Just For Fun: The Official Pattaya Phrase Book

doggie888888

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go into a shop/ salon to get a haircut and the gal says..." oh, sit down-only 10 minute wait" (meaning 20 or 30 minute wait)

When you order Thai food and within two minutes they bring you a plate of rice... meaning the main course will be brought out 15-20 minutes later.

• Like 2

one of my favourite falang meals river and onions

or loast lame on a sunday

and pork tissue is always goes down well

This is more of a dig at their English pronunciation than official phrases. I imagine our Thai sounds just as bad to them.

Everyone in Pattaya who drives a truck or CUV is an idiot. = I have no money can't afford one, walk everywhere so just slag the folk off who have what I want to make me feel better.

The green eyed monster is never far away in Pattaya city.

I don't quite agree with this one.

I can afford a car but I choose to ride a second hand motorcycle because it is the most cost effective way to travel, and a lot easier to park. Driving a car into the center of Pattaya is a lot more inconvenient than a motorcycle. Parking spaces are limited and a usually aren't close to where you actually want to go. It's also a lot quicker being able to weave in and out of traffic queues.

If I absolutely need a car for a day or so I hire one.

Everyone in Pattaya who drives a truck or CUV is an idiot. = I have no money can't afford one, walk everywhere so just slag the folk off who have what I want to make me feel better.

The green eyed monster is never far away in Pattaya city.

I Like to know where to buy CUV? and how much it cost?wink.png

Love (noun) ~Feminine Form~ Periodic sexual acts performed in exchange for money or gold.

Usage: I love you.

Love (noun) ~Masculine Form~ Periodic acts of fiscal stupidity performed in exchange for sex.

Usage: I love you.

Edited by Phronesis
  • Like 2