Petkasem Road

nellyp

I am going to college in Bangkok in March-May and am considering staying on Petkasem Road. Does anybody know if the traffic is really bad. I will be riding a motorbike so can can in and out of traffic. I will be going off Petkasem before the Mall as I am heading towards Borommaratchonnani road as the college is in Thawi Whatana area. Any advice would be great

Phetkasem is terrible for traffic, i'd think about Pin klao and drive in on the 338 Boromaratchonani Road to Thawi Wattana / Salaya area

I stayed in Bang Plad last time and traveled on that road to college. It took me about 25 minutes. I will only be on Phet kasem road for about 5 Kilometers, and will be on a motorbike so was hoping that would cut down on being stationary in the traffic. Do you know what the traffic would be like on the kanchanaphisek road? i would imagine it would be the same, but am not sure. I would be on this road for about 9km. On google maps there is also a small road that runs parallel to the kanchanaphisek (AH2) road which I think would be quieter.

Petkasem is the worst road in Bangkok , in my opinion, and to be avoided at all costs. If you must you can take any of the Phuttamonthon Sai roads, If going west Phuttamonthon Sai1 would get you off Petkasem quickest and onto Borrom....Sai 1 is quite quiet Further west Sai 4 goes to Thawi Wattana right past the big wat/park.

Thanon Thawi Wattana, opposite petkasem 69, is a diagonal road next to the klong. Have never ridden it but it might be quieter now all the Phuttamonthon Sai roads have been completed.

if you are going to Madihol then Thanon Thawi Wattana will take you to opposite the main entrance and would be my choice and Phuttamonthon Sai 4 goes right by the door but will have more traffic but is a dual carriageway/divided hwy.

If going to Rajamangala then you need Sai 5

Edited by VocalNeal

Petkasem is the worst road in Bangkok , in my opinion, and to be avoided at all costs. If you must you can take any of the Phuttamonthon Sai roads, If going west Phuttamonthon Sai1 would get you off Petkasem quickest and onto Borrom....Sai 1 is quite quiet Further west Sai 4 goes to Thawi Wattana right past the big wat/park.

Thanon Thawi Wattana, opposite petkasem 69, is a diagonal road next to the klong. Have never ridden it but it might be quieter now all the Phuttamonthon Sai roads have been completed.

if you are going to Madihol then Thanon Thawi Wattana will take you to opposite the main entrance and would be my choice and Phuttamonthon Sai 4 goes right by the door but will have more traffic but is a dual carriageway/divided hwy.

If going to Rajamangala then you need Sai 5

Cheers for this I'm actually going to a college called Thongsook (Thongsuk). I was hoping that being on a bike would make my life a bit easier. My intension was to get onto one of the sois ASAP as 2 of them go all the way up to Borrom... it's quiet from there

I live in the Thaveewattana Rd.

I didn't know that the Petkasem Road is a Road, I thought it is a long parking place.....

With the motorbike it is no problem to go fluid on the Petkasem road, but I would recommend a good insurance....

Thaveewattana Rd is usually OK...

I live in the Thaveewattana Rd.

I didn't know that the Petkasem Road is a Road, I thought it is a long parking place.....

With the motorbike it is no problem to go fluid on the Petkasem road, but I would recommend a good insurance....

Thaveewattana Rd is usually OK...

I drove the road today in my pickup. Not a good place to do U-turns, looks Ok for the bike though. Thanks for the advice

and not the explanation-that noone of above seemed needed to provide:Due to current MRT building works, in both directions of Phekt BETWEEN WONGWIEN YAI/TA PRA and MALL Bang Khae, former 3 lanes are reduced to 2. Plus the Markets and the encrouching vendors, all the buses/songhthaews, parking etc. for shops, make it effectively 1. Various buslines having to crawl thrugh have serious extended trabveltimes and busstaff are running away, so nthat even less buses can go.

There are no real shortcuts between this section and Borom--rd, except for partly sai 1, which is not really a good through road-you are better off using the Kanchanapisek ring.

ANy specific reason to have to stay along PhketK? Suggest the Pinklao area- PATA or some further along the Central/Tesco for easier commutes

and not the explanation-that noone of above seemed needed to provide:Due to current MRT building works, in both directions of Phekt BETWEEN WONGWIEN YAI/TA PRA and MALL Bang Khae, former 3 lanes are reduced to 2. Plus the Markets and the encrouching vendors, all the buses/songhthaews, parking etc. for shops, make it effectively 1. Various buslines having to crawl thrugh have serious extended trabveltimes and busstaff are running away, so nthat even less buses can go.

There are no real shortcuts between this section and Borom--rd, except for partly sai 1, which is not really a good through road-you are better off using the Kanchanapisek ring.

ANy specific reason to have to stay along PhketK? Suggest the Pinklao area- PATA or some further along the Central/Tesco for easier commutes

Cheers mate. I chose this because the place I want to stay has a garden for the kids and we can go swimming at the mall. It turns out I have been lucky to miss the road works. I am staying opposite channel 3, so I go round the u-turn go 4 km in between traffic and have a 10km straight run (not busy) up Sai 2 it comes out behind my college. Happy days thanks everybody for your help.