2013 Pattaya Songkran Faq

JSixpack

I came to Pattaya to experience Songkran here. However, I suspect I will regret it. I plan to leave on the 16th, so hopefully I can make it out okay.

However, today, April 11, I've already seen idiots (male and female) on Beach road spraying people around 9:30pm. It sounded like they had eastern European accents when they yelled "Songkran" then spraying people. They got an ear full from some Russians that were not amused. They also got a somewhat full can thrown at them, but it didn't make contact.

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to take an early afternoon taxi from Soi 13 on the 16th?

I have set up a public Google Map so that anyone who spots this early activity can mark it and help warn others. If you don't know how to add placemarks in Google Maps just post your observation here and I'll add it. The more you describe the better - precise location (i.e. where on Beach road), how bad (complete all-out water-war or just a kid with a toy-shooter).

Link to Pattaya Songkran 2013 Activity Map (Google Maps)

Just tried to edit the map but I cannot see the edit button anywhere.

Let's also include road blocks?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came to Pattaya to experience Songkran here. However, I suspect I will regret it. I plan to leave on the 16th, so hopefully I can make it out okay.

However, today, April 11, I've already seen idiots (male and female) on Beach road spraying people around 9:30pm. It sounded like they had eastern European accents when they yelled "Songkran" then spraying people. They got an ear full from some Russians that were not amused. They also got a somewhat full can thrown at them, but it didn't make contact.

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to take an early afternoon taxi from Soi 13 on the 16th?

I have set up a public Google Map so that anyone who spots this early activity can mark it and help warn others. If you don't know how to add placemarks in Google Maps just post your observation here and I'll add it. The more you describe the better - precise location (i.e. where on Beach road), how bad (complete all-out water-war or just a kid with a toy-shooter).

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you need to be logged in to the Google system to edit the map, then you should see a big red button

post-1539-0-35155400-1366000882_thumb.pn

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you need to be logged in to the Google system to edit the map, then you should see a big red button

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

ouch....that is on another google chrome instance...

Maybe it could be worse.

Please nobody tell TAT about this. Imagine this idea transformed by Thai enthusiasm.w00t.gif

Why only ONE night? How about EIGHT days and nights? Fireballs thrown at baht buses? Bring it on!

(Annual FIREBALL throwing festival in El Salvador. Book your flights now!)

Edited by Jingthing

I think the only sensible thing to do regarding these stupid people firing cannon at motor bikes is , to belt the idiots round the head with a base ball bat until they look like the people that have been knocked of there bikes because of these Feken brain dead <deleted>

I read from the internet that a gogo bars are open, but probably more than half of the girls are back home for Songkran. Anyone been to one lately? What about the situation on walking street, how is it like?

I was in Fahrenheit / New Star / Naughty Girls last week - 3 Customers in the first Bar - 10 Shufflers / No Customers in the Second bar - No Dancers / No Customers and No Dancers in the last Bar ( Time was about 11-00 at night.)

Time to unpin the topic until next year when hopefully we will all be here to do it again. smile.png

And a big thanks to JSixpack for taking the time and trouble to prepare this FAQ topic clap2.gif

Will make minor revisions for 2014 based on useful feedback in this thread and the It's Started thread. I may hole up next year rather than leaving. I think the FAQ did end this year most of the usual trolling we usually have on the topic, so I count that as a victory. :)

• Like 2