Comptroller-General Short Of Funds To Pay For First-Car Buyer Rebates In April

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another hundredthousand "not able to drive properly" idiots on the roads. Local and central govt's spend money on all kinds of riff raff, like flowers and plants along the roads, a new clock tower, decorations wherever you look, but never think of solving the real severe problems of the traffic in cities, which is a chaos everywhere in LOS.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Bangkok is and has not been a stronghold for the PTP and this was little more than a vote buying strategy implemented prior to the local BMA elections which has gone horribly wrong as so many of their inane populist policies do. Left to their own devices these politicians will drive this country bankrupt whilst feathering their own nests.

Meanwhile further cuts in corporation taxes are being considered as well as large loans to be taken out to finance the politicians plans to improve their wallets the country's infrastructure..

The electorate is again being subjected to yet more fiscal fiasco's.

Coming soon to a town near you soon,

Financial Armageddon , with a cast of billions of baht, no refunds will be paid

This was an ill conceived plan, but I do think that the govt. will meet its obligation to the first time buyers. They may end up changing the payment schedule ( 20 K over 5 years, for example), but the funds will eventually be paid.

Free translated : The can will be kicked further down the road.............as usual with this government.

Guess there will be a lot of auto finance foreclosures in the not too distant future. Car tent fire sales coming soon. wink.png

Your post reminds me of the aftermath of the '97 melt down. There were many auctions of Benz and BMW and even wine.

Guess there will be a lot of auto finance foreclosures in the not too distant future. Car tent fire sales coming soon. wink.png

Your post reminds me of the aftermath of the '97 melt down. There were many auctions of Benz and BMW and even wine.

Yep. Got my first car at that time for a very good price.

I Know! Give the people the value in rice! cheesy.gif

Oh wait. They don't have enough money to pay the farmers for the rice scheme fraud either.

Maybe they could take money for the car rebates and the rice scheme from the borrowed money for the flood control scheme fraud. It hasn't been spent on flood control. Surely it sits safely in the treasury. cheesy.gif

What a house of cards Thailand is.

I think you are being to kind to them,clap2.gif

They should just do what the broke Australian government is doing. Borrow $100million a day from the Chinese (not denied by the World's greatest treasurer)...Problem solved

Oh dear! ............ "the broke Australian government" ................. bought to you straight from the shadow (ie opposition) treasurer ........... and with help from Today Tonight and A Current Affair. whistling.gif

The Coalition's calculation that Australia is borrowing $100 million a day gives a sense of government excess.

But step outside and look at Australia from the vantage point of the rest of the world and the debate looks very strange indeed.

The International Monetary Fund last night released its twice-yearly review of government finances. It shows that Australia's net debt of 9.5 per cent of GDP this year compares with an advanced country average of 76

per cent and an emerging country average of 25 per cent.

Among the advanced countries, only Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden have lower debts than Australia's. Canada's debts are about four times bigger and Germany's six times larger as a share of their GDP.

The IMF estimates the combined commonwealth and state government deficits will reach 2.5 per cent of GDP this calendar year. This is less than half the advanced country average and only slightly ahead of the

emerging countries.

Adding together both the need to fund the last of the deficit and roll over debt that is maturing shows that Australia will need to borrow the equivalent of 4.9 per cent of GDP this year. This will be the second lowest among the advanced nations, where the average borrowing requirement is five times greater.

In other words, the Australian budget is in the pink of health by the standards used by the IMF to measure any other country in the world.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/a-credible-path-back-to-surplus/story-e6frg9qo-1226330714317

I am sure the Thailand government would love to be in a similar financial position to the "broke" Australian one.

It is not as bad as they think as some of the new car scam users are having to put their purchase on hold due to the fact they really can't afford the payments.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Oh wait. They don't have enough money to pay the farmers for the rice scheme fraud either.

Maybe they could take money for the car rebates and the rice scheme from the borrowed money for the flood control scheme fraud. It hasn't been spent on flood control. Surely it sits safely in the treasury. cheesy.gif

They should just do what the broke Australian government is doing. Borrow $100million a day from the Chinese (not denied by the World's greatest treasurer)...Problem solved

what many smug posters here over look is that Thailand is not carrying a fraction of thee debt their own countries are carrying.

This is a hiccup in the car scheme, not a major brain fart.

it certainly does not justify the righteous hysteria i am reading here.

• Like 1

what many smug posters here over look is that Thailand is not carrying a fraction of thee debt their own countries are carrying.

This is a hiccup in the car scheme, not a major brain fart.

it certainly does not justify the righteous hysteria i am reading here.

You do admit it is righteous I see. As for hysteria I look at it more as a comedy show,

The government implements a plan it can not afford to put more cars on roads that need less cars.

The cars are to be purchased by people weather they can afford them or not. All ready dealerships are receiving requests to hold their orders due to financial restraints.

I believe the people writing up these great schemes double as writers for Thai soap's.

• Like 1

$100 million / day? Amateur! wink.png

Hey, this is Thailand and we're talking about professionals here.

The Perfect Titanic (PT) leaders are looking for...5,000,000,000,000- THB (*); that's about 170,000,000,000-USD.

At the Australian rate, it would take them some 1,700 days to get the cash. No way!!

They need it now. It's so good to hear the cashier machine song, you know.

(*) sold as the 2trillion+ infrastructure plan but with figures of 5 trillion (by PT masters)

Edited by Mitker

Well that is good news. Every day under a PTP government seems to start with either a political U-turn; a sob story about lack of money / overspend in various depts; political backstabbing and in fighting that stinks of corruption, criminality, nepotism or stupidity (or combinations of).......Or a hub story!

At least our news is consistent.

Well done, another day starts with 'good news' from PTP led policies.

Next thing you know they will just start printing money like other counties..... ;-)

• Like 1

This plan has been thoroughly thought out, one must congratulate the idiots that worked on the percentage of car buyers , the people buying these cars need to realise if you needed government assistance in the first place you can't afford it, I may as well talk to the mooncoffee1.gif

What makes you think that only people who couldn't afford a car without the rebate bought cars over the period of the scheme. My gf was considering buying a car anyway and when this came along she would have been stupid not to have taken advantage of the rebate. The car was bought outright so there's no chance of defaulting.

Obviously some will have overstretched themselves and will have problems but your view is a bit of an over generalisation.

• Like 2