Accountant Wanted...

looking for an accountant ,who is familliar with canadian taxation laws...i am now living in thailand and need advice and help to reduce my withholding tax....i am now considered a nonres of canada..if anyone has any recomendations ...thanks...

Just some clues if can help. As far as litte as I know.

I assume you are talking about some revenues generated in Canada while you are leaving in Thailand.

If revenues are generated in Canada in principle you ought to pay local tax as canadian tax payer, regardless where you prefer to pass your time (Toronto or Patong beach).

Neverthless, it depends about the nature of this revenue, to determine what better you could do while leaving in Thailand.

If it consists of a salary or some type of compensation for a professional work that you might do in Thailand for some sort of organization in Canada, than you might create your own company in Thailand (since you are leaving here) and transfer those revenue in Thailand in the form of formal invoices issued by your company and paid by your "customer". In this scenario you do not even have to pay the Thai 7% Vat. You will pay to yourself a salary in Thailand (min 50.000 baht), you will leave a very limited profit wihin your Thai company, and thus eventually you will pay only your Thai personal income taxes, which are fairly low.

It is failry simple, but the final tax savings must justify the costs of such an operation (company creation and company administration costs, work permits, minimum salary for foreigner, other things, etc....).

This does not pretend to be a professional advise but just a possible clue to be invistigated further.