Don't Forget, Power Goes Out On The 5Th For 2 Weeks

stevehaigh

Worried about power cuts !! we had 5 power cuts yesterday in mae hong son , as i type power off again , same everyday, some cuts minutes , some hours, you learn to live with it. !!bugger if no beers in the fridge!!

Allright i will buy 1 million I-phone batteries and spend a week charging them all.

crazy.gif Then i will sell them at B10000 a piece! Moewhahahahahahacrazy.gif

coffee1.gif If anyone chooses to do this i want .001% of the net profit....cool.png

Unfortunately the iPhone is such a crap design that it doesn't have an interchangeable battery. This could hamper your sales.

• Like 1

How much electricity is imported from Burma and how much can Thailand compensate of this by burning more coal or gas?

It's not the electricity itself, but LNG from a Total gas field in Myanmar, and who exports nearly all of it's LNG to Thailand. Total have a planned 2 week shutdown for essential maintenance beginning in a couple of days, hence the lack of gas to replenish Thai stocks. Will all be down to how clever the Thais have been for the last few months in building up stocks as this shutdown has been known about for quite a few months.

Isn't essential maintenance done after something breaks down whistling.gif

Not necessarily, that's breakdown maintenance. These planned shutdowns are normally inspection driven, with essential replacement of plant and equipment that can only be undertaken whilst the plant is pressure and hydrocarbon free. No oil and gas production facility ever shuts down unless it's 'essential', and Total will want to get the facilities up and running again asap.

oil ang gas facilities shutdowns are driven by a countries' and a company regulations. of course emergency shutdowns happen, too.