2 Russians Arrested In Beating Of German

Rimmer

2 Russians arrested in beating of German
PATTAYA:--Two Russians were arrested for severely beating a German man during an early-morning fight on a baht bus.

Artem Babin, 27, and Artem Bakanov, 26, were captured minutes after fleeing the fight near the intersection of Second Road with Soi 13/1. German Bjoern Janner, 31, was found unconscious and sent to a hospital for treatment.

After regaining consciousness, Janner told police he was sharing a baht bus around 4 a.m. with two Russians on his way back to his hotel

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/2-russians-arrested-in-beating-of-german-23656

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-03-23 footer_n.gif

From my understanding they will only receive a thousand baht fine each unless the German had received sever bodily injury.

So the arrest means nothing from my experience in these matters, other than they will also have to pay for his hospital bills.

They will be free enjoy the rest of their holiday and to leave Thailand.

Interesting that Yingluck now wants a higher class of tourist to visit Thailand. Perhaps the influx of millions of penniless lowlife, purely to boost tourist numbers, has it,s drawbacks. Civilised tourists are now looking for alternative venues already. A friend of mine was violently attacked by a russian mobster for no reason other than they bumped slightly in passing. Safety being the most important consideration of a holiday, other countries are starting to look more appealing. Sad really.

• Like 1

Interesting that Yingluck now wants a higher class of tourist to visit Thailand. Perhaps the influx of millions of penniless lowlife, purely to boost tourist numbers, has it,s drawbacks. Civilised tourists are now looking for alternative venues already. A friend of mine was violently attacked by a russian mobster for no reason other than they bumped slightly in passing. Safety being the most important consideration of a holiday, other countries are starting to look more appealing. Sad really.

Newsflash: long before Russians, the penniless lowlife came from UK, USA, Australia, Germany etc.

It amazes me that people have forgotten the drunks and hooligans of say 10 years ago. In fact some of these past lowlife have settled here and are now moaning about the new arrivals !!!! Personally, it's good to have a mix in case one group of foreigners think they own Pattaya.

• Like 1

The Russians are amongst the most obnoxious tourists that i have ever come across ,add that to the fact that they are mostly on inclusive all in package tours ,they don't on the whole have a pot to p--s in.so add very little to the income of Pattaya ,

bit like the average resident Pattaya pensioner then ?

Rather than the recent complaint by Russian officials about how Pattaya treats Russians, they should spend time to tell Russians how to behave when here. There are more daily (and normally unreported) incidents of Russians being the perpetrator than there are incidents of Russians being the victims.

and maybe the officals from the BE, US embassy, etc etc do the same eh ?...wink.png

I can not stand most of them The other day at Immigration they were butting in line. Then on the baht bus they did not make room for the Thais and one stopped the baht bus so he could go talk to a friend--the bus driver freaked and booted them off the bus. Boorish peasants who are only lining the hoteliers, Baht bus, and convenience store pockets. You should see all the ugly fat women waddling around Naklua!

Yes seen them............and also in other parts of Pattaya.......they must be very thick skinned or gutted when they see the beautiful Oriental females

• Like 1

Newsflash: long before Russians, the penniless lowlife came from UK, USA, Australia, Germany etc.

It amazes me that people have forgotten the drunks and hooligans of say 10 years ago. In fact some of these past lowlife have settled here and are now moaning about the new arrivals !!!! Personally, it's good to have a mix in case one group of foreigners think they own Pattaya.

You may be right but I think Thailand will regret having the Russian tourists that are coming now you win some but they will lose more.

The previous drunks didn't try to take over and eventually there will be friction between the Thais and the Russian you can only have one Mafia and my money is on theThais.

Right or wrong

The Russians are amongst the most obnoxious tourists that i have ever come across ,add that to the fact that they are mostly on inclusive all in package tours ,they don't on the whole have a pot to p--s in.so add very little to the income of Pattaya ,

bit like the average resident Pattaya pensioner then ?

Not the ones i mix with ,but then perhaps its the sort you know.

I try an make a point of not associating with any Pattaya pensioners, seeing I am not one and the ones i have come across are cantankerous old bast*rds, but one assumes by your remarks you feel you are are one of the elite pensioners of Pattaya, and some what better than everyone else ?

It is a well known fact all over the world's tourist destinations. When the Russians arrive it's time to leave.

Then there are not many places left to go then, expect very cold ones;)

Just read an article in a Danish newspaper that app. 50.000 Russians lives on Cyprus

and that many more are scrambling down there now to try to get their money out of the (almost) bankrupt banks.

Edited by guzzi850m2

It is a well known fact all over the world's tourist destinations. When the Russians arrive it's time to leave.

Then there not many places left to go then, expect very cold oneswink.png

Just read an article in a Danish newspaper that app. 50.000 Russians lives on Cyprus

and that many more are scrambling down there now to try to get their money out of the (almost) bankrupt banks.

Just look what happened to Turkey as a tourist destination.

The Russians invaded and the Europeans stayed away.

Turkey is not the only place.

A hooligan is a hooligan is a hooligan, doesn't matter where they come from. Then there is the aspect of being out on the streets in Pattaya after witching hour. Most bad things that happen there usually take place between 1:00am - 5:00am. If you're off the streets during this time you avoid the highest risk hours when the crazies are out.

Having said that I've had my share of run-ins with our Slavic brothers in sin city by the sea. I find them quite boorish and totally insensitive to anyone around them and their interests. This is a huge generalization based on my anecdotal experience in Patters. Outside of Thailand I find Russians quite competent in a business environment, with the exception that you can't trust them any farther than you can throw them. If you enter into a business transaction with Russians / Ukrainians, you best have the T's crossed and I's dotted.

Well they don't bother me (most of them) and like ALL countries they got some bad apples.

Can't really blame them that now when they have the opportunity to travel, they do it.

If you look back on the history of Russia (USSR), life have been hard, very hard for most.

Russian bashing on T.V. this thread won't last long...No one seems to be sticking to the topic...I wonder what the thread would look like if the Newspaper article had said "2 guys beat up another guy at 4 a.m in Pattaya" and never mentioned race ?

You can't assume nationality by name any more ? I would have thought Bjoern the victim here, sounds Scandanavian not Germanic...

Thailand has sold their very soul to the devil.....The Ambassador Hotel south of Jomtien has nearly 4,000 rooms - and 90% occupied by Soviets on all inclusive holidays...and it is owned by....well I cannot and will not dare to say who owns it on here........but if you know...better not say !!!

Edited by lonewolf99

Thailand has sold their very soul to the devil.....The Ambassador Hotel south of Jomtien has nearly 4,000 rooms - and 90% occupied by Soviets on all inclusive holidays...and it is owned by....well I cannot and will not dare to say who owns it on here........but if you know...better not say !!!

Gorbachev ?

• Like 1

Russian bashing on T.V. this thread won't last long...No one seems to be sticking to the topic...I wonder what the thread would look like if the Newspaper article had said "2 guys beat up another guy at 4 a.m in Pattaya" and never mentioned race ?

You can't assume nationality by name any more ? I would have thought Bjoern the victim here, sounds Scandanavian not Germanic...

The name is written Björn in German. In Scandinavian languages Bjørn. Easy to tell where Bjoern comes from if the name were written like in his Passport.