Retirement Extension - Can You Do It 1 Month In Advance?

UmpaLumpa

This year I got my extension last month, my expiraion date is April 29, so I am good till April 29, 2014. I ask every year since my expiration date is in the middle of the school holidays and it cuts into our family vacation. One month in advance is the answer I get most often. About five years ago they gave it to me 2 months in advance after I wrote a one page explanation, at their request, for the captain. It all depends on how kind the officer in charge is.

UmpaLumpa say: by mistake i booked at immigration for march insead of april and the cue system is fully booked for april.

I moved new to Bangkok, is there any "cue system" and where I can find the link to fix / book a meeting? I was used from Parachuap Khiri Khan just walk in ... Thanks a lot for advice ... wai.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Font size reset to normal.

UmpaLumpa say: by mistake i booked at immigration for march insead of april and the cue system is fully booked for april.

I moved new to Bangkok, is there any "cue system" and where I can find the link to fix / book a meeting? I was used from Parachuap Khiri Khan just walk in ... Thanks a lot for advice ... wai.gif

For Bangkok there isn't a "cue system" that I know of. To begin, you need to go to your bank in the basement to get your bank letter and update your bank book(s) for the day you are applying. Then get your bank book(s) copied then proceed up to the cue desk with your application to get your number.

For Bangkok there isn't a "cue system" that I know of. To begin, you need to go to your bank in the basement to get your bank letter and update your bank book(s) for the day you are applying. Then get your bank book(s) copied then proceed up to the cue desk with your application to get your number.

the online cue booking is on the Chiang Mai Immigration website, dont know if other cities have it too but havent heard of any

This past Summer I renewed 2 1/2 months early because I was going back to the States for three months and would not be back in time for my renewal. Once I explained it to them they renewed me for my normal date and sent me to the other desk to get my slip to reenter. No problems all went well. You just need a good reason if it is going to be more than 30 days.

• Like 1

@metisdead

thank you, all is clear even I have a other proceeeder by showing my income from retire insurance confirmed by my Embassy, contract of rent apartment/house and last arrival stamped card bc. I not report each 90 days (the 90 days start with last entry date biggrin.png so I am mostly once per year in immigration

This past Summer I renewed 2 1/2 months early because I was going back to the States for three months and would not be back in time for my renewal. Once I explained it to them they renewed me for my normal date and sent me to the other desk to get my slip to reenter. No problems all went well. You just need a good reason if it is going to be more than 30 days.

That's great but I think it needs to be said that not all immigration offices are always going to approve an extension THAT early (2.5 months) even with solid evidence of a good excuse.

The extension of my Non Imm O expires on 31 May but due to special circumstaces I would be unable to apply for the extension before May 10th : I went to Immigratio Office (Pathum Thani branch) and there I was assured I could still apply on May 10th i.e. three weeks before the expiry date

I hope they keep their word on this.

The extension of my Non Imm O expires on 31 May but due to special circumstaces I would be unable to apply for the extension before May 10th : I went to Immigratio Office (Pathum Thani branch) and there I was assured I could still apply on May 10th i.e. three weeks before the expiry date

I hope they keep their word on this.

I think in EVERY office you may apply for your extension up until the last day! It isn't a good idea to wait until the last minute, but that is the meaning of EXPIRATION date.

Edited by Jingthing