What To Do Against Noisy Neighbours?

asiasurfer

This is Thailand, people have the right to make a living and the sounds, smells and sights are what sets a country like this apart.

This is not a retirement home, like cranky no life boomers have turned so many places in the west into.

This is not a quiet country, people work at home, that's how come it so cheap to get your motto fixed..

I am a sound sensitive person like you, I hate roosters, I like quiet, but I know that is because of the isolation I had as a baby, see people that are used to noise have no problems with it.

You should keep moving, the neighborhood does not owe you quiet, but you owe it to not try to make people stressed just for living their lives, your going to get smacked if you ask for it.

They aren't trying to piss you off they are trying to do what their life needs them to do, work and party.. welcome to real living people land.

• Like 2

Sometimes complaining gets taken a bit serious.

I workout a lot usually around 19.00 and for about an hour. I have some music on (must have been too loud) and the neighbours called the police on me. Police came but did not want to do anything about it. Wife was not happy that the neighbours did not say a thing before so i could do something about it.

But it was nothing extreme and well within the time you can make sound but she liked to sleep at 20.00. Anyway i made sure music was a bit less loud and bought some extra rubber mats. Not that the police could do something but did not want to stir up trouble. Anyway if i really would have wanted to make trouble i would have told her about the 2 years she operated a shop next to our house and disturbed our rest early morning. But I did not and so far no complaints anymore. Police did say that the lady was crazy and should have talked with us first and that the time i worked out was not bad. Even though she wanted me to change it.

So yes at some places sound is taken serious by police and they will come.

Must be something about crazy lady neighbours. I'm also blessed with one, who talks to herself all day, and has 3 dogs carrying on at all hours.

Yes,I've spoken to her about the dogs, and she gave me the wise advice of returning to my own country! At least there are laws there about noisy dogs, and a maximum of two!

However, moving is high on the list, but only a few km! wai2.gif

I workout a lot usually around 19.00 and for about an hour. I have some music on (must have been too loud) and the neighbours called the police on me. Police came but did not want to do anything about it. Wife was not happy that the neighbours did not say a thing before so i could do something about it.

But it was nothing extreme and well within the time you can make sound but she liked to sleep at 20.00. Anyway i made sure music was a bit less loud and bought some extra rubber mats. Not that the police could do something but did not want to stir up trouble. Anyway if i really would have wanted to make trouble i would have told her about the 2 years she operated a shop next to our house and disturbed our rest early morning. But I did not and so far no complaints anymore. Police did say that the lady was crazy and should have talked with us first and that the time i worked out was not bad. Even though she wanted me to change it.

Instead of being irritating for your neihghtbours, wake up, buy cheap headphones and have all the music you like... Why disturb all other people.....egoistic in my mind, completely egoistisc..

Glegolo

If you rent move.

If you own, set up the the same type of business and soon all the neighbours will be repairing cars and bikes at the front of their house. Then sell at a profit of business and accomodation.

Or just contact the authorities, this will put them on the radar and at least get the place tidy, but probably not quiet if done during business hours.

Instead of being irritating for your neihghtbours, wake up, buy cheap headphones and have all the music you like... Why disturb all other people.....egoistic in my mind, completely egoistisc..

Glegolo

Yes old-timer you should have read the topic and seen what i did after found that i disturbed others. I bought double rubber mats and turned my music down. I bought some headphones and make sure i use them if i want loud music.

After your first assumption that i lived in Pattaya and then the assumption I did not know anything about the real Thailand while i live among Thais here and speak with them and have good relations with all my other neighbors the ones that talk with me that is. These never did moved in after me and were a nuisance to the street. Having 3 cars blocking the road ect, making much more noise as me early mornings with a shop (that stopped). So even though they were a nuisance I took my measures as i don't like bothering people.

Now you go back and hide old timer as you have suggested to do while us that live in the real Thailand and don't fear our neighbors talk with them or even have the police solve problems.

If you don't believe me i can give a link to the topic about this noise of mine and my response to it.

Now go spit your venom somewhere else..

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Glegolo

Yes old-timer you should have read the topic and seen what i did after found that i disturbed others. I bought double rubber mats and turned my music down. I bought some headphones and make sure i use them if i want loud music.

After your first assumption that i lived in Pattaya and then the assumption I did not know anything about the real Thailand while i live among Thais here and speak with them and have good relations with all my other neighbors the ones that talk with me that is. These never did moved in after me and were a nuisance to the street. Having 3 cars blocking the road ect, making much more noise as me early mornings with a shop (that stopped). So even though they were a nuisance I took my measures as i don't like bothering people.

Now you go back and hide old timer as you have suggested to do while us that live in the real Thailand and don't fear our neighbors talk with them or even have the police solve problems.

If you don't believe me i can give a link to the topic about this noise of mine and my response to it.

really well reasoned and thoughtful post, send the guy a pm next time please.

Glegolo

It is not venom, just think BEFORE you play your loud music. It is not that complecated really.....Your reaction tells me that you probably are not that easy to live with... sorry about that

Glegolo

Glegolo

It is not venom, just think BEFORE you play your loud music. It is not that complecated really.....Your reaction tells me that you probably are not that easy to live with... sorry about that

Glegolo

Your reaction in this topic shows me your scared to death of Thais, I am not I live between them and communicate. If there are problems we mention them, no problems were mentioned to me about the sound. It was not that loud the lady was just crazy wanting to sleep at 20.00. At that time normal sounds are allowed, the music was not that loud no louder as normal TV's. It also was just a 4-5 nights a week for just an hour.. nothing special with that.

You are scared to death to take any action, I am not and if people have reasonable complaints i will act on it. That it the way it should be. Thais are not aliens often you can reason with them. I have asked my other neighbors about the sound and according to them there was no problem. These neighbors are the pest of the street and just don't talk.

When the police came the took my side.. as it was not late and normal sounds plus that people should complain first and try to work it out. So I live in the real Thailand have real experience while you just hide away.

If there is a problem just talk to the neighbors then you can always escalate it later, there is a law here and sure sometimes it can go wrong.. but more often then not action will help. Much wiser as all the petty revenge things here that are advertised.

• Like 1

Basic fact is, in general, Farangs are terrified of Thais, male or female, again, I put it down to one reason, the Farangs came to Thailand when they were already old, therefore petrified of anyone.

The local Thai guys love this.

When we were house hunting the realitor took us to a beautiful house two story nice yard great view of the mountains at a excellent price . Well after looking a few minutes we figuired out what the issues were a paint and body shop no more than five feet from the house on the other side of the fence. The grinders started and the hammering and we just shook our heads and walked out . The house was empty then and still is a year and a half later ... Im sure the body shop came after the house because no one in the right mind would have built there ..

• Like 1

Glegolo

Glegolo

Your reaction in this topic shows me your scared to death of Thais, I am not I live between them and communicate. If there are problems we mention them, no problems were mentioned to me about the sound. It was not that loud the lady was just crazy wanting to sleep at 20.00. At that time normal sounds are allowed, the music was not that loud no louder as normal TV's. It also was just a 4-5 nights a week for just an hour.. nothing special with that.

You are scared to death to take any action, I am not and if people have reasonable complaints i will act on it. That it the way it should be. Thais are not aliens often you can reason with them. I have asked my other neighbors about the sound and according to them there was no problem. These neighbors are the pest of the street and just don't talk.

When the police came the took my side.. as it was not late and normal sounds plus that people should complain first and try to work it out. So I live in the real Thailand have real experience while you just hide away.

If there is a problem just talk to the neighbors then you can always escalate it later, there is a law here and sure sometimes it can go wrong.. but more often then not action will help. Much wiser as all the petty revenge things here that are advertised.

Sorry mr cityboy who lives in the outskirts of Bangkok. I am not empressed at all. I live up in Isaan, and I am not especially afraid. But I must admit that I am a bit hesitant to have a full sociallife with thaipeople.

I live my life involving my thaifamily with relatives and direct neightbours plus all my falangfriends... So that is fine... But reading many of the posts here I do understand without any doubts that it is not any well experienced guys that is posting...

I think that a healthful respect for these thais is good for all parties, as you know that thai´s, especially thaiguys, do not care for us falangs so much, and would rather get rid of us I think... So Mr who is living in the real Thailand good luck, and take it easy, you english guys are not the worlds center any more, even though you are well loved up in Scandinavia where i come from..

Glegolo

• Like 1

es old-timer you should have read the topic and seen what i did after found that i disturbed others. I bought double rubber mats and turned my music down. I bought some headphones and make sure i use them if i want loud music.

Glegolo

Glegolo

Sorry mr cityboy who lives in the outskirts of Bangkok. I am not empressed at all. I live up in Isaan, and I am not especially afraid. But I must admit that I am a bit hesitant to have a full sociallife with thaipeople.

I live my life involving my thaifamily with relatives and direct neightbours plus all my falangfriends... So that is fine... But reading many of the posts here I do understand without any doubts that it is not any well experienced guys that is posting...

I think that a healthful respect for these thais is good for all parties, as you know that thai´s, especially thaiguys, do not care for us falangs so much, and would rather get rid of us I think... So Mr who is living in the real Thailand good luck, and take it easy, you english guys are not the worlds center any more, even though you are well loved up in Scandinavia where i come from..

Glegolo

Thanks, but I am Dutch. again a wrong assumption about me.

I have contact with other Thais, not relatives when I go fishing. I am not terrified of Thais, they are just normal people. Sure there are some dangerous ones around but I wont live in fear. You seem to worry too much but maybe if i was your age and such i would too. Do you actually speak Thai ? makes communication a lot easier. Thais don't have a problem with farangs, they don't care for us but in general dont hate us.

But please live in fear.. its your choice.

robblok

I have contact with other Thais, not relatives when I go fishing. I am not terrified of Thais, they are just normal people. Sure there are some dangerous ones around but I wont live in fear. You seem to worry too much but maybe if i was your age and such i would too. Do you actually speak Thai ? makes communication a lot easier. Thais don't have a problem with farangs, they don't care for us but in general dont hate us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have now 2 times talked about age, is that a big thing for you? You obviously are so afraid of age that you do not even dare to give that information in your profile, strange!!! Anyhow so you are planning later on in life to be more scared than you are now..... Not good... Please relax, life is not so bad after all....

For me I do not find myself to be living in fear... I have it quite OK here. A lot of nice people around me, so i cannot complain too much really.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

robblok

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have now 2 times talked about age, is that a big thing for you? You obviously are so afraid of age that you do not even dare to give that information in your profile, strange!!! Anyhow so you are planning later on in life to be more scared than you are now..... Not good... Please relax, life is not so bad after all....

For me I do not find myself to be living in fear... I have it quite OK here. A lot of nice people around me, so i cannot complain too much really.

Glegolo

Glegolo,

Yes age is a big thing for me as you seem to be real affraid and i checked your age 61 (almost my fathers age bit younger) so it confirmed what i thought.

I think with age comes some fear yes as the body is less strong as before and a confrontation could have bad consequences. Thing is you acted real scared by interacting with Thai males that are not related to you. You seemed to be affraid of complaining about noise, sure in some cases (group of drunk guys) it might not be the most sensible thing to do. However if they are your neighbors you can often work things out.

I just don't want to be as afraid as you to tell someone there is a problem. A while back i had send an UPS to be fixed got a call it was done. I go there and they said no UPS, i told them to check again as they called me and I came there specifically for that item. Still no sigar, i told them that i was real displeased with this as they obviously did not look good enough. Guy did not like it one bit, but checked again and came back with my UPS.. major loss of face for the guy but all of this was in Thai of course without the gf present. I am a bit more confrontational (never violence i hate that) then most but only when i think something is wrong.

I have found that talking to Thais helps a lot and if you speak their language just a bit they are not bad at all even if you have to bring them bad news. I also feel its often better to do it yourself then let the gf wife do it (you earn more respect that way). Of course I don't always do that as my Thai is not good enough for everything.

But you mad a lot of assumptions about me all mistaken, about me not caring taking action, about how loud it was, about my nationality ect ect. Your way of base with most of your posting.

Its good you got nice people around you, so do i for the most part except those crazy neighbors that complained about almost non existent noise. Still I did my best to get it even better. But with all the neighbors i got good conversation say hello chit chat and such but those seem to isolate themselves. You cant please everyone that is a fact of life.

I still feel Thai males are not a threat, and can be reasoned with (with certain exceptions) also still believe that police and others can help (not always but worth a try)

Glegolo,

Yes age is a big thing for me as you seem to be real affraid and i checked your age 61 (almost my fathers age bit younger) so it confirmed what i thought.

I think with age comes some fear yes as the body is less strong as before and a confrontation could have bad consequences. Thing is you acted real scared by interacting with Thai males that are not related to you. You seemed to be affraid of complaining about noise, sure in some cases (group of drunk guys) it might not be the most sensible thing to do. However if they are your neighbors you can often work things out.

I just don't want to be as afraid as you to tell someone there is a problem. A while back i had send an UPS to be fixed got a call it was done. I go there and they said no UPS, i told them to check again as they called me and I came there specifically for that item. Still no sigar, i told them that i was real displeased with this as they obviously did not look good enough. Guy did not like it one bit, but checked again and came back with my UPS.. major loss of face for the guy but all of this was in Thai of course without the gf present. I am a bit more confrontational (never violence i hate that) then most but only when i think something is wrong.

I have found that talking to Thais helps a lot and if you speak their language just a bit they are not bad at all even if you have to bring them bad news. I also feel its often better to do it yourself then let the gf wife do it (you earn more respect that way). Of course I don't always do that as my Thai is not good enough for everything.

But you mad a lot of assumptions about me all mistaken, about me not caring taking action, about how loud it was, about my nationality ect ect. Your way of base with most of your posting.

Its good you got nice people around you, so do i for the most part except those crazy neighbors that complained about almost non existent noise. Still I did my best to get it even better. But with all the neighbors i got good conversation say hello chit chat and such but those seem to isolate themselves. You cant please everyone that is a fact of life.

I still feel Thai males are not a threat, and can be reasoned with (with certain exceptions) also still believe that police and others can help (not always but worth a try)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robblok!!

i like the way you write now, not so aggressive at all. One thing I should like to comment in your writing. And that is your assumption that all old people are more scared in life!!! I know that you are correct what regards quite a few of them (us). But I have also noted the lack of confidence and courage in younger people as well, I might say!!

People that quickly turn into violence as soon as they lack arguments. I think THAT is not courage and is plain stupidness. And what people generally is it that do that??? Yonger people..... still learning about life and lack experience that can take them forward!!!

Compare life in Thailand between a guy living in a suburb of Bangkok with a guy living up in isaan is just plain stupid, it is not at all the same thing.. You can get away with your wrong choices in life much more easily down south in the big city amongst thai that are adapted much more to the western way of life,

Up here in Isaan, I say good luck with that confrontational behavior. Speak your thai, adapt all you can, all your life, BUT YOU ARE STILL A FALANG... never forget that..... Thai never forget that.

You are and will always be a foreigner, and you have no name, you have no country, you have no language of your own, you have no past, no future and you do not even deserve a big letter in front of what you are, A falang...

The rest of what you see is an illusion.........

Glegolo

Glegolo,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robblok!!

i like the way you write now, not so aggressive at all. One thing I should like to comment in your writing. And that is your assumption that all old people are more scared in life!!! I know that you are correct what regards quite a few of them (us). But I have also noted the lack of confidence and courage in younger people as well, I might say!!

People that quickly turn into violence as soon as they lack arguments. I think THAT is not courage and is plain stupidness. And what people generally is it that do that??? Yonger people..... still learning about life and lack experience that can take them forward!!!

Compare life in Thailand between a guy living in a suburb of Bangkok with a guy living up in isaan is just plain stupid, it is not at all the same thing.. You can get away with your wrong choices in life much more easily down south in the big city amongst thai that are adapted much more to the western way of life,

Up here in Isaan, I say good luck with that confrontational behavior. Speak your thai, adapt all you can, all your life, BUT YOU ARE STILL A FALANG... never forget that..... Thai never forget that.

You are and will always be a foreigner, and you have no name, you have no country, you have no language of your own, you have no past, no future and you do not even deserve a big letter in front of what you are, A falang...

The rest of what you see is an illusion.........

Glegolo

Maybe you are right about Isarn I will take your word for that as I dont live there so I cant really comment.

Here the fact that I am a foreigner counts.. but when the transgression by the Thai is clear they won't pin it on me.

What you write sounds real bad, I would not want to live like that. Anyway I do understand as foreigners we do have a big problem with staying here but I just don't feel its as grim as you write. If its that grim why stay.

Of course i take precautions like having a dash cam in the car, but honestly the uncle of my gf got into an accident and relieved of much of his money too. I doubt its always farang vs Thai.. its person vs person (but your at a disadvantage as a farang but not as much as you write).

I have been in contact with the police on a few times and always treated fairly. I was in an accident where i was part to blame but the other cars could not blame me as they were to close to each other . and they got fined and had to pay their own damages for not keeping distance. They could have easily put that on me too if they wanted. I still believe fairness rules but not always so it pays to take precautions.. but i feel its not as bad as you write.. If it was that bad id be gone already.

This is Thailand, people have the right to make a living and the sounds, smells and sights are what sets a country like this apart.

This is not a retirement home, like cranky no life boomers have turned so many places in the west into.

This is not a quiet country, people work at home, that's how come it so cheap to get your motto fixed..

I am a sound sensitive person like you, I hate roosters, I like quiet, but I know that is because of the isolation I had as a baby, see people that are used to noise have no problems with it.

You should keep moving, the neighborhood does not owe you quiet, but you owe it to not try to make people stressed just for living their lives, your going to get smacked if you ask for it.

They aren't trying to piss you off they are trying to do what their life needs them to do, work and party.. welcome to real living people land.

You apparently don't understand the concept of "living together in a community". I am neither retired nor do I stop people from having fun. But I'm having a problem with people making noise until 2 am in the morning especially if I have to wake up at 6 am! Coming back to the "garage" opposite my house: It stinks as well! If you think that shouldn't be an issue then please try for one night to sleep next to an open bucket of some thinning agent... sick.gif

Basic fact is, in general, Farangs are terrified of Thais, male or female, again, I put it down to one reason, the Farangs came to Thailand when they were already old, therefore petrified of anyone.

The local Thai guys love this.

and if you are attacked by a woman, you can be charged for defending yourself. The same Thai logic that if you help an accident victim, you can be blamed/charged.

Save yourself a lot of time and agravation: Move.

Save yourself a lot of time and agravation: Move.

I did not move and the shop had to move after some neighbours complained to the tessaban and the police.-.In another case loud music was played behind our house police came once music stopped started again police came a second time and as the music was still very loud police came a third time and told the neighbour they do not want to waste their time and come again this was finally understood no more loud music.The tessabancan ask a motorbike shop to move because of noise and air pollution in special areas.Try first to contact them before moving.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Never buy, only rent, problems like this aren't worth getting blood pressure up, easiest to solve by simply moving on to greener pastures.

if you are married andhaving build a house on the land of your wife since many years long before the source of the noise started moving on is not an option.As I said problem was solved by the police and tesaban

Never buy, only rent, problems like this aren't worth getting blood pressure up, easiest to solve by simply moving on to greener pastures.

if you are married andhaving build a house on the land of your wife since many years long before the source of the noise started moving on is not an option.As I said problem was solved by the police and tesaban

This has all been aired previously several times on various threads. Not buying a house INCLUDES not building one for the little darling. Of course, if she wants to pay for it, not a problem, LOL.

Thailand is famous for noisy people moving in next door.

I'm married to a Thai lady, and nothing on this earth would induce me to pay MY money to build her a house that I have ZERO rights to.

• Like 1

This has all been aired previously several times on various threads. Not buying a house INCLUDES not building one for the little darling. Of course, if she wants to pay for it, not a problem, LOL.

Thailand is famous for noisy people moving in next door.

I'm married to a Thai lady, and nothing on this earth would induce me to pay MY money to build her a house that I have ZERO rights to.

-

What he said. I can never understand the logic of it, if I were to lease - or even buy - a nice sailing yacht, why would I let where it was built influence where I wanted to go sail it?

I'd only build a house for my teelac - especially out in nakhon nowhere - if it was like .01% of my net worth and I felt she'd already fully earned it as an outright gift, and I was basically all done with her, since she'd never be living in it with me if it was anywhere near her family.

• Like 1

Reminds me of something, i got a bb gun just for fun. Later the neighbor in question asked the gf's brother how i could own a gun. Must have been watching my home or whatever as i never bring it out. Seems some people just love watching others.

Reminds me of something, i got a bb gun just for fun. Later the neighbor in question asked the gf's brother how i could own a gun. Must have been watching my home or whatever as i never bring it out. Seems some people just love watching others.

Surprised they asked about your gun. I read on this forum recently that it's the 3rd largest gun-owning country on the planet. (per capita maybe)

and here's what happens when kids are exposed to even 4 years of guns and shootings on the TV...

cleardot.gif

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/boy-6-shot-by-4-year-old-in-us/story-fndir2ev-1226616887305

I have found that holding a toy gun and shouting in my most deranged Mancunian (Manchester, England) accent.

"The next one of you make a sound or touches a device that makes a sound and I'll execute every last mother <deleted> one of you, you have 10 seconds to turn that <deleted> off before I start shooting off my weapon".

It obviously doesnt work, but you get your point accross where by the Thais turn their music down and you can get some sleep.

It helps if they know you though and are fairly reasonable terms.

What's your point anyway?

I find the sniping strange.

I agree that one should not live anticipating conflict, including either a habitual stance of fear or aggression.

But those that have seen a lot of water under the bridge come and go over the years here know that our situational awareness is greatly impaired by the fact that we are outsiders and can't rely on law & order to protect us.

If you happen to take the wrong aggressive stance - even if it just a defensive one and "right" is on your side - against the wrong sort of person here, then bad things can happen to you and no one will ever know the truth.

Obviously living in shady locations or being mixed up in shady business will increase the odds of this, but it can also happen at random anywhere.

So not out of fear but plain practical common sense, I find it better to tread lightly and simply move on to greener pastures if I run up against situations I don't like rather than trying to exert my will against people that basically I don't even want or need to deal with in my life at all.

Which ability is the key reason to not put down roots anywhere, least of all near your SO's family. Unless you plan to become a satellite adjunct to their power structures and are willing to give up a lot of control over your life than what's I like for myself.

I find the sniping strange.

I agree that one should not live anticipating conflict, including either a habitual stance of fear or aggression.

But those that have seen a lot of water under the bridge come and go over the years here know that our situational awareness is greatly impaired by the fact that we are outsiders and can't rely on law & order to protect us.

If you happen to take the wrong aggressive stance - even if it just a defensive one and "right" is on your side - against the wrong sort of person here, then bad things can happen to you and no one will ever know the truth.

Obviously living in shady locations or being mixed up in shady business will increase the odds of this, but it can also happen at random anywhere.

So not out of fear but plain practical common sense, I find it better to tread lightly and simply move on to greener pastures if I run up against situations I don't like rather than trying to exert my will against people that basically I don't even want or need to deal with in my life at all.

Which ability is the key reason to not put down roots anywhere, least of all near your SO's family. Unless you plan to become a satellite adjunct to their power structures and are willing to give up a lot of control over your life than what's I like for myself.

Been here a while too and the law never treated me unfair here. Maybe I live in an other Thailand as you.

Do agree about not living near SO family.

I am not an outsider here and get along with the people and some side with me in the past so what you say is not always true.

I do agree we are more likely to get into trouble but not that much more either.