Need To Extend A 60 +30 Day Visa 5 More Days

I'm at a friends hotel. Theres a customer there with a visa issue.

His 60 day tourist visa is about to expire, with no re-entries

but he wants to stay 35 additional days.

I told him there were at least 3 options

1) do a visa run and get an additional tourist visa (overnight run across the border of his choice)

2) pay the 1900 baht for a 30 day extension and overstay 5 days at 500 baht a day (is that what the overstay charge is?)

and i recall an additional option of an emergency extension of 1 week for various reasons so the option 3 would be

3) pay the 1900 baht for a 30 day, and pay (tbd) for an emergency extension of one week.

So my question is, are the options i laid out correct?

and can someone clarify the process of getting an emergency extension of one week?

Basically that is it. But crossing a border requires visiting a city with a Thai Consulate and submitting application in morning and picking up next workday afternoon (and in case of Cambodia about a 4 day total stay as not provided next workday). Best to extend 30 days and then can apply for another extension which will not be approved but will allow 7 days to leave. But if person would like to travel and visit somewhere getting a new visa for 60 days stay - or spending 5 days outside Thailand and returning by air for a 30 day entry are possible.

• Like 1

Basically that is it. But crossing a border requires visiting a city with a Thai Consulate and submitting application in morning and picking up next workday afternoon (and in case of Cambodia about a 4 day total stay as not provided next workday). Best to extend 30 days and then can apply for another extension which will not be approved but will allow 7 days to leave. But if person would like to travel and visit somewhere getting a new visa for 60 days stay - or spending 5 days outside Thailand and returning by air for a 30 day entry are possible.

Be aware that the extra 7 days is not always given without a good reason.

Some immigration officers require proof for the need of the extra 7 days.

• Like 1

yep the message has been relayed. I told him, he'll need 1900baht for the 30, and an additional 1900baht for the 7.

if he does not get that he can try to prepay 7 days of overstay at 500baht/day.

He'll also need a ticket to get the prepaid overstay or the 7 day extension.

He's off to the immigration office in Rayong today. we'll see how it goes.

Thanks guys. you've been a great help! :)

Best to extend 30 days and then can apply for another extension which will not be approved but will allow 7 days to leave.

I'd not thought about the '7 days to leave' after getting a 30 day extension. What would happen if you went back 6 days later and asked for another 7 days?