Recepient Cost For Money Transfer

I want to send US$ to Thailand. I have done this many times in the past and always send " All cost for sender ". Anyway when the money arrives in Thailand I get charged 500 Baht + something like 20 baht per hundred thousand or so.

Now my European bank informs me that if I send it that way there is an additional cost, on top of the normal transfer costs, of 36,30 Euro. So I may consider to make the transfer costs shared between sender and receiver.

What I don't know of course is what the cost is in Thailand in that case.

Anyone any info regarding. Money is to be sent to Kasikorn bank and arrives in $ and deposited in Thai Baht.

If you seach for postings withmy nickname as author in this area, I have detailed all the Kasikorn receiving charges in detail.

Kasikorn call center can also tell these to you, in english, at anytime.

I think that if you send the wire as SHA (Shared), that will make it worst, but that's just my unproved opinion.

Edited by paz

If you seach for postings withmy nickname as author in this area, I have detailed all the Kasikorn receiving charges in detail.

Kasikorn call center can also tell these to you, in english, at anytime.

I think that if you send the wire as SHA (Shared), that will make it worst, but that's just my unproved opinion.

Thanks for that I will have a look at your past posts.

Edit : had a look at your post, but it actually mentions the costs as I described in tha OP and a mysterious 15$ disapearance.

I will have a talk with the headoffice tomorrow.

Edited by jbrain

What have you been charged in the past ? (i.e. on a remitter pays all charges basis).

As I wrote in the OP, a fixed cost of 500 Baht + 10 or 20 baht per 100.000 Baht received. Can't give precise numbers as it is many years already that I brought in money.

What have you been charged in the past ? (i.e. on a remitter pays all charges basis).

As I wrote in the OP, a fixed cost of 500 Baht + 10 or 20 baht per 100.000 Baht received. Can't give precise numbers as it is many years already that I brought in money.

The only cost on incoming transfers at Bkk Bank is 0.25%, with a minimum of 200 Baht and a max. of 500 Baht.

So any transfer of 200,000 Baht or more is chatged 500 Baht.

The only cost on incoming transfers at Bkk Bank is 0.25%, with a minimum of 200 Baht and a max. of 500 Baht.

That is true for accounts based in bangkok. Accounts based elsewhere incour additional fees as I detailed in a previous posting, or that KBank can explain to you with a simple phone call.

That is true for accounts based in bangkok. Accounts based elsewhere incour additional fees as I detailed in a previous posting, or that KBank can explain to you with a simple phone call.

Kasikorn has a particular swiftcode for many branches in Thailand.

http://www.theswiftcodes.com/thailand/

They have one for Chonburi and even one for Laem Chabang. I'm curious if I would open an account in Laem Chabang and use that particular swiftcode if I would avoid the internal transfer fee.

They have one for Chonburi and even one for Laem Chabang. I'm curious if I would open an account in Laem Chabang and use that particular swiftcode if I would avoid the internal transfer fee.

I'm afraid In doing so you would delay and get more problems if not fees. Their wiring instructions are clear:

Use SWIFT Code KASITHBK everytime when transferring money to Thailand.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/OtherProducts/KMoneyTransfer/InternationalMoneyTransfer/Pages/GlobalInward1.aspx

Edited by paz

Nope.

Have a Pattaya (Chonburi) account and haven't paid a penny over 500 Baht.

Many transfers over the last few years, coming in from Belgium and other countries.

I have internet banking, every charge is clearly displayed.

Had a few transfers between 100,000 and 200,000 Baht and the fee was exactly 0.25%...

Nope.

Many transfers over the last few years, coming in from Belgium and other countries.

Had a few transfers between 100,000 and 200,000 Baht and the fee was exactly 0.25%...

Pattaya and Bangkok are are in the same clearing district, hence no additional fees. You should notice that you are not charged Bt 25 when withdrawing from Kasikorn in Bangkok.

Nope.

Pattaya and Bangkok are are in the same clearing district, hence no additional fees. You should notice that you are not charged Bt 25 when withdrawing from Kasikorn in Bangkok.

You get charged 25 Baht whenever you withdraw from an ATM out of Pattaya.

25 baht and an fee on the amount

Edited by jbrain

I'm afraid In doing so you would delay and get more problems if not fees. Their wiring instructions are clear:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/OtherProducts/KMoneyTransfer/InternationalMoneyTransfer/Pages/GlobalInward1.aspx

The swift code determines where your money is sent to. So if you use the Laem Chabang swift code the money will go straight to Laem Chabang without passin Bangkok first in my opinion.

The swift code determines where your money is sent to. So if you use the Laem Chabang swift code the money will go straight to Laem Chabang without passin Bangkok first in my opinion.

Receiving bank decides which SWIFT code you should use. Kbank is very clear in their instructions linked above. Try asking Kbank call center on the matter, report their answer here.

Receiving bank decides which SWIFT code you should use. Kbank is very clear in their instructions linked above. Try asking Kbank call center on the matter, report their answer here.

Talked with the call center and the answer was 0.25% exchange fee with a ceiling of 500 Baht. 20 Baht processing fee and 10 Baht / 10.000 for transfer to the account that isn't based in Bangkok.

Talked with the call center and the answer was 0.25% exchange fee with a ceiling of 500 Baht. 20 Baht processing fee and 10 Baht / 10.000 for transfer to the account that isn't based in Bangkok.

That is exactly what iI was told too, and it matches the amount actually received. Only be aware that calculations can start with $15 less than the amount sent, due to mistery correspondant bank fees.

That is exactly what iI was told too, and it matches the amount actually received. Only be aware that calculations can start with $15 less than the amount sent, due to mistery correspondant bank fees.

The 15$ you were short might be consumed by a bank enroute. Most banks use another bank to do the actual transfer, you can request from your bank a complete outdraw from the money transfer. It shows all the banks involved with their fee charged and the times it the money was received and forwarded at each point until it reaches it's destination.

I requested one several years ago and was surprised that my money reached the Thai bank within hours after I gave the order, while the Thai bank in question claimed it took 2 days and of course used the exchange rate from that day.

Do I need to tell you that coincidental the exchange rate from that day was lower then on the day they actually received the money