Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

FACT: I can look out my apartment balcony along Beach Road (north) and it is quite obvious that there are more people using the widen prominade. (Before the walkway was mostly a narrow walkway with curbing that would trap water when it rained.) Three - four times as many joggers and walkers now using the easy to walk on Beach Road promenade. At night, a lot more peope (who I assume are tourists) are walking on the new walkway--- I assume they feel safer because of the lighting. Next, it is nice for visitors to be able to see the sea from the restaurants or hotels across the street. (True, the faded rusted umbrellas need to be thrown out.) Before the new prominade was finished, I was one of the complainers, but when I balance out the before and after, I'll take the new prominade (except for the new Beach Road lane that was added - no use at all. ) Will I admit that city hall did a good job?---Not until I see monthly maintenance done on the walkway after it is built. (But I realize this city does not know what "maintenance" is since it is a developing country. If there was a "maintenance" budgeted, then it would just be pocketed. -Another FACT)

I strongly very strongly disagree that more people are using the promenade...During the day its mostly

a ghost town....I feel like a egg on a frying pan walking the promenade during the day.....

The few day walkers are all wearing hats at visors...Thai people hate the sun...Its only the

beach road riff-raff that don't mind the sun...You cant hardly drag a most Thai girls to walk on

the promenade during the day now.

Yes it is easier to walk now,same as its more easy to walk through a desert than a forest...

After dark things get a lot better on the promenade if there was only some seating I would

consider the promenade a some what ok place.Not great but ok......

I consider the Day promenade a complete loss and a disaster...I consider the night promenade

not great but almost functional....

FACT: I can look out my apartment balcony along Beach Road (north) and it is quite obvious that there are more people using the widen prominade. (Before the walkway was mostly a narrow walkway with curbing that would trap water when it rained.) Three - four times as many joggers and walkers now using the easy to walk on Beach Road promenade. At night, a lot more peope (who I assume are tourists) are walking on the new walkway--- I assume they feel safer because of the lighting. Next, it is nice for visitors to be able to see the sea from the restaurants or hotels across the street. (True, the faded rusted umbrellas need to be thrown out.) Before the new prominade was finished, I was one of the complainers, but when I balance out the before and after, I'll take the new prominade (except for the new Beach Road lane that was added - no use at all. ) Will I admit that city hall did a good job?---Not until I see monthly maintenance done on the walkway after it is built. (But I realize this city does not know what "maintenance" is since it is a developing country. If there was a "maintenance" budgeted, then it would just be pocketed. -Another FACT)

I do need to make a correction here. My observation of the promenade being used more is in the early morning before 11am and in the late afternoon before sunset. True, as one post said, it seems empty at midday since there are no benches for people to sit and socialize in the shade. As most of us realize, most people do their exercising in the morning or evening when it isn't so hot. Midday most people will go to the beach.

I consider the Day promenade a complete loss and a disaster...I consider the night promenade

not great but almost functional....

have to agree, and most people here live in fairly confined spaces, it was nice to be able to go out in the day.

Some of you guys are getting your facts wrong etc. So to get all this straight I would suggest you come on down and discuss beach issues. There are a constant stream of people comming in who know all about everything on the beach. I am here every day having a beer(have grey hair) on the ground floor so come on in and sit down. The place on Soi 13/1 (a few meters from beach) is called PS Guest Horse and is open 24 hr.

So where do you get your insider knowledge from?

Hopefully not by sitting in PS guest house and drinking beers?

Come on down and have a chat. P S Guest Horse is abuz with folks right off the beach walkway just waiting to give you an ear full.biggrin.png

How come nobody shows pictures of the lovely trash cans that the City has now placed all over the walkway? They apparently did not give any thought to the placement of trash cans after making the area more narrow. Now those stinking, filth-leaking trash cans are going to be in our face, and they will drip their cesspool poison all over the walkway. Bad planning.....FUBAR project.

How come nobody shows pictures of the lovely trash cans that the City has now placed all over the walkway? They apparently did not give any thought to the placement of trash cans after making the area more narrow. Now those stinking, filth-leaking trash cans are going to be in our face, and they will drip their cesspool poison all over the walkway. Bad planning.....FUBAR project.

One up for the rat lobby

One up for the rat lobby

They are not trash cans, they are miniature compost bins, they are making compost to fertilize the trees so they grow quicker and provide shade and stop the tree huggers whinging on and on about old growth shade trees or the lack thereof!!!

One up for the rat lobby

They are not trash cans, they are miniature compost bins, they are making compost to fertilize the trees so they grow quicker and provide shade and stop the tree huggers whinging on and on about old growth shade trees or the lack thereof!!!

News flash: The earth is flat, Thai girls do not want money for s$x, bears really do not like honey, the beaches in Pattaya-Jomtien are clean, there is massive shade now on the new walkway along Pattaya beach, the sun is now rising in the West and setting in the East, beer is no longer desired by any Brit, etc. :)

• Like 1

The large trash containers on beach road are still the same. They are used by tourist, beach operators and shop operators across the road. They mostly smell very bad even though they are emptied regular. I tend to hold my breath down wind from these stomach turning landmarks. Maybe 50 meters apart.

As far as I can see they are never cleaned. To control the smell this should be done regular and with something like a bleach. I would suggest complete removal from the road to another location for this cleaning. They could be replaced with a clean container as they are emptied.

Of course the trash going in sometimes smells but at least this could be reduced greatly. So all of you sanitation engineers please line up to make your suggestions.

The large trash containers on beach road are still the same. They are used by tourist, beach operators and shop operators across the road. They mostly smell very bad even though they are emptied regular. I tend to hold my breath down wind from these stomach turning landmarks. Maybe 50 meters apart.

As far as I can see they are never cleaned. To control the smell this should be done regular and with something like a bleach. I would suggest complete removal from the road to another location for this cleaning. They could be replaced with a clean container as they are emptied.

Of course the trash going in sometimes smells but at least this could be reduced greatly. So all of you sanitation engineers please line up to make your suggestions.

they dont smell too much if the lids are kept closed, but alot of people in Pattaya survive by collecting bottles and cans from these bins and usually leave them open after they go thru them, its a silly design anyway for regular tourists having to open the big lids to use them

It seems the new footpath is proving a hit with cyclists, and I dont mean those little shits that race down it on motorbikes threatening people. its not going to be wide enough, big mistake putting in the extra traffic jam lane, in my opinion.

It seems the new footpath is proving a hit with cyclists, and I dont mean those little shits that race down it on motorbikes threatening people. its not going to be wide enough, big mistake putting in the extra traffic jam lane, in my opinion.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/668630-un-whining-your-life/#entry6834786

• Like 1

It seems the new footpath is proving a hit with cyclists, you got something against them?

Question: Why can't the cyclists (ones on bicycles) ride on the new extra lane? - plenty of room. It is great to see more joggers and walkers enjoying the wider Beach Road walkway in the mornings and evenings. (I do not know what happens when one gets near Royal Garden where the pathway is only 2 meters wide...)

Edited by toenail

It seems the new footpath is proving a hit with cyclists, you got something against them?

You answered your own question. It's a FOOTpath, not a cycle path.

Yes its a foot path. So how about everyone here making a trip up to City Hall and complaining about it being also a motorbike path ! They are prohibiting motorbikes on Bangkok sidewalks now. So maybe there is a chance if enough people complain it could have an effect .

Edited by morrobay

Yes its a foot path. So how about everyone here making a trip up to City Hall and complaining about it being also a motorbike path ! They are prohibiting motorbikes on Bangkok sidewalks now. So maybe there is a chance if enough people complain it could have an effect .

Footpath, smootpath.........I went to Starbucks today near the RG Mall. Later I decided to cross the street and walk down the "footpath." It is such a FUBAR mess. Even on a cloudy day it is way, way too hot. The lack of shade is truly a negative. I did see a group of unfortunate Chinese tourists all huddling underneath one of the remaining trees that for some unknown reason they did not cut down (not knowing that in the past the entire footpath was shady). No, I have never seen any cyclists on it (maybe they way at the other end). No, I do not see more people. Where the trees have been massacred there seems to be almost no beach chair customers now (maybe because of the stormy weather). I noticed how close the trash cans, cars and buses now are to people walking on the footpath. FUBAR. Over to the "it is a wonderful project" brigade :)

This sun-drenched brick expanse stores the day's sunray heat and releases it after sundown.

It'll be very pleasant to walk and stay warm there during the coming ice-cold winter evenings/nights ... biggrin.png

(sarcasm addressed to the "it's a wonderful project" brigade ,,, smile.png )

Edited by jayceenik

This sun-drenched brick expanse stores the day's sunray heat and releases it after sundown.

It'll be very pleasant to walk and stay warm there during the coming ice-cold winter evenings/nights ... biggrin.png

(sarcasm addressed to the "it's a wonderful project" brigade ,,, smile.png )

Your picture is appropriate then, as the soi dogs like to lie on a warm surface at night, so no doubt the walkway will be the place for them soon.

im quite impressed with the widening although I guess it will look like shit in 12 months and need doing again. all the block paving on beach prom will fail as it has everywhere else in pattaya.

The widening has improved the passing of Central that used to slow down to a stand still

Still low season, please re-post in another month since the stand still by Central will return by then

So, what sort of seats do they have now?

The girls just squat on left over construction brick's & hold an old newspaper over there heads for shade!
So should all the tourist have to do the same?
Isn't it personal preference?

I myself won't be too keen on sitting on those low quality bricks, or as someone else suggested using an umbrella for shade!

On the bricks that they've laid, they haven't even grouted them in or secured them down!

Don't think it will be too long before there floating around in the brown sea.

Life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app