Saidai Or Mo Chit Busstation To Suvunabumi Airport

moskito

Hi Folks,

I will travel in a couple of days by bus from Phuket to Suvunabumi (? hope typed corect) Airport to go on some holidays from this crappy Island here.

Can anybody tell me if there is a minibus or skytrain at 5:00 in the morning or a Taxi and how long it takes to the Airport mentioned above.

My flight leaves at 9 in the morning so I decided to take the bus...saves me a night in City of Angels and some money wink.png

1. Are there regular minibuses to the Airport?

2. How long do I have to count for getting there?

3. Is there a direct skytrain link to the airport from Mo Chit or Saidai?

THANKS for answering in advance and YES I did use the SEARCH function here but do not ask me whats wrong with the answers or the ppl asking questions in the first place.

I know there are still some Members here like to write and answer questions.... wai2.gif

5am.. You'll be dropped of somewhere in BKK, probably @ kao sahn road. I say from experience..

From there taxi drivers will be pushing for a ride to take you to the airport. Just make sure you have a good feel about the driver(since its 5am) and go with that.

I think this is your best option. You dont want to be wandering around looking for a shuttle bus, believe me..

Have a good 1 in Phuket and be safethumbsup.gif

5am.. You'll be dropped of somewhere in BKK, probably @ kao sahn road. I say from experience..

From there taxi drivers will be pushing for a ride to take you to the airport. Just make sure you have a good feel about the driver(since its 5am) and go with that.

I think this is your best option. You dont want to be wandering around looking for a shuttle bus, believe me..

Have a good 1 in Phuket and be safethumbsup.gif

thx Mustach but WHY the VIP bus from Phuket to BKK should drop me off somewhere at Khao San road (; I can choose getting out in Saidai...which I dont even know, or Mo Chit thats the regular busstop. I am living here since 14 years and I take care nobody cheats me like a 2weeks tourist....thx for taking care ;)

Hmm is it proofed the Skytrain opens at 6 in the morning...thats late i guess, depends on the time needed to arrive at the airport...any ideas how long that may be? as I know yet my flight is at 10 in the morning, i think its enough checking in 1,5h before so if I am at 8:30 at Suvunabumi should be fine. All I want to know is, is it possible to make it with the BTS in Time ... 2h should be more then enough reaching the airport???

just forget all of this and taking a taxi? and then from where, better MoChit or Saidai....

just checked the map below, so Mo Chit bus station has a link to Skytrain, hope not to far away and in walkable distance, 5 stations and I am on Phaya Thai Railway Link to Airport, hope thats ok and they open at 6 in the morning, on the map its just 8 stations to airport, so all in all it should not take more as an hour??? can anyone confirm this please?

http://www.bangkok-maps.com/bts.htm

just checked the map below, so Mo Chit bus station has a link to Skytrain, hope not to far away and in walkable distance, 5 stations and I am on Phaya Thai Railway Link to Airport, hope thats ok and they open at 6 in the morning, on the map its just 8 stations to airport, so all in all it should not take more as an hour??? can anyone confirm this please?

Reconsider from Mo Chit you at 6am you get a secure and smooth 30min ride to the airport.

• Like 1

You should be at the airport by 0730 at the latest....and that is if you just miss the slow train. Take the slow one....it is much cheaper and only fifteen minutes slower.

Easily at the airport in time from Mo Chit.

You should be at the airport by 0730 at the latest....and that is if you just miss the slow train. Take the slow one....it is much cheaper and only fifteen minutes slower.

Easily at the airport in time from Mo Chit.

THANK YOU guys a lot, I will wait then in the busstation until 6:00 when I arrive earlier, and use the slower train then,

Regular buses go to Saitaaimai (referred to earlier as Saidai) and/or Moh Chit. Only crappy backpacker buses go to Khao Sarn Road. From Phuket there are no backpacker buses to my knowledge, from for instance Krabi there are. Edited by keestha

Don't cut your time too close at the airport. Lines through immigration can be quick...or very slow. You just never know. I'd give myself at least 2 hours. No less. That might mean a taxi, but the fare is very reasonable and after an all night bus trip, might be the way to go???????

Make sure they use the meter. If they refuse, find another taxi. The ones waiting right outside some of the bus stations are real scams. Easy to find one that will use a meter, even if you have to walk to the main road and flag one down. They are always around.

it would be smarter to fly in to Swampy the night before and stay in one of the nearby sub 1k baht hotels who offer 5 minutes drive free shuttle minibus to/from the airport.

AS mentioned most if not all buses from Phuket end at Sai Tai Mai which is at the other end of Bangkok, thus the wrong side to reach Swampy.

it would be smarter to fly in to Swampy the night before and stay in one of the nearby sub 1k baht hotels who offer 5 minutes drive free shuttle minibus to/from the airport.

AS mentioned most if not all buses from Phuket end at Sai Tai Mai which is at the other end of Bangkok, thus the wrong side to reach Swampy.

LOL - goood one Sir and exactly the reason I opened another thread about it here. In ALL other threads about the question how to go from MoChit to Suvunabum...or how you prefer SWAMPY....airport, I read answers like yours..... Just let me tell you, I am NOT totally stupid, I am living (all year) since 14 years in Thailand, I am not a kid anymore and NO, your answer was not very helpfull.

Plane is around 10 in the morning from Suvunabumi....Bus arrives around 5-6 o clock, 2 hours at most should bring me to the airport after I slept all night in a confortable VIP bus which I am not using for the first time.

Plane from Phuket to Bangkok: First you have to fly a day before, I would NEVER trust a 06:25 flight from Air Asia which will leave HKT delayed and goes to Don Muang, BKKs old Airport from where one have to cross the city too.

OK, go a night before, drive into town, go eat, drink....may be on a bar or shopping....spend a couple of thousand Baht for Bkk nightlife NO WAY ... I know when I am there I will do it because I LOVE BANGKOK, was living there for a couple of month in the early 90s when it was REAL Angel City, so trust me, its what I mentioned above why I prefer a ride in a bus overnight and the public transport service.....

Regular buses go to Saitaaimai (referred to earlier as Saidai) and/or Moh Chit. Only crappy backpacker buses go to Khao Sarn Road. From Phuket there are no backpacker buses to my knowledge, from for instance Krabi there are.

THANK YOU, right, thats it SAITAAIMAI ;) I forgot the name on my way back from the busstation to home, only something like Maithai in my head :)

now since you helped me remembering I hope I will find it on BKK map, no chance when I was looking for Saidai whistling.gif

Yeah right, I remember the good old cheating backpackers offices in Bangkok and Krabi. In Phuket I knew only one office a long time ago. This one they brought you when you was using the minibusservice from Airport for 200 Baht to Patong of Karon. There was always a STOP there on the way from the airport and they tried to sale Rooms and Tours to the backpackers.....sometimes...very often it worked rolleyes.gif

One time mid 90s i took one of the busses from an office at Bangkok railwaystation. We end up in Surathani where we had to wait from 2 in the morning until 6;00 when we have to take for the rest of the trip a normal orange local bus without toilet and the thing was stopping every 5min.... good old times when we was young and stupid enough to measure Chinese offices with western standarts cheesy.gif

so I will do it like mentioned above, when arriving having a coffee, make my way to the train and may be I look for a taxi.....but to be honest, I hate the knights on wheels....except these ones using METER without beeing asked for rolleyes.gif

great day to all of you

The 556 runs from the Southern Bus Terminal to Suvaranabhumi 24 hours a day. I have no idea as to the frequency, but it uses the Expressway from Lan Luang to the airport. At that time of day it will run quickly...IF the timings work for you. Being that you would be able to enquire at the local bus terminal next to the main bus terminal and if the answer is a no you are just a few metres from queues of taxis I don't see the problem.

It is worth noting that a LOT of buses coming into the Southern Bus Terminal make a drop off on the opposite side of the road before coming into the terminal and there are always taxi waiting here. NEVER had a problem getting a taxi on the meter at this location.

The 556 runs from the Southern Bus Terminal to Suvaranabhumi 24 hours a day. I have no idea as to the frequency, but it uses the Expressway from Lan Luang to the airport. At that time of day it will run quickly...IF the timings work for you. Being that you would be able to enquire at the local bus terminal next to the main bus terminal and if the answer is a no you are just a few metres from queues of taxis I don't see the problem.

It is worth noting that a LOT of buses coming into the Southern Bus Terminal make a drop off on the opposite side of the road before coming into the terminal and there are always taxi waiting here. NEVER had a problem getting a taxi on the meter at this location.

This was a very helpfull tip also, THANKS draftvader,

I checked for Bus 556 in internet and found an excellent map of all Bangkok busses. One can type destinations in and the route will be shown on map

like here http://www.transitbangkok.com/showBestRoute.php?to=Airport+-+Suvarnabhumi+International+Airport&originSelected=true&from=Southern+Bus+Terminal+%28Sai+Thai%29&destinationSelected=false〈=en

here is the map

http://www.transitbangkok.com/stations/Bangkok%20Bus/Southern%20Bus%20Terminal%20(Sai%20Thai)

LOL - goood one Sir and exactly the reason I opened another thread about it here. In ALL other threads about the question how to go from MoChit to Suvunabum...or how you prefer SWAMPY....airport, I read answers like yours..... Just let me tell you, I am NOT totally stupid, I am living (all year) since 14 years in Thailand, I am not a kid anymore and NO, your answer was not very helpfull.

No sir, I did not say you are totally stupid.

I lived near Chumpon for 4 years and had no other choice than train or VIP bus to SaiTaiMai.

I never slept well in the train or VIP bus, arriving Five-ish and finding my way to the airport, Don Meuang in those days and having an uncomfortable day.

Therefore I was advising you to fly Thai into Swampy the night before, have a good sleep at a nearby hotel offering free minibus rides, a tad more expensive but 100% relaxing and no partying.

But yes, seems that 556 bus is your ideal solution, not for me thanks, I will fly Thai directly into Swampy later this month around 17h to catch a plane out to Europe around 20h, avoiding Don Mueang transfer all together. I could save 1k baht by busing all day Udon Thani- Mo Chit and finding my way to Swampy, not worth it in my eyes.

Have a nice trip and good sleep in your VIP bus sir. tongue.png

This was a very helpfull tip also, THANKS draftvader,

I checked for Bus 556 in internet and found an excellent map of all Bangkok busses. One can type destinations in and the route will be shown on map

like here http://www.transitbangkok.com/showBestRoute.php?to=Airport+-+Suvarnabhumi+International+Airport&originSelected=true&from=Southern+Bus+Terminal+%28Sai+Thai%29&destinationSelected=false〈=en

here is the map

http://www.transitbangkok.com/stations/Bangkok%20Bus/Southern%20Bus%20Terminal%20(Sai%20Thai)

Mmm, some strange things going on here.

Firstly, that map sucks, it bears little resemblance to the actual route of the 556 bus. If you suggest that map is "excellent" then I really am worried. The 556 doesn't go anywhere Saphan Taksin and Ratchadamri as the map suggests. Those maps are fundamentally flawed as they rely on drawing a straight line from point A to point B and do not show actual routes along roads. Don't use those maps.

Secondly, if you arrive at Southern Bus Terminal at between 5-6am you should be right with the 556 as it should take around 35-45mins with light traffic. However if later, you start hitting early peak after 6-6:30pm, then that trip can be significantly slowed around Pinklao on Boramaraj. rd and before you get to Yommarat where is enters the expressway. You didn't state what day of the week you are traveling but I am assuming a weekday.

Have a Plan B & a Plan C. Flexibility with known/researched options is always the key. Plan B might be to taxi to Lan Luang & catch the 556, or to taxi to the ARL at Phaya Thai. (Note that there should also be a 556 minivan which does the same route but no good unless small luggage). Every trip is different and what day of the week it is, if it is raining and special events etc all are factors to consider.

However, if the bus does terminate at Mo Chit then that might be a better option as you can public bus/taxi to the BTS then take the ARL from Phaya Thai. If it arrives at Mo Chit not later than 6:30am, later than that pushes it if your flight it at 9am. Total travel time should be around 40mins once you get over to BTS Mo CHit but factor in 15mins to get to BTS and note that the Cityline trains run every 20 mins. (Express is now hourly) Check the timetable as a guide, http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/

There are also minvans at the rear of Mo Chit (where buses arrive) which go to the airport.

3rdly, in your OP you state that your flight is at 9am. However, in post #13 you state "around 10". Which is it? A 9am flight means longer immigration queues esp on the Zone A side near Thai and thus a need to arrive earlier. 10 is better as most of the morning flights have departed by then. Morning immigration patterns are a known and one should plan accordingly. Your needed arrival time determines your transport options.

4th, I noted your reply.

Just let me tell you, I am NOT totally stupid, I am living (all year) since 14 years in Thailand, I am not a kid anymore and NO, your answer was not very helpfull

I actually thought that terts post was very reasonable. Though you are not a kid and have lived in Thailand for 14 yrs you don't seem to know that there is no metro anywhere near the Southern Bus Terminal (query 2 in your OP), you don't know that the BTS starts at 6am as it has for the last 13 yrs and you seem to think that there is a pedestrian link between Mo Chit Bus Terminal and BTS Mo chit;

just checked the map below, so Mo Chit bus station has a link to Skytrain, hope not to far away and in walkable distance,

There IS NOT, and you are in for a rude shock and will miss your flight if you try to walk this distance!

In all honesty when I read your OP I had the impression that you knew very little about the geography of BKK and what mass transit exists in the city - and has existed for over a decade!. Ones pride should not be so thin when asking others for help.

Enjoy your trip :)

No sir, I did not say you are totally stupid.

I lived near Chumpon for 4 years and had no other choice than train or VIP bus to SaiTaiMai.

I never slept well in the train or VIP bus, arriving Five-ish and finding my way to the airport, Don Meuang in those days and having an uncomfortable day.

Therefore I was advising you to fly Thai into Swampy the night before, have a good sleep at a nearby hotel offering free minibus rides, a tad more expensive but 100% relaxing and no partying.

But yes, seems that 556 bus is your ideal solution, not for me thanks, I will fly Thai directly into Swampy later this month around 17h to catch a plane out to Europe around 20h, avoiding Don Mueang transfer all together. I could save 1k baht by busing all day Udon Thani- Mo Chit and finding my way to Swampy, not worth it in my eyes.

Have a nice trip and good sleep in your VIP bus sir.

Unfortunately Sir that was not the question and I am glad we found HELPFULL informations for other people from all around the world which may be are not like you millionaires and go by bus for 1000.-Baht instead of spending 3000.-Baht for a ThaiAirways flight (AirAsia is not really cheaper) PLUS an Airport hotel for another 4000.-Baht You will pay with food, hotel, flight etc etc around 8K ... I do the same for 1000.-Baht and help others to get to know a country by TRAVELLING not by giving the jet setter ;)

The thingi is that ppl like you will never be happy in Swampy land...never tongue.png

@ Mr. Genfer See,

thx for the hints. Like I mentioned before I ASKED FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTS and not Taxi or whatever. This threat here will show up in the internet, every time somebody is searching the net for the words MO CHIT to AIRPORT BKK ...and once I wanted to create a threat with HELPFULL informations for travellers.

Nice you wrote I cant do it walking from bus terminal to BTS, MRT or whatever they call the trains in Bkk....where I do not live, I prefer Phuket and the countryside, I come from a big city and dont need it anymore, but you cant suggest anybody who is living in LoS have to know the public transport system in Bangkok.

Since we are living in the 21st century and there is a lot of Tourism going on in Thailand, I thought the government has arranged a proper public service transportation system even in Bangkok in the meantime....to reach the INTERNATIONAL Airport by bus or train without walking 5km ....

I visited 138 countries so far and I guess I am not to stupid to catch a flight in Thailands capital within 4-5 HOURS time

THANKS

@ Mr. Genfer See,

thx for the hints. Like I mentioned before I ASKED FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTS and not Taxi or whatever. This threat here will show up in the internet, every time somebody is searching the net for the words MO CHIT to AIRPORT BKK ...and once I wanted to create a threat with HELPFULL informations for travellers.

You didn't actually. No where in your first post did you state that. I think that is one of the problems with your query and replies, there is confusing and contradictory info. eg, different times are given for your BKK departure. Initially, you don't seem to know much at all about options and what exisits. Later, you are someone who lived in Thailand for 14 yrs and seem upset at someones generally good advice/suggestion.

Good clear info usually elicites very informative replies. No one is an expert, between the TV community there is enough experience and knowledge to answer almost any query. The most useful threads for future reference are the ones where the OP then posts there experience after the journey so pls do that given that is one of your aims with the threads. (Most often this does not occur).

Nice you wrote I cant do it walking from bus terminal to BTS, MRT or whatever they call the trains in Bkk....where I do not live, I prefer Phuket and the countryside, I come from a big city and dont need it anymore, but you cant suggest anybody who is living in LoS have to know the public transport system in Bangkok.

Had you done a simple search of the threads here - as you state you did - you would have come across this thread, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/533643-suvarnabhumi-to-mo-chit-bus-terminal/?hl=%2Bmo+%2Bchit#entry5167403, where a poster clearly states that is is 2.7km walk from the bus station to the BTS.

No one is suggesting everyone needs to know about public transport in Bangkok. However, you did reply to terts reasonable suggestion in a terse and rude manner thereafter stating how you "have lived in Thailand for 14 yrs" and that you are not a kid.

No matter where in LOS you have lived you must has traveled numerous times through BKK over the years. So imagine the surprise that you display basic ignorance of well known geographic locations and seemingly can't clearly read the two maps you found and posted (The first, the BTSC metro network map you incorrectly summerised meant that there is a link between Mo Chit bus station & the BTS. The 2nd, you called an "excellent map" even though it clearly does not show a bus route along roads on the map).

Ignorance is fine but you did open up the obvious critique once you started playing the 'I have been here a long time card'.

Since we are living in the 21st century and there is a lot of Tourism going on in Thailand, I thought the government has arranged a proper public service transportation system even in Bangkok in the meantime....to reach the INTERNATIONAL Airport by bus or train without walking 5km ....

I visited 138 countries so far and I guess I am not to stupid to catch a flight in Thailands capital within 4-5 HOURS time

THANKS

Well you live in Phuket right? Shall we discuss Phuket's 21st century "proper public service transportation system" for all of the tourists? Where would we start with that one......... ;) Also, having lived in LOS for 14 yrs you must surely know that public transport has been the last priority for successive govts more interested in car based transport but you still seem fine to make assumptions. Actually, much does exist & it works well but the problem is the whole network does not, it will in a decade or so.

Not sure of the relevance of your last sentence and it again perhaps highlights the confusion and contradiction underlying much of your posts and information. The overwhelming majority of people departing Phuket to connect with an international flight from BKK would be doing exactly what you say is stupid. They would be boarding a flight in Phuket 4-6 hrs ahead of there flight from BKK. They would be usually, though not always, flying with the one carrier, or a code share partner, and thus just transiting in BKK. This is the norm of how most people travel.

Yet somehow you thought it was better to bus 12 hrs into BKK and then travel across a city via public transport that you clearly knew nothing about in order to take an international flight from BKK airport! If the motivation was to save a little money then you could have achieved the same result with making an early booking from Phuket weeks ahead. However, your Phuket bus could just as easily be delayed for a number of reasons and thus you miss your flight. An arrival 2 hrs late and you are stuck the other side of BKK with no time to make your flight....

I'm all for adventure travel and roughing it when the journey can be more interesting than the destination but I would humbly suggest most would consider your choice not the wisest in the circumstances.

That being said, may the journey be smooth and the holiday enjoyable.

alll nessesary information was given already mate so calm down, relax and do not forget u are retired or in a kind of holliday here....your post...as far as I am managed to read it.....was boooooooooring and absolutely OFF TOPIC

damn, what is it with this old guys in this country always wanna show who has the bigger dick..... you win wai2.gif

alll nessesary information was given already mate so calm down, relax and do not forget u are retired or in a kind of holliday here....your post...as far as I am managed to read it.....was boooooooooring and absolutely OFF TOPIC

damn, what is it with this old guys in this country always wanna show who has the bigger dick..... you win wai2.gif

To OP

As a matter of fact sir I would like to inform you that member "Lakegeneve" is the best informed member of Thaivisa regarding public transit in Bangkok.

A lack of education is no excuse for insulting other people.

Yermanee

like here http://www.transitbangkok.com/showBestRoute.php?to=Airport+-+Suvarnabhumi+International+Airport&originSelected=true&from=Southern+Bus+Terminal+%28Sai+Thai%29&destinationSelected=false〈=e

AGAIN attention: This so praised site is OUT OF DATE and quite seriously! It is based on maps based by a Japanese some 10-12 yrs ago,.. THis bus 556 does NOT run to swampy since ARL opened!!

I have informed them (also about their idiocy to list DMK with buses named 4 and 13- which were in fact AC 4-13, renumbered as 504 and 513 around 2000!!- and 513 completly withdrawn since about 2006- and they indeed changed their airport info but the fools did NOT change their maps- utter confusing. But thats the way Publ trsp in BKK runs too.On google maps you can now find google transit-for the BMTA routes only-noty (yet??) for many rot ruam= private join buses. But this info is also seriously wrong in many places.

like here http://www.transitbangkok.com/showBestRoute.php?to=Airport+-+Suvarnabhumi+International+Airport&originSelected=true&from=Southern+Bus+Terminal+%28Sai+Thai%29&destinationSelected=false〈=e

AGAIN attention: This so praised site is OUT OF DATE and quite seriously! It is based on maps based by a Japanese some 10-12 yrs ago,.. THis bus 556 does NOT run to swampy since ARL opened!!

I have informed them (also about their idiocy to list DMK with buses named 4 and 13- which were in fact AC 4-13, renumbered as 504 and 513 around 2000!!- and 513 completly withdrawn since about 2006- and they indeed changed their airport info but the fools did NOT change their maps- utter confusing. But thats the way Publ trsp in BKK runs too.On google maps you can now find google transit-for the BMTA routes only-noty (yet??) for many rot ruam= private join buses. But this info is also seriously wrong in many places.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Shall amend my recommendations in future.