Ex-Girlfriend A Suspect In Fatal Bangkok Blast

webfact

Ex-girlfriend a suspect in fatal blast
Khanathit Srihirundaj
The Nation

30202238-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police are trying to determine if the ex-girlfriend of a man, killed in an explosion in Bangkok yesterday morning, was behind the fatal attack.

The victim, Wanchai Noomdee, broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago after he met a new lady at the Ua Arthon Lat Krabang 2 housing project.

He was threatened when he sought to break up. Then, on February 15, he was beaten up on his way to work.

Jarakhe Noi police chief Colonel Paponpat Tangjitjarupat said he would summon the victim's ex-girlfriend as well as his new lady's former partner for questioning.

Wanchai's new girlfriend said the couple noticed a plastic bag near a rear wheel of their pickup while they were preparing to leave the housing estate for work. The bag appeared to contain something, which was later thought to be a hand grenade.

"The safety pin may have already been removed when the bag was put there," a policeman said.

Seconds after Wanchai removed the bag, a blast erupted causing him critical injuries.

Wanchai, an employee of King Power, died on his way to hospital.

The police investigation has not yet ruled out Wanchai's quarrel with neighbours over parking spaces as a possible motive, but Paponpat said the parking-space quarrel seemed too trivial to spur a murder.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-19

Just as a matter of interest are there no slander or libel laws in Thailand?? News articles seem to give a lot of information and details, and mostly speculate on circumstances. In this case naming ex partners, but if they have absolutely nothing to do with it can they take a case against the paper for naming them and wrongfully accusing them?? Or is the fact the police say 'we think it was an ex-partner' give the paper immunity to go ahead and name the person??

• Like 2

neighbour: hey you just parked in my space!

Dead guy: Xxxx off, first come first served.

From A conversation similar to this you can be suspected of planting a grenade next to someones car??? Amazing Thailand never fails to deliver, even after 10 years of being here.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Just as an aside, the use of security personnel at hotels and govt buildings passing mirrors under cars is a total waste of time. The C4 fits nicely into the door panels. Such a stupid waste of time but I guess it employs some guys with a uniform and a whistle. They have been watching too many Hollywood movies. Also the speculation on a grenade, the pin already having been drawn and then the perp walks, and this guy has the time to investigate and then get blown? The journo's obviously know nothing about ordnance.

Just as a matter of interest are there no slander or libel laws in Thailand?? News articles seem to give a lot of information and details, and mostly speculate on circumstances. In this case naming ex partners, but if they have absolutely nothing to do with it can they take a case against the paper for naming them and wrongfully accusing them?? Or is the fact the police say 'we think it was an ex-partner' give the paper immunity to go ahead and name the person??

Since investigative journalism is always trumped by speculative journalism in LOS, the Nation reporter is probably just quoting the cops.

Sue the cops for slander? Seriously?

King Power !!!
One of the most corrupt companbies in the country !
How much did they pay, or does pay to keep everybody else out of the airports ?

So they can charge their fantastic prices, all "tax free" products in the airport can be bought cheaper at any supermarket in Thailand !

Maybe a business conflict !

King Power !!!

So they can charge their fantastic prices, all "tax free" products in the airport can be bought cheaper at any supermarket in Thailand !

cheesy.gif Oh jeeeeeeez!

Very sad and unnecessary. I've only had 2 girlfriends here and the first break up did not go well. I was quite shocked at how crazy she turned out to be from the sweet girl I first met. Threatening to kill herself, kill me, destroy my life, etc. Even now, years after we finished, I still get a cold stare on the very rare occasion I see her.

When I've told friends about this, they all have, or know someone with similar stories.

Actually, your circumstance is quite typical except you over looked one thing. Your second girlfriend will do the same under the same conditions.

Very sad and unnecessary. I've only had 2 girlfriends here and the first break up did not go well. I was quite shocked at how crazy she turned out to be from the sweet girl I first met. Threatening to kill herself, kill me, destroy my life, etc. Even now, years after we finished, I still get a cold stare on the very rare occasion I see her.

When I've told friends about this, they all have, or know someone with similar stories.

Actually, your circumstance is quite typical except you over looked one thing. Your second girlfriend will do the same under the same conditions.

And the third and the fourth...........

Just as an aside, the use of security personnel at hotels and govt buildings passing mirrors under cars is a total waste of time. The C4 fits nicely into the door panels. Such a stupid waste of time but I guess it employs some guys with a uniform and a whistle. They have been watching too many Hollywood movies. Also the speculation on a grenade, the pin already having been drawn and then the perp walks, and this guy has the time to investigate and then get blown? The journo's obviously know nothing about ordnance.

Great to see the ex-members of the SAS contributing to this thread

Great to see the ex-members of the SAS contributing to this thread

Yeh right, especially as he knows a lot about ordnance!

King Power !!!

How is this relevant to the report of a man being killed?

• Like 2

Thai women do not take break ups well. In my limited experience I find it better to make them break up with you. Turn into a person she hates and let her abandon ship first will minimize the conflict. It takes a few weeks/months depending on how long you have been together but is worth the time.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same about the pin but could they have pulled the pin and jammed the grenade under the wheel so that when it was pulled out it went off? I know nothing about grenades but it's just a thought.

I like the comment that a parking dispute wasn't serious enough for this to happen. It suggests that splitting with someone is so serious that this action is a possible reason.

On the subject of mirrors and security I had to go to a a place where they produce garments and the vehicle was searched with a mirror. The vehicle was a Toyota Hiace with four of us so plenty of room for explosives inside which wasn't checked.

Edited by kimamey

They haven't libeled anyone. They have only said who they are planning to question, and why. In the UK, rape suspects are named even if innocent. They are all over the newspapers, and then their lives can be ruined, even if they are innocent. It's shocking in any country that suspects are named this way. They should remain anonymous, and only named if found guilty.

• Like 2

My first serious girlfriend went bananas when she mistakenly thought that I was going back on a commitment that I made to her. Her fury was such that I didn't make any attempt to win her back. Three weeks later she cajoled a friend to intercede by e-mail on her behalf and to let me know how sorry she was. I responded that I had already replaced her. Sorry sweetheart, viragos are not my scene. I understand that it is fairly common for ex's to seemingly try to get back but what they are really doing is to check whether you are upset or not. I don't run for buses. I know that another one will be along real soon. One door closes, another one opens.,

My first serious girlfriend went bananas when she mistakenly thought that I was going back on a commitment that I made to her. Her fury was such that I didn't make any attempt to win her back. Three weeks later she cajoled a friend to intercede by e-mail on her behalf and to let me know how sorry she was. I responded that I had already replaced her. Sorry sweetheart, viragos are not my scene. I understand that it is fairly common for ex's to seemingly try to get back but what they are really doing is to check whether you are upset or not. I don't run for buses. I know that another one will be along real soon. One door closes, another one opens.,

As they say back in Kentucky about squirrels, the woods is full of them.

Edited by Pimay1

As they say back in Kentucky about squirrels, the woods is full of them.

Makes me wonder how serious it was. If it wasn't then as you say there's many more.