Help! Dentist!

ThailandNeil

Suk. Soi 19 on the left just past 7-11.

Emergency extraction needed. Painlessly done and he only charged me 1000 baht. It was about three years ago.

Hardly inexpensive, the going rate for an extraction is 500 baht.

OP go to On Nut, right opposite the enterance to Big C as you look across the road you will see two dentists, go to the one on the LH side, if that one is busy, come out of Big C and turn right as if to walk down soi 77, go to the first row of shophouses on your RH side, use the dentist there.

Dental Hospital on Chaturit Rd just before the Suan Pakkuad Meuseum . Don't know if it is the cheapest but they are okay. It always depends on the dentist rather than the place they work in .

Smile Dentist on Asoke(not Ploenchit) is good and reasonable. 02-664-2800.

I've gone to cheap dentists before such as the clinic at Srinakarinwirot on Asoke. An older lady dentist refused to give me adequate anesthetic, basically stood on my lap for 10 minutes twisting and turning at my tooth while I was grimmacing in pain. It was cheap but was one of the most painful dental experiences I've ever had. Never again!

Thanks for the advice guys.

Here's what happened...

Before I posted I went to the BIDC (Bangkok International dental centre). They were very clean, hi tech etc. However when the check up was completed I was informed that I needed 2 fillings, a root canal and a crown. I have never needed any work on the root canal tooth, not even a filling. I had my last checkup 6 months ago so a root canal really? I looked on the xray too and debated with the dentist whether the cavity reached the nerves.

So I got a quote (34000baht!) And booked for a week ahead.

Then I posted on here and went to one in Thong lo who could fit me in next day for a second opinion.

They were excellent (Bangkok Dental Team) and said I only needed 3 fillings (4000baht!). They did them on the spot too.

Phew....

Be very careful with the cheap ones, they do not give anesthetics. Took my girlfriend to a place near Ratburana, but endedup in a mess. No anesthetic , had to get a prescription from the ignorant dentist (they assured she was not trained in the Philippines but in Thailand !) to buy morphine painkillers from Bangkok international hospital. Ended up costing a fortune !!!

• Like 1

Anyone had a similar experience?

Yes Neil I had exactly the same experience. I was told root canal and crown with similar pricing by 2 dentists. I didn't listen and went for the 2000 baht filling. not to worry as it last about a year and the pain came in force. Knew then they were right. Went back I did my 30K root canal. crown coming soon. total price 30K. so beware that could be the case with u. pronlonging the inevitable