Wet Stuff Comming Finally

stevehaigh

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and wet in Patong smile.png

That opens the door for some one liners........

Not quite a one liner, but the wife said to me this morning "I'm so wet, give it to me, give it to me!!!" "No chance, it's my umbrella."biggrin.png

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1

Extreme weather this year. June/July, practically never saw the sun here in Khao Lak, and rain positively every day. Tourists coming out of the hotels when the rain stops or becomes less for a bit, the colors of the hotel umbrellas tell me where they are staying. Sometimes passing them by, I feel like rolling down the car window, and shouting at them: "And, do you enjoy your cheap package tour?".

See & hear people heading out to 'the islands' this morning in the torrential rain - lets see how many more boats get sunk & rescued this week!

Why would any boat sink or tourists not go out because of a bit of rain?

See & hear people heading out to 'the islands' this morning in the torrential rain - lets see how many more boats get sunk & rescued this week!

Weather warning issued! rough seas & high winds thats why

Weather warning issued! rough seas & high winds thats why

Just checked TMD website, no weather warning. Nor is there any reason for it, have you looked at the sea?

I am looking at it NOW - can see from my office, can you?

Yesterday i saw a warning for rough seas and high winds and for small boats not to go out. These conditions coupled with the toal lack of respect for safety most 'captains' seem to have, I stand by the statement.

I am looking at it NOW - can see from my office, can you?

Yesterday i saw a warning for rough seas and high winds and for small boats not to go out. These conditions coupled with the toal lack of respect for safety most 'captains' seem to have, I stand by the statement.

So where do I find this weather warning, if not from TMD?

Ah, just found a weather warning on the site that shall not be mentioned, just like last time he came with a warning when there was none from the TMD. And TMD was right that time, considering the very calm weather we had those days, so the editor had to retract his statement, suddenly claiming he never issued a warning.

Edited by stevenl

Well thanks for clearing that up, please drop me your number and i shall call you before posting any other meteorlogical related musings. I would like to pass onto my guests also. Now as you where!

So to be clear: there is NO weather warning.

I just can't understand why anybody would want to write claims that are clearly and proven nonsense.

^

If you look on the 'other' news source, there is in fact a weather warning for today, with winds gusting up to 50 kph, and 2-3 metre seas inshore, higher offshore.

Edited by pagallim

^

If you look on the 'other' news source, there is in fact a weather warning for today, with winds gusting up to 50 kph, and 2-3 metre seas inshore, higher offshore.

See post 49. And the editor there is now also admitting there is no weather warning.

Edited by stevenl

^

See post 49. And the editor there is now also admitting there is no weather warning.

It's not termed 'warning' only the potential wind speed and sea state. Certainly last night and early this morning, the squalls of heavy rain that passed through had very high winds. There's quite a lot of wind damage (in the Chalong area) where trees and parts of trees have been blown down. From experience, these squalls at sea are not pleasant to be in, particularly in a small boat.

• 2 weeks later...

It's raining cats and dogs, has been for the last few days.

Whenever I take a look at the rain radar, it seems that the heavy rain clouds are going over northern Phuket, avoiding south.

Is it the same in the south? I might be checking the radar only when rain transforms to waterfall and therefore it just seems that there is way more rain up here on the north.

• 1 month later...

It's raining cats and dogs, has been for the last few days.

Whenever I take a look at the rain radar, it seems that the heavy rain clouds are going over northern Phuket, avoiding south.

Is it the same in the south? I might be checking the radar only when rain transforms to waterfall and therefore it just seems that there is way more rain up here on the north.

Not a lot of rain down my way, which is about as far south as you can get. A bit over 2 CM since I emptied the rain gauge yesterday evening. But I did have about 10 CM the 24 hours before.