1

Democrat Party.w00t.gif

How long will this DSI Democrat witch hunt go on for? If their going to waste recourse's , can they at least find something more exciting, than the Dems donating money to themselves.

I suspect that the complaint is apolitical in that it probably came from the 'Parsee Office'. i.e. Suspected income tax fraud.

Democrat Party.w00t.gif

I suspect that the complaint is apolitical in that it probably came from the 'Parsee Office'. i.e. Suspected income tax fraud.

The donations aren't illegal, so why would there be income tax fraud?