Ever Been Told To Leave A Thai-Owned Shop ?

MrWorldwide

Going back to the store in MBK mentioned in the OP, and no I've not waded through the thread so this may be repetition or even an answer lurking..

At one time they seemed to be OK with non Thai shoppers, but a while ago this changed. I was politely [so solly Thai only] told the last time I went there with one has to say a smile from the older and younger people there. I said mai-pen-rai and exited though I must admit to being really aggravated by it at the time. Subsequently there was even a sign saying "Sorry Thai Only".

The shop is pre-owned genuine [presumably] "up market" products e.g. LV & similar handbags, Rolex, Mountblanc, and similar. I didn't pursue the logic and maybe someone herein may know more, but that's my only experience of being unwelcome anywhere here. I did subsequently wonder if it was run as some kind of club or use and then swap format.

I suspect this is a fake merchandise shop, and that they have sold to westerners,

who either came back and complained or were investigators for rights thefts and strung them up.

MBK is pretty public and on the investigator's radar.

This is the most plausible explanation I have seen. But I will investigate further.

• Like 1

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How disappointing. Walked around and around the shop most closely fitting this description, but was not challenged. A couple doirs down from McD's on same side, selling designer bags and watches.

-

May just depend on who's on duty and their mood at the time.

Couldn't help myself. Am standing in said store as I write this. Shorts, crappy polo. Flip flops. Unshaven in need of a haircut. Stood in front of the old lady for about 2 mins. Nothing. Did a lap, pretending to look. Came back. Nothing.

Asked a question of one of the sons. He was helpful.

As I've said before, I live in a parallel Thailand.