What's With The Shirtless Foreigners In Bkk?

hughben

Theres A bunch of low farangs coming to Thailand.I imagine the authorities could do something about it in Bangkok if they wanted to.I believe it is A little discusting to see.But to me I think wearing

Sandels is also disgusting.I know i'm stepping on peoples toes with that remark. Won't be the first time.

Would imposing an airport tax inbound on scruffs be a contravention of human rights I wonder? What HR I hear you say. I agree that shirtless jerks indicate lack of respect in Thai cities. Incidentally sitting in a restaurant the other day in Dubai, a couple of Eastern European Hobbos stripped off when they left, at least they had the decency to wait until they were outside. How did I know they were ER's, well they had over developed upper torsos, they were ugly, fags drooping from their mouths and bo$$#cks the size of footballs. Could have been a couple of Leeds supporters I guess.....live and let live is the order of the day now.

Surprised they got away with that in Dubai. They certainly wouldn't in Abu Dhabi. In Saudi you must keep tatoos covered up if you have them.

Human Rights - good one clap2.gif Only EU countires and the Aussies really try and "walk the talk". The rest make it up as they go along !!

In Saudi you must keep tatoos covered up if you have them.

Is this something your companys HR told you?

Certainly not the case as far as I am aware.

No. Saudi police, including the religious police, can react to tattoo(s) deemed offensive or insulting. This gives them some discretion in enforcement.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weirdest thing for me is sandals without socks! While famous designers show their new sandal-with-socks collections many crazy guys didn't watch it on their cabel TV! And they still continue to dress sandals without socks... HATE IT!

"The weirdest thing for me is sandals without socks!"

Sandals with socks was more "trendy" when the pound/baht exchange rate was higher. Go figure.

Did Jesus wear socks with his sandals? I rest my case. tongue.png

How would anyone know the answer to that question? Or do you hear little voices sometimes??

whistling.gif Saw one two days ago taking off his T-shirt on his way to a Soi Nana beer place.

His tits were bigger than any of the bargirls sitting there.

He looked like a right royal slob .... fat and drunk too.

But don't know his nationality .... didn't get close enough to hear him talk.

Perfect example of the "Lager lout" Boozer and Loser Fraternity.

What we have here folks is a perfect example of someone with all the morality to spend his freetime buying flesh in the epicentre of BKK's most immoral area, looking down on one of his own.

Buying women in such an open way is not the Thai way, i'm willing to take a guess your mother would be happier for you to take your t-shirt off then buy sex from uneducated poor women.

To add to that i'm sure all Thais who worry about the reputation of their country abroad would prefer it to be known as the nation where people take of their tshirts whilst in 40 degree heat as opposed to the worlds sex capital.

• Like 1

I remember reading here some months ago about a Farang driving his car with his shirt off being stopped by the traffic police and told in no uncertain manner that it was not Thai custom. Me thinks amazing what the those ruskies can get away with. Even seen a lovely oversized loving couple in Big C recently wearing thier swim suits doing their grocery shop. It was not a pretty site. w00t.gifbah.gifsick.gif

The weirdest thing for me is sandals without socks! While famous designers show their new sandal-with-socks collections many crazy guys didn't watch it on their cabel TV! And they still continue to dress sandals without socks... HATE IT!

Do you know how ridiculous socks and sandals look?Are you a stereotypical German with lederhosen and a feather in your hat also?rolleyes.gif

Ridiculous or not I shall continue to wear socks when I wear sandals. Without my socks the chaffing on my skins rips it to shreds no matter what type of sandal I have tried. Judging by the state of some people's feet I suggest they also wear socks, those bunions etc are not a pretty sight.

In that case, you wear a kind of shoes made to go with socks -- athletic shoes. When you walk, they're better for your feet, ankles, and calves, and they don't make you look like you're playing shuffleboard on a cruise ship.

Do you know how ridiculous socks and sandals look?Are you a stereotypical German with lederhosen and a feather in your hat also?rolleyes.gif

Ridiculous or not I shall continue to wear socks when I wear sandals. Without my socks the chaffing on my skins rips it to shreds no matter what type of sandal I have tried. Judging by the state of some people's feet I suggest they also wear socks, those bunions etc are not a pretty sight.

In that case, you wear a kind of shoes made to go with socks -- athletic shoes. When you walk, they're better for your feet, ankles, and calves, and they don't make you look like you're playing shuffleboard on a cruise ship.

But I like wearing sandals my feet don't feel as if they have been though a steamer after a few hours wearing shoes. My objection is catching sight of some appalling feet which following on from an earlier post the owner hasn't seen for many a long year. A friend of mine on a visit to Thailand had a large chunk of the underside of his foot cut away due to an infection followed by a toe once he had returned to the UK. Its not the sort of thing I want to catch sight of.

Saw one two days ago taking off his T-shirt on his way to a Soi Nana beer place.

His tits were bigger than any of the bargirls sitting there.

He looked like a right royal slob .... fat and drunk too.

But don't know his nationality .... didn't get close enough to hear him talk.

Perfect example of the "Lager lout" Boozer and Loser Fraternity.

And how does that effect you?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Simple - if you have man boobs, leave your shirt on, for the sake of others who want to keep their lunches down...

You prefer to look at men with nice pecs do you?

Simple - if you have man boobs, leave your shirt on, for the sake of others who want to keep their lunches down...

Why not I personally like looking at good things. I recall last year seeing a guy easily in his late sixties or seventies in Silom. His appearance was quite immaculate with perfect dress sense and he looked quite distinguished. Yesterday while having my breakfast a young Thai lady was at the servery helping herself to some food. I could not help but admire the way she was dressed and her very attractive appearance. Now imagine being confronted with some huge ass with the minimum of clothing, exposing all of natures wear and tear, surely it is far better in that case to wear something that minimizes the visual impact.

"The weirdest thing for me is sandals without socks!"

Sandals with socks was more "trendy" when the pound/baht exchange rate was higher. Go figure.

Did Jesus wear socks with his sandals? I rest my case.

How would anyone know the answer to that question? Or do you hear little voices sometimes??

I saw the pics when I was paying attention in Sunday school! And that little voice is telling me I should ignore humourless people. :blink:

Why not I personally like looking at good things. I recall last year seeing a guy easily in his late sixties or seventies in Silom. His appearance was quite immaculate with perfect dress sense and he looked quite distinguished. Yesterday while having my breakfast a young Thai lady was at the servery helping herself to some food. I could not help but admire the way she was dressed and her very attractive appearance. Now imagine being confronted with some huge ass with the minimum of clothing, exposing all of natures wear and tear, surely it is far better in that case to wear something that minimizes the visual impact.

Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Thai people actually dont give a xxxx about shirtless farangs. If anything, as long as the farang does not lose their temper, Thai people will tolerate anything about the farang. One thing the Thai's wont appreciate is having a bunch of foreigners telling them to police shirtless foreigners in their own country.

If you're a farang, and you wai, smile, keep a calm demeanour, and dont raise your voice; Thai's can give less of a xxxx if you're wearing a shirt or not. Oh and I've definately seen a bunch of late-teens to early 20s luk kreungs walking in their boxers and a wifebeater around Emporium after a hungover night. Granted their houses are just within a 200 meter walking distance. How do I know? I was one of them on several occasions. The ability to switch between fluent Thai and fluent English rapidly really gets you a pass everywhere.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1