Betty Crockers Dark Chocolate Icing

I am an fan of chocolate , its part of my diet and its like a drug, I need a fix every now and again . In Thailand there are the few European brands of chocolate bars available such as snickers, kit-kat, mars bars , M&M's, and a few others .There are also a few brands of chocolate about as well .

I am bored with eating the chocolate available here , I can only take so much of what is on offer but crave anything different .

I decided to make a chocolate sponge (from a box) and it wasnt until I got home and read the instructions that I found it didnt have the chocolate cream filling or topping as shown on the box and that I had to buy that as an extra , grrrrrrrrrr.

So , back to the shop I went (Tops ) and found Betty Crockers Dark Rich and Creamy Icing . OMG, I opened it when I got home and it looked delicious, so out came the spoon and in I went . Its better than any chocolate I have been buying here and from now on , all those crappy vegetable fatty so called choco bars can stay on the shelf . I have been dipping into this pot every now and again for the odd teaspoon full , its so good , give it a try . It reminds me of when my mother used to make her home made chocolate icing , Oh the memories !

Try making your own icing... A simple recipe contains butter and powdered/confectioners sugar. To jazz things up you could add cinnamon, chocolate, milk, vanilla extract...

Make a small batch first and then expand. I saw one recipe which was 15 grams of butter and 30 grams of powdered sugar. Cream it together and taste. From there you could try adding cocoa powder, cinnamon or whatever looks good to you. It's on my list to do this week.

There are tons of videos on youtube.

• Like 1

Betty Crocker and you complain about vegetable fat in other chocolate, read the ingredients and book a Cardiologists appointment.

Yes , I know , but I only eat the odd tea-spoon full every now and again .

Walking Mans advice about making your own is good. I have a soft spot for Ice Cream but realised along with the expected artery damaging stuff came all sorts of man made extras. I now make my own and have never looked back, as with anything you can massage a recipe to your own liking and you can make sure its all natural.

There are lots of good quality chocolate bars here that only use cocoa fat - the real thing. Lindt and Frey brands for starters.

Yes I know all about them I have been eating them as well , thats the reason I needed a change and was looking for possibly newer brands to the L.O.S.

I love ice cream, chocolate (dove dark chocolate bars) and all of the other things that are fattening. Since I broke my hip and had a hip implant, the term "jelly belly" has taken on a real meaning!

for sugar addicts those little pots of icing are lethal...

growing up in the 50s in Pasadena there were frozen breakfast pastries, fulla cinnamon and sugar, that came with a pot of icing: pop the rolls into the oven then slather them with the icing when fresh outta the oven and quite simply there was no better life...

we used to have these at my aunt's house as my mother who was a public health nurse and a life-long foe of processed sugar forbade them (she even forbade fruit cocktail and canned cling peaches as they wouldn't last long when I was near...)

always a good time at the aunt's house as she always had bottles of coke in the fridge...

aunt to my mother: 'if you prohibit sugar rather than instruct proper eating habits your efforts shall come to nought...)

my mom told her to get fcked as she didn't have to deal with me as a kid on a daily basis...undiagnosed asperger's syndrome put down to excessive sugar intake...

I finally got around to making my own icing.

As I mentioned above, it consisted of 15 grams of butter, 30 grams of powdered sugar. Tasted fine but I wanted to try my luck with adding cinnamon and it was nice. I recommend to all to try to make your own icing. If you have freetime, why not?

If it's quality chocolate you crave you can treat yourself to the Duc de Praline (Belgian, I believe) or sample the Llindt bars or Reiter chocolate in Villa Supermarkets here in Bkk.

There's Houtens, and all kinds of German brands as well.

We have a full range of the stuff to choose from.

The canned icing from General Foods is like candy.

(And sometimes candy is dandy)

Like a lot of things here, it's good for what it is.

Grab a pot of it or any of the above for that matter and find a nice Thai girl to share it with.

If you're lucky for a little decadence she'll be up for washing down a few pieces of Reiter's Dark will a snifter of Regency or a couple of truffles from the Duc with some Benedictine whatever's around the room.

Lindfor's with a hint of orange, lime, cherry, even hot the hot chilies they like to think they invented.

Yes, indeed, candy *is* dandy but as we all know, liquor is quickuor.

Chocolate. Alcohol. And an adventurous young or even mature but well preserved lady (from just about anywhere) who's just discovered the Internet and might just be venturing into her experimental phase.

Who knows? Nutella and strawberries even.

Nothing original about it.

This is just sin.

The right alcohol, the right chocolate and the right desert companion.

It's all here for the sharing.