Advise On Which Visa To Get, White Card? (Aussie To Bangkok)

Hi there,

I am traveling to Thailand (Bangkok) soon and would love some advise on which visa to get.

I live in Australia and this will be a business trip.

I will be sourcing clothing for my clothing business, some coming back in my bag but will be sending back packages of it.

I have herd of the immigration white card, will i need one?

I will only be in the country for a week or so and my partner will be coming too.

Thanks

Samantha

wai2.gif

Don't tell people that this is a business trip, otherwise you would need a business Visa...

The white card you are referring to is a two-part document consisting of an arrival and a departure card. You receive it from your airline, fill it out, go to immigration and will get a 30d tourist Visa - always assuming you and your partner are both citizens of countries which can get a 30d tourist Visa on arrival (Visa excempt countries).

Good luck and enjoy shopping

I was planning on just doing the 30 day tourist visa that you automatically get but i am afraid i could get in some trouble with customs when i return home.

Is this very common for people doing similar things to me to just get a tourist visa?

Samanatha

The above post is not accurate as there is no provision for you to obtain a visa on arrival for Thailand. You can obtain a visa exempt entry for 30 days but that is not a tourist visa. If you have a company of some type it is very easy to obtain a non immigrant B visa for such business travel (and perhaps write off expense on tax?). If you just buy as a tourist, or on a visa exempt entry, there is not likely to be any issue here but expect you might have customs issues with commercial size imports although have no idea of what the laws are in Oz.

The white card is just the standard 'arrival and departure card' that you need to fill up for the custom.

You are visa free for 30 days.

Australia custom allow you to A$900 worth of general goods without being tax. If you import by post A$1000.

However for your case if it is for a business, you might want to check with Australia custom with regards to the clothing you import back.