Bum Gun Blues

phuketsub

I bought an all stainless steel one, head and hose,. sorry but manufactures sticker is gone. I did have to shop around to find it, as l recall it was a well known manufacturer. smile.png

Here it is, made by VRH, Thailand.

post-41816-0-37422700-1365313899_thumb.j thumbsup.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an all stainless steel one, head and hose,. sorry but manufactures sticker is gone. I did have to shop around to find it, as l recall it was a well known manufacturer. smile.png

attachicon.gifbumgun.jpg thumbsup.gif

SU or Holley carburettors? huh.png

• Like 1

I think in a lot of Western countries, the water coming out of a bum gun would be pretty cold on the back side.

cold water prevents hemorrhoids (no joke!) and is preferable to underwear with skid marks.

SU or Holley carburettors? huh.png

Forget SU. w00t.gif .....................................laugh.png

Mine's too close to the pump I want to reduce the pressure. Where can I find a pressure reducer?

Wound't the easiest way to buy and install an valve, which is not fully open? It does not reduce the end pressure, but it will reduce the pressure difference when opening and closing the bum gun valve - that's the force which breaks the plastics and rubber o-rings.

Looks like something out of Star Wars. Pretty sure I saw Princess Laya or Jabbta the Hut using that.

Mine's too close to the pump I want to reduce the pressure. Where can I find a pressure reducer?

Wound't the easiest way to buy and install an valve, which is not fully open? It does not reduce the end pressure, but it will reduce the pressure difference when opening and closing the bum gun valve - that's the force which breaks the plastics and rubber o-rings.

I can do that if it works.

I can do that if it works.

That should work as an pressure reducer.

What I said about not reducing the end pressure, I meant static pressure when the bum shower is not being used. On open system, the pressure will equalize and the pressure will be the same everywhere in the pipes which are on the same height.

I remember in Egypt they had a different system, a thin metal pipe inside the toilet bowl pointing towards your exit facility, you had to turn a valve to operate it. Not an extremely hygienical system.

I remember in Egypt they had a different system, a thin metal pipe inside the toilet bowl pointing towards your exit facility, you had to turn a valve to operate it. Not an extremely hygienical system.

Japan is the master of toilets. They produce toilets which are sometimes better reading places than sofas. The toilets have cleaning, drying, massages and the best - heated toilet seat! All remote controlled.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/0jXlIUoQHgfGjINolAeqqdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

My bum still longs for that heated treat..

Holy shit (pun intended)! This thread has taken on a life of its own. May just be worthy of its own Forum here on TV.

TV Forum: The Venerable Bum Gun
And its sub-forums:
Streams: Squirt or Gush?
The Art of the Aim: Keeping Walls & Clothes Clean
Water Temps and Hemorrhoids
Alternate Diversions: Skeet (mozzie) Shooting, Dental Water Pic
Aftermath: Wipe & Fluff Strategies
Mods: take notice! whistling.gif
  • Like 2

Good grief...

I worked three jobs...put myself through uni....started my own business....worked 24/7 for 20 years so I could retire in my forties.

And here I am living large in Thailand and spending my Sunday evening reading about bum guns...

If anyone is available to dash over to my place and top me...please PM me...

You're joining the club late

Good grief...

I worked three jobs...put myself through uni....started my own business....worked 24/7 for 20 years so I could retire in my forties.

And here I am living large in Thailand and spending my Sunday evening reading about bum guns...

Holy shit (pun intended)! This thread has taken on a life of its own. May just be worthy of its own Forum here on TV.

TV Forum: The Venerable Bum Gun
And its sub-forums:
Streams: Squirt or Gush?
The Art of the Aim: Keeping Walls & Clothes Clean
Water Temps and Hemorrhoids
Alternate Diversions: Skeet (mozzie) Shooting, Dental Water Pic
Aftermath: Wipe & Fluff Strategies
Mods: take notice! whistling.gif

LOL! You guys gave me a good laugh! I don't know if I want to follow a pinned topic on this subject though!

Edited by Jimi007

Good grief...

That's what we call an reality check. To figure out what really matters.

Plumbers, they know their shit.

Good grief...

That's what we call an reality check. To figure out what really matters.

Plumbers, they know their shit.

Yes, and we all, except some Thai civil engineers, knows it flows down hill!

Huh, mine is over 7 years old, never replaced a thing.

Then that's the one I want...what brand is it?

It's a Cotto brand.

I just had my Cotto give out after over 5 years. Was in a rush and bought a cheaper replacement. Will see if I regret it.

This one you can take apart if muck gets in the shut off valve. Well, thats what l was told biggrin.png , five years on nooooo probs. thumbsup.gif

I'm back in UK for a while and by heck i ain't half missing me bum gun, so much more hygenic and a darn sight cleaner, just don't understand why houses here aren't fitted with them. Something so simple yet so effective....you can clear a full roll of Andrex the morning after a curry and Guiness night!!!

Funny you mention that. I was talking with a friend in the US about that and he brought on back with him. He installed it but the water is too cold! You'd need a mixture of hot and cold water going to it. Makes sense when you think about it.

Coil the cold pipe around the hot pipe.. The heat transfer works just right at my mums place in the uk..

> Mine's too close to the pump I want to reduce the pressure. Where can I find a pressure reducer?

I know what you mean, it can really bring tears to your eyes.

Most Plumber supplies will sell you a pressure reducer normally on the input to HWS tanks.

Looks like the reducer on a LPG bottle.

I've seen quite small ones that you could screw into the wall fitting.

....... enjoy

Edited by jackflash

I've not had one that "leaks". The "leakage" is usually water that has simply splashed back from the target onto the nozzle and the hand holding it. With regard to the coldness of the water in more northerly climes, it shouldn't be a problem if the gun is used for just a couple of quick blasts (which should be all that's needed), since the water you use will have been in the hose and the pipes inside the house and therefore at indoor temperature.

Fitted all my North American rental properties. . . . and my own digs, of course.

A Uruguayan overnight guest of some years acquaintance once remarked as she emerged from the facilities,

"Señor Brasco. I ang both surprised and delighted that the cibilizationg has finally come to your part of the world.

Trust me honey, you dong wanna know what a girl is talking about when she says she's going to freshen up in a place without one of these or a bidet."

• Like 1