Daft Things The Spouse Says

Neeranam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explaining to a Thai university graduate about the difference of speed of light and speed of sound when there was a thunder storm. I had hoped to teach her the trick of counting the time between the lightning and thunder to tell how far it was away.

Unfortunately she wasn't aware of either.

"See, due to the speed of light being much faster than the speed of sound, first you see it, then you hear it."

"No, no, you wrong."

"Er, no, I'm not."

"Yes, you wrong. Like airplane in the sky, you hear, then you look and see. Hear first, then see."

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, well.................. ummmmmm........ I like kitty. I like Doreamon."

"Yayyyyyyy, I like kitty, I like Doraemon too."

Thai university graduate. sad.png

Are you sure she wasn't pulling your leg?

Watch Thais in a storm. In the village here, they wait for the thunder before making a dash for it

I just like that big grin of hers when she says it.

Doesn't matter what occurred the previous day, my wife always resets and happy to see the new day with a big smile and kisses my bum and feet first thing in morning before I get up. I've tolerated it for the last three years of married life. huh.png

• Like 1

Last week, when driving near Chumpae, going to Nam Nao(Phetchabun) she said "dtrong pai loei" when it was quite clearly signposted that Loei was the road to the right!

But you need to tell Non Thai speakers that "dtrong pai" means "straight on" for the full effect.

I don't really see the point in spelling it 'Dtrong Pai' which makes no sense in any language,why not just 'Dong Bai/Pai'?

I just like that big grin of hers when she says it.

Doesn't matter what occurred the previous day, my wife always resets ...

That can work both ways as when I say "But you promised me yesterday that you wouldn't fill-in-the-blank ..." and she says "Yes, I know. But that was yesterday."

I still don't understand why the OP does not appreciate:

• the effort of wife in making all that ice cream,
  • making it faster than excepted
  • and to top it all joyfully announces that it is already cold

I would not complain, but maybe that's just me.

Because the OP is the master of sarcasm and i am a big fan of him.thumbsup.gifwai.gif

• Like 2

A similar but funny story that the Aussies here will appreciate. When I was traveling with a group of young Canadian women to Australia many years ago one of the girls told a story in mixed company that brought the house down. We had been drinking and eating a lot and my friend said... "Since I've been in Australia my FANNY has gotten 2 inches wider." The Australians at the table erupted in laughter.

In Canada, a girl's FANNY is her bottom. In Australia a girl's fanny is her private parts. My poor friend was mortified when someone told her, but eventually she joined in the laughter... but with a very red face.

• Like 1

A similar but funny story that the Aussies here will appreciate. When I was traveling with a group of young Canadian women to Australia many years ago one of the girls told a story in mixed company that brought the house down. We had been drinking and eating a lot and my friend said... "Since I've been in Australia my FANNY has gotten 2 inches wider." The Australians at the table erupted in laughter.

In Canada, a girl's FANNY is her bottom. In Australia a girl's fanny is her private parts. My poor friend was mortified when someone told her, but eventually she joined in the laughter... but with a very red face.

I wss asked by an American girl once where she could buy a fanny pack - I think I was more embarrassed when I told her to go to the local Watsons!

sbk, on 23 Mar 2013 - 23:41, said:

saakura, on 23 Mar 2013 - 20:53, said:

scorecard, on 23 Mar 2013 - 20:52, said:

Do you never say things that she would think are daft?

Yes, that is the question to ask.

and would make for a far more interesting thread than guys trying to prove how daft they think their wives are blink.png

and they say Amazing Thailand.

Maybe I should have written the title more carefully - a light-hearted thread mostly to hear what Thai partners have said that's funny due to translation difficulties. I know Thai partners often laugh at the daft things foreigners say in Thai due to bad pronunciation etc. I was in no way saying that my dear wife or Thai women in general are daft.

My wife said something funny this morning when I asked her where my golf hat was - she said, " it's in your pocket". Took me a few seconds to realize that she meant my golf bag - bag and pocket have the same Thai word.

Explaining to a Thai university graduate about the difference of speed of light and speed of sound when there was a thunder storm. I had hoped to teach her the trick of counting the time between the lightning and thunder to tell how far it was away.

"See, due to the speed of light being much faster than the speed of sound, first you see it, then you hear it."

"No, no, you wrong."

"Er, no, I'm not."

"Yes, you wrong. Like airplane in the sky, you hear, then you look and see. Hear first, then see."

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, well.................. ummmmmm........ I like kitty. I like Doreamon."

Thai university graduate. sad.png

It's good you have varied interests wink.png

• Like 1

"No, no, you wrong."

"Er, no, I'm not."

Thai university graduate.

Couldn't you just give her the abridged version? One's "rev Mach" and the others "rev rev Mach Mach". :rolleyes:

• Like 2

An ex once remarked."You care more about the dog more than me."

attachicon.gifda-dogs-36.jpg

Well, what can one say to that?

Does that qualify as a daft remark?

Maybe, but only if you don't own a dog.

Hardly. There is a very old euphemism that goes, "If you want unrequited love and devotion, get a dog."

Let's put it this way, if you lock your wife and your dog in the boot of your car and come back an hour later, which one will be glad to see you? Case closed. wink.png

• Like 2

Honey you wanna take another girl no palopHAM, but can only take one time OK, you go with same girl many time I cut off feed the ducks!

Oh and you pay me one thousand every time. . .

Not making this up I swear.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Honey you wanna take another girl no palopHAM, but can only take one time OK, you go with same girl many time I cut off feed the ducks!

Oh and you pay me one thousand every time. . .

Not making this up I swear.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I'd be happy if my wife allowed me one time girls, but would get kinda expensive.