Need Advice Please...1St O Visa App With View To Obtaining Marriage Visa

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me asking for help/ advice in my first post here.

As a result of an incapacity, I am no longer able to do my work in the UK and my employers have just terminated my employment ...just 8 months before I retire.

I don't mind too much, because it means my wife and I will finally be together., thereby making the dream a reality albeit with less money than I had planned for.

The bottom line is, any money I do have now, will quickly get eaten up in the UK with the expensive living expenses etc. so it is essential for me to move fairly quickly and come to Thai.

I do have a Thai Bank with the required 400k in it but I am unsure of which visa i need to apply for.

• 'O' visa - single entry or
  • 'O' visa - multiple entry ?

I understand that to apply for a marriage visa, you need to do this just before the expiry of the 'O' visa and it will if granted be dated from your original entry date for a 12 month stay .. I understand also this can be renewed without having to leave Thai

Can I apply at the immigration office at Khon kaen?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Graham

As you have the money, in your name only (I hope) already available a single entry non immigrant O visa is what you should apply for using marriage certificate and copy of wife ID/Home register. During the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you visit Khon Kaen immigration with wife/bank passbook/letter of account balance from manager and the normal marriage extension of stay paperwork listed in many threads here or on Google (best to ask just before you do to get latest information).

A Rough Guide.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

As you have the money, in your name only (I hope) already available a single entry non immigrant O visa is what you should apply for using marriage certificate and copy of wife ID/Home register. During the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you visit Khon Kaen immigration with wife/bank passbook/letter of account balance from manager and the normal marriage extension of stay paperwork listed in many threads here or on Google (best to ask just before you do to get latest information).

Many thanks for your speedy response .. Now I can go get my Visa, now i know which one to get.

Thanks again

A Rough Guide.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Rough Guide?

Seams very detailed and very informative to me. thank you so much.

Rough Guide?

Here's my check list for Samui Immigrations.

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Rough Guide?

Here's my check list for Samui Immigrations.

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai)

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

I was under the impression that the combined income of both the spouses must be above 40,000. Sometimes my monthly income is under 40K, sometimes it's much higher, so that's another issue...is it an average of 40K per month for the year or does every month need to be above 40K? If they include my wife's income then we're at around 65-70 total. If not, then I need to cross my fingers it's the average and not every month.

Also, the last time I brought the immigration my embassy paperwork, the guy said, "I don't care about this, this is not good for anything." I told him that I wish I would have known this as I wouldn't have went to my embassy and wasted $50 or whatever it was. He just shrugged his shoulders. He sounds like the same guy that has been giving several others a hassle. The lady that I dealt with in the past is easy to deal with, this last guy was a pain in the a**. I've been here for 17 years and have had a marriage visa for probably 8 or 9 of those years, a media visa for 5 or 6 and tourist visas for the rest of the time. It definitely seems like immigration is cracking down, which I don't mind, but I don't always have 400K at my disposal to stick in an account. That worries me a little.

Edited by ScottMallon

The money has to be yours only and if from outside Thailand it is what you/embassy put as your monthly gross income. Embassy should even it out and it should be accepted; although they can ask to see some supporting paperwork so have something with you in case asked.

The money has to be yours only and if from outside Thailand it is what you/embassy put as your monthly gross income. Embassy should even it out and it should be accepted; although they can ask to see some supporting paperwork so have something with you in case asked.

Thanks. I've never used her income before but with the income I show in the United States and the income I show in Thailand I should be able to pull it off....hopefully.

You cannot use your wife's income according to the written rules.

For your income earned in Thailand you would have to show tax payments and a work permit.

Some immigration offices ask for back up proof of income shown on document from embassy. The best thing for this is a bank book showing regular foreign funds transfer in to the account.