Where Is The Best Place To Buy Grow Bags

Hello All, I buy them from several ag stores here in Korat,

some shops have sample board showing sizes.

You can use dirt, or coir like several of us do with hydro.

I've been happy using them 12+ years in LOS.

Have 10 Black from Tula starts trying to survive the heat.

Ceramic pots keep the roots too warm.

rice555

Hello All, I use 8"x8'x12" for toms with coir/hydro. Mex-chilies 6"x 6"x 10"or12".

Using dirt/potting mixes you might want to use 2" larger and double bag if in a lot

of sun.

The potted plants are Jalors(yellow Jals) and 12 Black from Tula and 1 Burrell special.

I put them in a medium size bag till I transplant them to full size bags, they were in

a plug tray and drying out to fast, this way the will dry out as fast till TP.

Big bag is 10"x20". Small shops sell bags by the Kg. The wife's papaya which she

hasn't moved to the farm yet.

rice555

post-37242-0-93540600-1364892357_thumb.j

post-37242-0-90312700-1364892386_thumb.j

It's me, confused of Buriram.

For me growing bags are 40 or 50 liter compost filled sacks, you plant a tomato or two and they are supposed to have enough nourishment for a season. I buy freezer bags for potting up of large numbers of plants as shown above (not forgetting to pierce a hole).

OK OP, what do you really want? Plastic grow bags anywhere, how other members have been doing it right above this post. I'm as confused as cooked....

In Australia I would go buy a tray of hardened seedlings and plant them out. So what do you want?

Hello All, but is this a question for the farming forum or the plant and pet forum?

From wiki:

A growbag is a large plastic bag filled with a growing medium and used for growing plants. The growing medium is usually based on a soilless organicmaterial such as peat, coir, composted green waste, composted bark or composted wood chips, or a mixture of these. Various nutrients are added, sufficient for one season's growing, so frequently only planting and watering are required of the end-user. Planting is undertaken by first laying the bag flat on the floor or bench of the growing area, then cutting access holes in the uppermost surface, into which the plants are inserted.

Growbags were first produced in the 1970s for home use, but their use has since spread into market gardening and farming.[citation needed] They come in different sizes and formulations suited to specific crops.

Another source :

About growing bags

Despite only measuring 35cm x 95cm (13in x 37in), growing bags have enough space for three vegetable plants that will provide you with enough food for several meals over the summer. Plant two to three plants in each bag during spring.

Bags were traditionally used under glass and were introduced as an alternative to planting directly into greenhouse soil. Not having permanent borders meant the space could be used more efficiently throughout the year and plants would not become infected by soil-borne diseases. Today, they are still ideal for growing plants in the greenhouse, but are also perfect in a sunny spot outdoors.

Another source:

Thick, durable construction

• Low cost alternative to plastic nursery or ceramic pots
  • Used by commercial greenhouse growers for drip irrigation or top feed applications
  • When filled with media bags easily stand upright
  • Black Interior and White Exterior for superior performance, reflecting light back towards your garden.

From reading Wiki and from my personal use of grow bags, this is it in the first picture.they are either white, black or white/black with or without holes. What are being sold or marketed as grow bags as to saying a Ford. A Model T or a Mustang? What you see on the web or in gardining mags or landscape mags are only a key stroke away, but not in LOS. It is best to show a picture of what you want when asking for help. Pic #2 is Not a grow bag. #3 is I think what IA is talking about tomatoes without a bag. Pic # 5 & 6 are what I understood in the subject of the OP, also there some plastic pots being used. #6 is one of mine that got top heavy and fell over(they are OP tom's) in GB's in my drive way. #7, is this what your trying to find?????? The next 3 pic's are what are being avertized as GB's on gardening sites and the last pic you may try to get hold of some Big Bags from the BKK flood and make your own community garden/Vacant Lot garden. rice555

post-37242-0-85692400-1364937022_thumb.j

post-37242-0-16606900-1364937038_thumb.j

post-37242-0-46271500-1364937071_thumb.j

post-37242-0-47738500-1364937104_thumb.j

post-37242-0-84860100-1364937144_thumb.j

post-37242-0-38627000-1364937213_thumb.j

post-37242-0-83360000-1364937253_thumb.j

post-37242-0-57706300-1364937291_thumb.j

post-37242-0-45739300-1364937316_thumb.j

post-37242-0-42007700-1364937334_thumb.j

post-37242-0-99761100-1364937353_thumb.j

OK OP, what do you really want? Plastic grow bags anywhere, how other members have been doing it right above this post. I'm as confused as cooked....

In Australia I would go buy a tray of hardened seedlings and plant them out. So what do you want?

I want what cooked ( previous post ) said, but will take the suggestions given on board.

Thanks for the responses from all those that replied.

I'm new to the vegetable experience in Thailand, and we don't have any bare dirt to grow things in.

I come across a Thai grow, bag ,a farmer near me got a couple of feed bag filled them up with cow manure made holes in them ,to grow some veg,then he had problems, the bags where bio degradable, thay started to degrad then the rains come, all he had then was a wet soggie mess.but the idea was there.

I suppose if you went to Big C, got some black bin liners use, 2 with a compost/ manuar mix it could work .

I think it would work well for Thai pumkins,put it in a corner,the way thay spread out and thay love cow manure , the missses dose make a good pumkin and beef curry

Yours Reg

KS