Dutchman Beaten By Thai Teens For No Apparent Reason

webfact

Dutchman beaten for no apparent reason in Pathum Thani
By Coconuts Bangkok

Screen-Shot-2556-03-18-at-9.46.49-AM-578
Dijk Nicolaas

PATHUM THANI: -- Late last night, a group of Thai teens attacked an intoxicated, 48-year-old Dutchman in front of an Internet café near Manhattan Hotel in Pathum Thani.

The teens, who launched their attack for no apparent reason, fled the scene soon afterwards.

Dijk Nicolaas was walking toward the other end of Soi Manhattan Hotel when six teens pulled up in front of him on motorcycles and began to beat him.

Khlong Luang police said that bruises and cuts were found all over Dijk’s body.

Full story: http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/dutchman-beaten-for-no-apparent-reason-in-pathum-thani/

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-03-18

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathumtani is usually quiet I have been living here for 20 years .... Thai teens dont fight without reason , either he did or said something wrong as apparently he was intoxicated. sometime those teen group don't need much to start a fight.

There is more to this story , I dont believe teenagers just start beating a foreigner without a reason.

He must have done something wrong in the past....

You mean, like in a previous life, tam mai dee, dai mai dee ?

• Like 2

Khlong Luang police said that bruises and cuts were found all over Dijk’s body.

Unless this guy was just to drunk to stand, I suspect the teens have a few bruises and cuts of there own.

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

There is more to this story , I dont believe teenagers just start beating a foreigner without a reason.

HeavyDrinker here it is !!!!! :-)

HeavyDrinker

I'm waiting for the usual suspects to say:

'well he looks like a..."

"He must be a..."

"He must have done...."

Etc...

It's hard being right all the time...

• Like 1

One post discussing moderation has been removed, please see the following rule:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

• Like 1

He looks big for sure but if drunk your at a disadvantage, also many against one.. not good odds. I wonder what the reason is, if he says he did not provoce it and that is true then i really wonder why. Though we have random violence back home in the Netherlands.

As to Jurgen fun to see anti Dutch sentiment havent seen it before a new thing.

On this picture he (Nicolaas Dijk) doen's look that big:

http://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/191188

The name is Nicolaas Dijk

Edited by FritsSikkink

yes I have doubts on the "no reason". But who knows.....
  • Like 2

there doesnt have to be a reason for a lone person/farang to be beaten up especailly in a poor/poverty stricken area like phatum thani where you have increases in teen gangs and drugs etc could be their way of having fun or initiation process for being in a gang etc,

these things dont need any provocation when just youre at the wrong place at the wrong time as richard smith237 above mentions

And 'wrong place / wrong time' could be any country in the world.

There are dozens of cities in the so called 'fully developed first world' where there is the constant threat of bashing, mugging, bag snatching etc.

• Like 2