Dutchman Beaten By Thai Teens For No Apparent Reason

webfact

These tough guys won't do owt unless they have a handful of girls with them. Anyway, Isn't it about time for a '6 farangs beat crap out of ONE Thai' thread?

Count me in.......

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are just to many foreigners that need to be taught some respect

God please tell me you are not a teacher in this country. Since when is 'respect' best taught with a face beating? But let me go with your silly story. Even if the guy was disrespectful, do you think he learned to be more respectful with a beating? No. He learned to be more careful. Careful and respectful are vastly different. So now he has no respect, but doesn't say anything. Great.

Which leads to my next question. Who is your father? Is this how YOU were taught respect, by getting your face kicked in by him?

You don't teach anyone respect, it has to be earned.

There is more to this story , I dont believe teenagers just start beating a foreigner without a reason.

He must have done something wrong in the past....

I agree. He did something before and then the teens worked a methodical stake out. Knew his path patterns and waited for revenge. Looks like they got it. And to presuppose this guy (image) didn't fight back? Right. He fought back but got his tail handed to him on a plate. Or in a bowl.

Thank you Mr. Holmes,case closed.

There is more to this story , I dont believe teenagers just start beating a foreigner without a reason.

He must have done something wrong in the past....

i am not saying you are right or wrong , but i have witness teenagers trying to start fights with tourists in phuket on many occasions . they seem to have to prove themselves , maybe they are jealous of westerners , or just out for fun .but , even if he did do something and was drunk , does this mean 6 people have to beat him?

First of all; his name's probably Nicolaas Dijk, rather than the other way 'round.
Secondly, just looking at the physique of this chap; I doubt very much that he was set upon by these teens "for no reason";
this Dutchman looks like he may well have given these Thai kids some 'culturally insensitive' lip - which would be a motive for their sudden anger.
This is precisely the reason I left The Netherlands when I was 20; too many arrogant Dutchmen there IMHO.
I, for one, would be very interested to hear the story from the kids point of view.

"This Dutchman looks like he may well have given these Thai kids some culturally insensitive lip". You can deduce this just from a photo of the victim being given medical treatment?

• Like 1

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh sure....

OP says something about a farang, beaten by six thais. farang was intoxicated (eg drunk out of his eyeballs) and the attack was unprovoked. That is IT!

But we are on TV, so....

He was drunk, has tattoos and is a farang. He must have done something, been disrespectful, because the angelic Thais, who all live after Buddhas- teachings would NEVER in a million years attack someone unprovoked.

And by the way: this could have happened anywhere!

Jeeeeeeeezus!

Are these types of attacks getting more common??? Maybe there is some sort of anti farang ground swell among Thai teens... :-(

He does look like a bit of a scrapper, am surprised that there was not one or two teens laying next to him when the police showed up. Or maybe he bought into the Thai brainwashing of never fighting back, and how important it is to have a cool heart in Thailand.

There has been an anti farang movement in Thailand for eons.

If farang didn't have money they wouldn't be welcome at all....

It's interesting to see that some of my fellow Dutch get somewhat heated. Must be the Thai summer time :-)

Let's hope that Songkran festival will provide the needed water cooling. Thailand seems to be to hot for air cooling to work.

But at least the government has assured us that most likely there will be no problem with electricity. Supply will be as 'normal' (for the time of the year) which no doubt will fill those upcountry with gratitudewink.png

Edited by rubl

Lets not lose sight of the fact that anyone who turns up in the hands of the authorities having come a resounding second place in a street fight....absolutely NEVER did anything to provoke it nor was in anyway a willing participant in the fight (usually though the grandiose tales to their pals are at diametric odds to this BS ;))

It's interesting to see that some of my fellow Dutch get somewhat heated. Must be the Thai summer time :-)

Let's hope that Songkran festival will provide the needed water cooling. Thailand seems to be to hot for air cooling to work.

But at least the government has assured us that most likely there will be no problem with electricity. Supply will be as 'normal' (for the time of the year) which no doubt will fill those upcountry with gratitudewink.png

After YL told that i bought a generator biggrin.png Last time she said no flooding.. guess what.

Anyway I am cool enough even though i am in shape I don't start fights or give lip to Thais. I just don't like assumptions just based on looks.

• Like 1

These tough guys won't do owt unless they have a handful of girls with them. Anyway, Isn't it about time for a '6 farangs beat crap out of ONE Thai' thread?

That would not happen, it would end up thirty Thais against six Farang.

• Like 1

First of all; his name's probably Nicolaas Dijk, rather than the other way 'round.
Secondly, just looking at the physique of this chap; I doubt very much that he was set upon by these teens "for no reason";
this Dutchman looks like he may well have given these Thai kids some 'culturally insensitive' lip - which would be a motive for their sudden anger.
This is precisely the reason I left The Netherlands when I was 20; too many arrogant Dutchmen there IMHO.
I, for one, would be very interested to hear the story from the kids point of view.

"This Dutchman looks like he may well have given these Thai kids some culturally insensitive lip". You can deduce this just from a photo of the victim being given medical treatment?

You should be on the stage.

I don't get it. Thai teenagers are so nice. Why would they do this? Are they sure they are really Thai? Maybe they were Burmese or Cambodians. God knows those people have been evil since the dawn of time. Just watch any Thai historical epic and see for yourself.

Tell that to my gf who was waiting for a bus at mochit station All of a sudden everyone was running away she was a bit late and saw teenagers chasing an other teenager .. he got into a taxi.. the taxi got damaged a gun was fired .. police did not come till much later. All the other teenager had done was going to a different school as them.

I can tell you gf was scared and all of the other bystanders too... everyone left running.. we are talking a group of teens chasing and beating rivals.

had a good friend of mine who served two tours in Vietnam. He told me if you are up against one guy, just stick to Queensberry rules for fighting.

If six guys are coming at you, you are now in a fight for your life. So act accordingly. Hint.....no rules,where teeth make a great weapon, and an eye gouge takes the fight right out of a attacker..

That's a ridiculous suggestion. He got off with a beating and survives. If he was using the methods you suggest he may have been killed.... that's apart from the fact he was drunk and wouldn't have had a chance against 6 young Thais no matter what he could have done.
He was lucky to survive , other farangs have not been so lucky. So you would leave it up to the Thai gang to decide when to stop putting the boot to you as you are laying on the ground ??

had a good friend of mine who served two tours in Vietnam. He told me if you are up against one guy, just stick to Queensberry rules for fighting.

If six guys are coming at you, you are now in a fight for your life. So act accordingly. Hint.....no rules,where teeth make a great weapon, and an eye gouge takes the fight right out of a attacker..

That's a ridiculous suggestion. He got off with a beating and survives. If he was using the methods you suggest he may have been killed.... that's apart from the fact he was drunk and wouldn't have had a chance against 6 young Thais no matter what he could have done.
He was lucky to survive , other farangs have not been so lucky. So you would leave it up to the Thai gang to decide when to stop putting the boot to you as you are laying on the ground ??

Your life and your choice if you ever get into a situation like that. I do know that I would not go for the most damaging attack as you might end up in jail. You can argue i might end up dead.. also true.. Everyone has to make his / her choices at that moment, i do know that there have been enough accidental deaths during a fight and i would not want to kill someone by accident in this country. (end up in jail here)

Anyway i havent been in a fight since my teens and prefer it to stay that way.

Well this happends every day in Europe, gangs on the streets going to beat somebody up for no reason. Cowards alone but with the group they are so tuff,they think. Not much news value in this. To bad for the dutchman for being on the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thai teens dont fight without reason , either he did or said something wrong as apparently he was intoxicated.

Of course the Farang must have done something weong. As you said "Thai teens don't fight without reason". Yes, he was intoxicated and a Farang so this nice mob of 6 teenagers had the opportunity to beat the crap out of him.

"Thai teens don't fight without a reason", really, you should get out more.

• Like 1

Post #1 said it all.

I enjoyed reading the speculation - there must be a lot of script writers on TV.

However, the answers are simple:

Don't wander about at night alone and drunk, be with a bunch of mates.

Remember:
He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.

I thank you wai2.gif

Good point I am done talking with you people.

Go
get them! Hang em high! Oh wait you, can't... the best you can do is write on Thai visa how Thai are brutal people and will only fight in groups... because noble farang will start have a gentleman-fight by slapping their opponent in the face with a white glove.

or

Must be the farang who started this! Noble Thai's never start a fight, or do any random act of violence unless they are Muslim, drunk or happen to see a kid from the "enemy" vocational school.

Face the fact the humans are violent. The world is a scary and an unfair place. Now thank the lord
for what you got and that it wasn't you that got jumped by 6 thai kids. In this case the truth is yet to be disclosed. But whether it's case one or case two all it's going to do is reinforce those beliefs you all already established from your armchair warrior view of the world.

Edited by RuskiCat
  • Like 2

They probably thought it was a fair fight.... 6 against 1.

All this talk about bored teenagers and gangs attacking an individual seems to be projecting western thinking on Thais. European football hooligans traveling about causing pointless mayhem and the senseless gang mentality of the sort described is more a British or American phenomenon.

Beginning in at least the 1960s, the UK had a reputation worldwide for football hooliganism; the phenomenon was often dubbed the English Disease. However, since the 1980s and well into the 1990s the UK government has led a widescale crackdown on football related violence. ...reports of British football hooliganism still surface, the instances now tend to occur at pre-arranged locations rather than at the matches themselves.

A man had his face smashed in by a racist gang after he confronted them for throwing snowballs.

The 33-year-old man had been out walking with his wife when the youths aimed snowballs at the couple.

He asked them to stop, said police, but they started racially abusing him before repeatedly battering the man.

The man is in hospital with broken bones in his face following the attack around 2.30pm today.

Kent Police said he had been walking with his wife, 33, in Sheepfold Lane, Park Farm, Ashford, when the unprovoked attack happened.

He is awaiting facial surgery and police have today appealed for witnesses.

Four teenage boys aged between 16 and 17 have been arrested.

The victim's wife was also injured in the attack, but has since been discharged from hospital.

A deaf man in North Carolina, communicating to a friend via sign language, was stabbed multiple times after he was mistaken for flashing gang signs, police said.

Terrance Ervin Daniels, 45, was brutally attacked "in the upper body" with a kitchen knife on Jan. 9 in Burlington, N.C., while he and another deaf friend were signing to each other while walking down the street.

Not unusual here and certainly not what one would call an isolated incident, however, it would be far more news worthy to read that one Thai attacked a group of Farangs. As per normal there is simply such a lack of detail that it is neigh on impossible to make any rational conclusion.

Go

get them! Hang em high! Oh wait you, can't... the best you can do is write on Thai visa how Thai are brutal people and will only fight in groups... because noble farang will start have a gentleman-fight by slapping their opponent in the face with a white glove.

or

Must be the farang who started this! Noble Thai's never start a fight, or do any random act of violence unless they are Muslim, drunk or happen to see a kid from the "enemy" vocational school.

Face the fact the humans are violent. The world is a scary and an unfair place. Now thank the lord

for what you got and that it wasn't you that got jumped by 6 thai kids. In this case the truth is yet to be disclosed. But whether it's case one or case two all it's going to do is reinforce those beliefs you all already established from your armchair warrior view of the world.

"...it's going to do is reinforce those beliefs you all already established from your armchair warrior view of the world."

As we all bravely confront the villains from the safety of the anonymity of a Nom de Message Board.

Go

or

Foreigners are certainly not always angels there is enough scum around that is for sure. But 6 on 1 does point a bit into the direction of the Thais in this case. He might have said something but in general that does not justify a beating. I doubt the guy was so stupid to attack 6 Thais, so its fair to say most of the blame is on the Thais. It is of course not sure if this guy was totally without blame he could have done some bad things too.

The thread right under this one is about buying self protection. Maybe always travel in groups and half drunk 3 on a motorcycle with no helmet or license, smoking and texting and they might mistake you for one of their own.

Or carry a concealed weapon of mass destruction like a can of mace. That should scare away 6 crazy attackers.

• Like 1

RuskiCat I'm curious what type of comments on this thread would you approve of?

"Better not comment on this one until all the facts are known, probably never".

It makes the whole discussion thing kind of pointless if we can't make some likely assumptions about news items.

Impossible to know the motive, could be girl related, racist/hate, drugs, boredom. I do know for sure that I'd much, much rather walk past a group of 6 Thai teens late at night than a group of US ghetto negroes or arab illiterates in Europe.

As another poster wrote, considering that westerners come to Thailand with lots of money and literally xxxx their girl plus many acting badly, I am positively surprised there isn't more animosity and groups of young poor men making trouble.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity!