Samsung Galaxy Note - How Much Can I Sell It For, Including Spigen Case? This Is Not A Classified.

MaiDong

I'm thinking about changing phones, I would just like to know how much I can expect to sell my Note for?

I bought it new, from the Samsung Shop in Central Pin Klaow, in June last year for B20,000, it's in good condition, it has a few scuffs around the edge which are concealed by the Spigen case I bought from the UK(B1,250), the screen is still pristine and is covered by an official Samsung film(the film which covers the front correclty - no odd gaps or cuts), it still works absolutely fine, just like the day I bought it.

I've checked on Thaivisa Classifieds for other Notes being sold but all the ads seem to be expired so I can't find an example price, what would people be willing to buy it for?

post-78826-0-07946000-1364728795_thumb.j

post-78826-0-64289300-1364728805_thumb.j

post-78826-0-05985700-1364728817_thumb.j

True, hence me asking :)

It's still worth 20k to me as it's exactly the same product as when I bought it, however, I can appreciate the depreciation...and how much it's worth to others considering it's a used product.

But still, I suppose I have to spell my question out; How much are 9 month old Notes selling for at the moment?

A new SGN1, from a full service retail store, is available for as little as 16,900 new, in box, while some box shops have it for 15,000. Second hand prices have even more downward pressure as there are even some SGN2's leaking into the trade-in market.

I think 8,000 wholesale and 11,000 retail might be the average second-hand SGN1 prices currently.

Edited by lomatopo

I bought a new one (ok, chinese copy) for 5000 baht. Just as good as the official one, but at a fraction of the price.

Phones, smart or otherwise, as not worth what most major manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, Apple) are asking for them. They are commodity consumer electronics and depreciate FAST.

I also bought a chinese copy of Note for 5k baht in Pantip Plaza last October. POS, screen went totally scrambled 3 months later. Tried to return to seller but only got "sorry, cannot do". Bought genuine Samsung Note for 15k baht, far better in every way.

I also bought a chinese copy of Note for 5k baht in Pantip Plaza last October. POS, screen went totally scrambled 3 months later. Tried to return to seller but only got "sorry, cannot do". Bought genuine Samsung Note for 15k baht, far better in every way.

Mine is working like a charm. ZERO problems.

If you like paying more for the brand name on the front, that is entirely your choice.

Mine is working like a charm. ZERO problems.

If you like paying more for the brand name on the front, that is entirely your choice.

But I suspect yours is just a copy in looks not specification. It is probably using a Mediatek chip set with just 4g memory... not the same at all. But as long as your happy :)

PS: does the GPS work on your note copy???

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Edited by thaicbr

I bought a Chinese copy of a Samsung tablet for my wife some months ago. It developed a problem with the charger plug the day after and the shop refused to deal with it. After a trip to City hall they eventually agreed to fix it free of charge, but the same thing happened a few weeks later and they again refused to accept responsibility. Cost of the tablet, about 2,500 baht. The look on their faces when I broke the tablet in front of them and walked away, leaving them to explain the story to watching customers: priceless.

Never again any of the cheap Chinese knock-off gadgets for me. There are some good, honest, inexpensive no-brand alternatives such as i-Mobile that are well worth the money, the Chinese copies aren't.

(edit: of course at a fraction of the price of an original Samsung tablet I was well aware that it was an inferior, fake product. I didn't expect it was going to be that inferior though).

• Like 1

ROFL lessons learned...

IMO those that convince themselves that they really are getting the same product except for way less money are delusional. And yeah I've met them; they don't notice/don't mind "little" issues like it's slow, the screen is crap, the software is different, it doesn't work all that well and at the end of the day it's little more than a plastic shell that kinda sorta looks like the real thing.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

True, hence me asking smile.png

It's still worth 20k to me as it's exactly the same product as when I bought it, however, I can appreciate the depreciation...and how much it's worth to others considering it's a used product.

But still, I suppose I have to spell my question out; How much are 9 month old Notes selling for at the moment?

No idea what its worth, but if its worth 20,000 to you then i suspect its not worth you selling it

I have a Note I bought just when it was launched here in Thailand and it have mostly been a very good phone.

My wife once accidently dropped on the floor in the house and the rear cover and battery fell out but it still worked fine.

Then here recently the original battery packed up and the phone started to act very strange but a couple of hard resets with the new battery got it back to normal.

I gonna keep mine until it "dies" it's not worth selling.

I might buy the Thai phone IQ6 which looks like a very good buy for about 8500 bath.

Samsung will soon launch some very interesting phones but I am not willing to pay Thai prices for one.