Daft Things The Spouse Says

Neeranam

My wife says some daft things sometimes - for example - when I was upstairs and my pudding was ready she screamed upstairs, "ai dteem yen laew" the ice cream is getting cold. I find it hysterical and reminds me of my grandmother who get rather confused.

Does your wife/gf say daft things - any examples?

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My GF is picking up a rather nice Scottish accent to her English (matter of opinion of course) as well as some Scottish phrases ( which I hadn't realized I used that often). For example: That's awe right then! Nae bother! I'll be there the noo..

I've yet to get a Glasgow Kiss from her fortunately

• Like 2

My GF is picking up a rather nice Scottish accent to her English (matter of opinion of course) as well as some Scottish phrases ( which I hadn't realized I used that often). For example: That's awe right then! Nae bother! I'll be there the noo.. I've yet to get a Glasgow Kiss from her fortunately

I've never got a Glasgow kiss from ANY woman!!!

Honey you wanna take another girl no palopHAM, but can only take one time OK, you go with same girl many time I cut off feed the ducks!

Oh and you pay me one thousand every time. . .

Not making this up I swear.

• Like 2

Honey you wanna take another girl no palopHAM, but can only take one time OK, you go with same girl many time I cut off feed the ducks!

Oh and you pay me one thousand every time. . .

Not making this up I swear.

smile.png lol I love your transliteration - palopHAM!

How could a Thai not undrestand pudding?

She understands pudding. The daft thing was that ice-cream is best cold.

Yes, perhaps that is what she meant when she yelled out that the ice cream is cold (meaning if you dont come down fast, it may get warm).

How could a Thai not undrestand pudding?

She understands pudding. The daft thing was that ice-cream is best cold.
Yes, perhaps that is what she meant when she yelled out that the ice cream is cold (meaning if you dont come down fast, it may get warm).
She's used to shouting 'your dinner's getting cold" and got confused.

Last week, when driving near Chumpae, going to Nam Nao(Phetchabun) she said "dtrong pai loei" when it was quite clearly signposted that Loei was the road to the right!

But you need to tell Non Thai speakers that "dtrong pai" means "straight on" for the full effect.

• Like 1

Explaining to a Thai university graduate about the difference of speed of light and speed of sound when there was a thunder storm. I had hoped to teach her the trick of counting the time between the lightning and thunder to tell how far it was away.

Unfortunately she wasn't aware of either.

"See, due to the speed of light being much faster than the speed of sound, first you see it, then you hear it."

"No, no, you wrong."

"Er, no, I'm not."

"Yes, you wrong. Like airplane in the sky, you hear, then you look and see. Hear first, then see."

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, well.................. ummmmmm........ I like kitty. I like Doreamon."

"Yayyyyyyy, I like kitty, I like Doraemon too."

Thai university graduate. sad.png

grim eh? tells u a lot though!

• Like 1

Do you never say things that she would think are daft?

Yes, that is the question to ask.

and would make for a far more interesting thread than guys trying to prove how daft they think their wives are blink.png

and they say Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

Explaining to a Thai university graduate about the difference of speed of light and speed of sound when there was a thunder storm. I had hoped to teach her the trick of counting the time between the lightning and thunder to tell how far it was away.

Unfortunately she wasn't aware of either.

"See, due to the speed of light being much faster than the speed of sound, first you see it, then you hear it."

"No, no, you wrong."

"Er, no, I'm not."

"Yes, you wrong. Like airplane in the sky, you hear, then you look and see. Hear first, then see."

"Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, well.................. ummmmmm........ I like kitty. I like Doreamon."

"Yayyyyyyy, I like kitty, I like Doraemon too."

Thai university graduate. sad.png

Are you sure she wasn't pulling your leg?

I once said to a Thai lady look at that beautiful full moon she looked at me and said "where?"

Trueblink.png

on returning back to the U. K. at the start of Autumn i met a Thai lady that had not been in the country all that long and whilst making polite conversation she asked. " why do you not take care of your trees ? they are all dying, i don't like your country very much ! "

then started to cry. sad.png

• Like 1

I still don't understand why the OP does not appreciate:

• the effort of wife in making all that ice cream,
  • making it faster than excepted
  • and to top it all joyfully announces that it is already cold

I would not complain, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1