Air Asia Online Frustrator

T_Dog

Have tried to book Air Asia tickets twice in the last two years but it always crashes at the credit card approval step. No problem with other airlines so Bangkok Airways gets my business. Call the Air Asia call center and the tickets cost more even though it is their system causing the customer to call in. Is anyone minding the store at Air Asia taking care of their system problems? Geeeeez!

post-498-0-22641400-1364690138_thumb.png

It seems like their server(s) gets overwhelmed quite easily, especially when they launch promotions and specials.

In this case it looks like they could not get a reply on the CC verification.

You should contact them so that there are aware of your problem - obviously this is the only way they might know they are losing business.

Your experience is not uncommon based on a quick Google.

It seems like their server(s) gets overwhelmed quite easily, especially when they launch promotions and specials.

In this case it looks like they could not get a reply on the CC verification.

You should contact them so that there are aware of your problem - obviously this is the only way they might know they are losing business.

Your experience is not uncommon based on a quick Google.

Last time I contacted them they were not very helpful nor reasonable so I ended up with Bankok Airways. Things have changed for the better now though it seems. I just got off the phone with Air Asia and the girl recognized the problem immediately and booked my flight right there on the phone, no extra charge. That is definitely an improvement. I think you are right that they get overwhelmed fairly easily.

Air Asia surely lost a lot of business because of their lousy online payment system. It is an old problem they seem not to be able to solve. Too many times throughout the years, I helped customers to book Air Asia, everything fine and dandy, till the payment had to be made - credit card refused with no reason. Compare it with Orient Thai - if you come from say Estonia, a drop list with all Estonian banks appears, credit card accepted no problem.

Would they at all be aware of this problem?

I too have had credit-card problems with Air Asia, but feel that they've improved, in the past six months or so ?

I bank offshore in Jersey, which is part of the UK, as far as banks perceive it. So every time I tried to pay by MasterCard, I'd be asked to put in my UK-postcode for security-purposes, which living in Thailand I didn't have one. So payment would fail.

My bank used to tell me that many Thai retailers ran out-of-date software, so even though this problem is solved by newer versions, the payment-authorisation never actually reached them, having failed at an earlier stage. Nothing much they could do about it.

This could cause loss-of-face, when one's perfectly-good credit-card was rejected as 'blocked', in hotels & restaurants, and extreme frustration when trying to grab the latest 'bargain' on Air Asia.

But as I said, in the first line of my post, Air Asia seem to have fixed this fault now. thumbsup.gif

And About Bloody Time, Too ! wink.png

I am often grateful that Air Asia offers lower fares; however, I book on any other carrier if there is a comparable fare.

It just seems that Air Asia could be profitable by fixing it's website glitches and also by not using obnoxious add-on's on every page.

Nevertheless, I will put-up with their website incompetence if they offer a substantially lower fare.