Yingluck Inaugurates O S C C Hotline 1300 For Assisting Vulnerable Members Of The Public

webfact

PM inaugurates OSCC hotline 1300 for assisting vulnerable members of the public

BANGKOK, 10 April 2013 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has inaugurated the hotline 1300 of the OSCC or One-Stop Crisis Center, for assisting vulnerable members of the public.

Around 20,000 OSCC centers are due to be opened nationwide to provide comprehensive “one-stop” assistance to children, women, the elderly and the handicapped. The aim of the centers is to foster equality in society.

According to Ms. Yingluck, the social, economic and political developments that are taking place in Thailand have had effect on the Thai way of life, and the launch of the centers and the hotline can be considered a declaration of will by all collaborating agencies to hear the plights of the public and arrange for speedy, efficient and comprehensive assistance.

She expects that the link between the centers and collaborating agencies will be up and running in 2 months' time.

Ms. Yingluck also witnessed the signing of memorandums between the OSCC and various ministries and agencies that collaborate with the center.

The prime minister also released a convoy of OSCC vehicles that visited sites such as Siam Square, Victory Monument and Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok for the purpose of publicizing the initiative.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-10 footer_n.gif

So how will this work?

For rape press 1, for abusive spouse press 2, for debt press 3?

I'm all for crisis centres, they help a lot of people. I just hope that when you call 1300 a person answers, not a machine. People calling centres like this are distressed enough without going through the whole "machine will now direct you" process.

I hope the PM can give us a follow up report in 2 months as to the status of the OSCC project, manning hours, expected results for a call, response time, etc.

As soon as I see a plan which involves multiple government Ministriers/Agencies, the proposed cooperation/interaction between them, alarm bells start ringing. I hope to be wrong, but I suspect this is another 'decree' of more or her "instructions" which seem to regularly be ignored or unheard. I would venture that it has been budgeted and monies are already flowing out of government coffers though.

I hope the PM can give us a follow up report in 2 months as to the status of the OSCC project, manning hours, expected results for a call, response time, etc.

As soon as I see a plan which involves multiple government Ministriers/Agencies, the proposed cooperation/interaction between them, alarm bells start ringing. I hope to be wrong, but I suspect this is another 'decree' of more or her "instructions" which seem to regularly be ignored or unheard. I would venture that it has been budgeted and monies are already flowing out of government coffers though.

In her speech she said that she would give 100% attention to making sure that all doubting Westerners will get a follow up report in 2 months as to the status of the OSCC project as it is so, so important that she impress them rather than the Thai voting public!

PS

She has agreed to do this in English so as not to impose on them by making them even having to bother to learn Thai language.

Edited by BrianCR

good idea and good job.

has to be applauded.

My but you are easily led down the garden path.

It is a ploy to evade setting up a government for the people and not a government to line their own pockets and grant amnesty to one man. Which is just another way of telling him come on back all is forgiven and as you can see do it again we don't care.

How about setting up a government that puts money into Medical needs that are sorely lacking. How about a government doing it's best to stamp out corruption. It will always be with us no matter what country we are in but it can sure be cut back here in Thailand with out to much effort. How about a government to educate people and the list goes on.

Instead we get 20,000 centers to listen to people hang up forget it and listen to the next one. Absolutely not one single baht to help the people other than listen to them.

Not exactly sure with all the vote getting money costing promises she gave out but does she have to start these people at 15,000 baht a month. Or is it going to be manned by the unemployed field hands at 300 baht a day.

Wouldn't surprise me if the call in centers were as ready in 2 months as all the new police stations she gave permission to carry on as usual (the money will be there don't worry about production)

I was wandering if you might consider changing your last line to

"monies are already flowing out of government coffers" into the politicians pockets.

Just an idea

When you consider that Mcdonalds manages to dispatch a burger to just about any city location in 30 minutes, they should probably charge to get the coppers to attend, if you offered 500 baht and a case of beer to get them to attend a domestic, they would be fighting over the motorcycles in the car park.

When you consider that Mcdonalds manages to dispatch a burger to just about any city location in 30 minutes, they should probably charge to get the coppers to attend, if you offered 500 baht and a case of beer to get them to attend a domestic, they would be fighting over the motorcycles in the car park.

no cop in the world likes to be called to a domestic fight.
  • Like 1

Well that completely excuses them for their dereliction of duty. Extorting payment for imaginary traffic law breaches is much more pleasant.

• Like 1

It isn't about liking to be called. It's their job, responsibility, obligation and legal requirement to attend. And attend they do in most parts of the world. I had a wonderful example here only the other day, where a neighbour up the road appeared to have been beating the hell out of his missus one evening, and the cops arrived. Who called them, god only knows.

They sheepishly stood on the road, man has black eye and is hammered drunk,wife looked like a crazed maniac and terrified, with a cut arm, but not that serious an injury. NOT ONE of the coppers appeared to do anything. They were back at it 3 days later when the husband returned. So, eventually, someone is going to get killed, I have little doubt.

Now some would say, that they prefer this less interventionalist type of policing, but last time I looked, it is the job of the police to also PREVENT crime, not wait for it to happen and then pick up the aftermath.

• Like 1

In her speech she said that she would give 100% attention to making sure that all doubting Westerners will get a follow up report in 2 months as to the status of the OSCC project as it is so, so important that she impress them rather than the Thai voting public!

PS

She has agreed to do this in English so as not to impose on them by making them even having to bother to learn Thai language.

Snce your description only applies, in part, to 1/4 of this household, the other 3 being Thai reading/speaking, voting Citizens, who did not hear nor read anything close to your inapt translation. (my loose use of translation) I will await a proper accounting by someone familar with the program.

assistance to children, women, the elderly and the handicapped.

So young to middle aged adult males who are not handicapped but in crisis call where??????

The aim of the centers is to foster equality in society.

Equality!!! I don't think so as it leaves out a vast % of the population.