Pattaya Train Station - Advance Booking?

my friend I

No need for advanced booking. It is open 8:00 and you can just go there to check the schedule. I will take a pic of it today and post it here for you. I live right down the street.

If memory serves me correct I think the train leaves at 1:30 every day but will confirm later.

Edited by Gone

No need for advanced booking. It is open 8:00 and you can just go there to check the schedule. I will take a pic of it today and post it here for you. I live right down the street.

If memory serves me correct I think the train leaves at 1:30 every day but will confirm later.

Well, what happened? Did the train come at 1.30? I can't stand the suspense

Advance booking,that's a laugh,train to yourself more like,one a day each way,but do not think they are running at the mo,least further up the line doing rail track repairs

Think its 2 30 ish if running 37 Baht to BKK free for Thais

Edited by pinfold

Sorry for the late reply but I was busy. The picture I took at the train station says it all. The advanced booking is if you want a connecting train to other destinations and also you get to get on a little earlier which doesn't make sense really. lol

post-147691-0-26800200-1363953716_thumb.

Edited by Gone

Advance booking,that's a laugh,train to yourself more like,one a day each way,but do not think they are running at the mo,least further up the line doing rail track repairs

31 baht, running and why would you think it is free for Thais?

Sorry for the late reply but I was busy. The picture I took at the train station says it all. The advanced booking is if you want a connecting train to other destinations and also you get to get on a little earlier which doesn't make sense really. lol

Apology accepted but phew you don't half let a fella sweat.

Because Thais get on for free

Thais travel free on 3rd class trains but they still need to get a ticket.

Thais travel free on 3rd class trains but they still need to get a ticket.

Why do Thais travel for free on 3rd class ? Never heard about it before.

Thais do NOT travel free. It even has a sign in Thai the same as the one picture I took and other signs saying the same thing. 31 bhat to Bkk. I didn't take pics of that because I assumed the OP cannot read Thai.

It does NOT say "Thai's travel free" in Thai.

I have heard it takes about 4- 5 hours....because as it gets closer to Bangkok it stops at dozens of small stations which get more numerous as you get closer to the city....I have never done the trip but if you look at the route on Google maps it goes through areas you would never see from a car/bus on a highway. I plan to do it someday soon myself. Then get a bus back .....

31 or 37 Baht ,was last year I travelled,Thais free,takes about 3 and a half hours,connects to Chiang Mai or other overnight trains to wherever,track improves as it nears BKK,nice scenery,think its all 3rd class or whatever,all wooden seats