Farang Woman Yells F.o. At Me !

grumpyoldman

Best one I have seen is middle aged falang women outside mcdonalds near thapae gate just put their hands out to stop traffic and walk across the road.

I just grimaced and wondered how long it would before that attitude lands them in trouble.

Edited by britgent

Best one I have seen is middle aged falang women outside mcdonalds near thapae gate just put their hands out to stop traffic and walk across the road.

I just grimaced and wondered how long it would before that attitude lands them in trouble.

Seems to be two general types here in Patong. One is the space cadet types that think the entire town is a walking street, so they just don't pay attention to the traffic.

And the others are the more arrogant (ignorant?) ones that actually think as pedestrians they always have the right of way, like they do in their home countries. They'll just walk out into the street expecting that everyone here knows this (and/or cares) and will stop just for them... cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I had a big girls blouse tell me to F O a few weeks ago,a ozzy with a side car was drunk as a skunk, stoled his machine in the middle of the road whilst trying to do a U turn, no lights working, a few other riders had just missed him and as i passed i said, need a hand, to which he replied F O, so i swung my bike around and said, you said what, no because he's full of drink he's the big man, now in the side car was his mate, but sober, i said to him, just get your mate home, but the drunk driver wouldn'd stop the abuse, at that point i just said ok get yourselves killed, yip you guessed it, they did turn the sidecar over as i was driving away, and no i didn't turn back

• Like 1

The only thing that scares me on the roads here are the tourists or new expats that haven't learned the Thai road system, whether they are driving a bike, car, or walking.

I have to agree with you! Tourists on motorbikes are clueless. A car stops to turn right, they stop behind, then as you are about to go around on the left they pull right in front of you from a dead stop without looking...

The only thing that scares me on the roads here are the tourists or new expats that haven't learned the Thai road system, whether they are driving a bike, car, or walking.

I have to agree with you! Tourists on motorbikes are clueless. A car stops to turn right, they stop behind, then as you are about to go around on the left they pull right in front of you from a dead stop without looking...

Newbie tourist in any sort or rental vehicle - frightening, accident waiting to happen. But on the other hand what are they supposed to do without any decent sort of public transport, just accept the TukTuk rip-off service. Catch 22 dilemma.

Newbie tourist in any sort or rental vehicle - frightening, accident waiting to happen. But on the other hand what are they supposed to do without any decent sort of public transport, just accept the TukTuk rip-off service. Catch 22 dilemma.

Forget the tourists, what about the coach bus hurtling down Patong Hill with no brakes and a drunk driver. They are really annoying. :) :)

• Like 2

Sure....like walking on a road which doesn't have a pavement, instead of walking besides the road like the Thai people do, if they walk at all.

The description of the woman in the OP, sounds like the same woman that got angry at me, after she backed over my motorbike a few months ago.blink.png

Yes cause there is only one who matches this description coffee1.gif

brown haired farang lady with dark glasses on, not tall

• Like 1

Forget the tourists, what about the coach bus hurtling down Patong Hill with no brakes and a drunk driver. They are really annoying. smile.pngsmile.png

Which one? There have been several in the past few months...

I collided with an American woman who ran out on the street looking the wrong way. I crashed to avoid killing her, but I still took out her legs. I was more injured than she was, plus the damage to my bike. But I let her go, because her group was late to catch a bus.

The description of the woman in the OP, sounds like the same woman that got angry at me, after she backed over my motorbike a few months ago.blink.png

Yes cause there is only one who matches this description coffee1.gif

>brown haired farang lady with dark glasses on, not tall

I was being facetious. Perhaps a smile.png would have been more appropriate.

Some interesting changes to this thread and for sure I was not painting all with one brush, was merely describing the person that yelled the obscenity at me.

In thinking about it later, maybe I just scared the heck out of her and that was her reaction.

The move that I find really astonishing regarding walking across a busy roads are the Thais that stand in the middle on the line.

"I'm on this little line, but there is this invisible protective box all around me. Uh-oh, is that a speeding Forturner passing on the wrong side? Buddha! Invisible protector box please !"....hahahaha...........Amazing Thailand !

• Like 1

The only thing that scares me on the roads here are the tourists or new expats that haven't learned the Thai road system, whether they are driving a bike, car, or walking.Sure....like walking on a road which doesn't have a pavement, instead of walking besides the road like the Thai people do, if they walk at all.

Or the pavement that has turned into a restaurant,motorcycle rent business. a sitting area for tuk tuk and motorcycle drivers and be careful about pavements with different levels.

• Like 1

Yup.

First thing I learned as a driver here: do not stop at zebra crossings. Nobody is expecting it and it will become very dangerous very quickly.

It scares me even more when they do 'go local' with their driving habits.

Moving around by car during the high season, I often wondered if it would make sense to introduce a "walking licence" system for tourists. When on foot, they behave like there is no motorized traffic around. Walking with a group, using the full width of the road, crossing the street without looking, standing around on the small parking lot in front of the supermarket not moving when somebody obviously wants to park, and so on.