Draft-Dodging Thai Ladyboys Get Last Laugh

Rimmer

Draft-Dodging Thai Ladyboys Get Last Laugh

pdn221.jpg
PATTAYA:--Many gleeful ladyboys showed up at Banglamung City Hall to be declared exempt from military conscription. Thai men over age 21 are required to register for at least one military draft before age 30. Draftees are picked by a lottery, but Thai law exempts ladyboys.

PATTAYA – April 9, 2013 [PDN]; at 2:30 p.m., Banglamung City Hall was chosen as the site to enlist military forces to be conscripted for the Army and Navy. The season of military conscription had come, and all the men from Banglamung who had reached age 21 came to register, both straight men and ladyboys.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/10/draft-dodging-thai-ladyboys-get-last-laugh/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-10

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"

Arnold Judas Rimmer of Jupiter Mining Corporation Ship Red Dwarf

Stoke me a Clipper. That's "Ace" to you!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

What about the Ladyboys who have not had surgery? Are they not exempted and take their chance in the lottery?

Can you imagine being at boot camp and billeted with ladyboys.......................................

Time for my medication I think blink.png

• Like 1

Is there an inspection to prove they had a surgery? I would go with the tuck it option to avoid the draft giggle.gif

Luckily there are still people with common sense in the military they have eyes and ears and having an operation is not a requirement. I assume that you take part in the Bangkok gay parade this year given your preferred option?

So you can dress up like a cross dresser transvestite go in and get out of the draft? It would of worked for Dustin Hoffman in tootsie the 1st transvestite i ever seen in my life in 1982!!

• Like 1

Draft lottery day is a big event in our Amphore - Ban Dung. I assure you the local boys of dodgy gender are NOT exempt. They actually add lots of color to the festivities with their antics during the draw. If unlucky enough to pull a red marble join the draft with the others, not sure what happens after medical and psychological tests etc. pre enlistment.

I will add being a poor farming community 99.9% can't afford the operation.

Edited by bdenner

I think ladyboys could do well in the armed forces. Imagine your defending your post when suddenly a horde of tall heavily made-up men in women's clothing come rushing toward you screaming and waving their handbags. I'd run. How about you?

This article talks about a transsexual who was excluded from the draft for having breast implants http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/04/05/military-exemption-weight-gain-or-transgender-operation/

That was the similar article I referred to as being nonsense. Category two (breast augmentation) does NOT give an automatic exclusion from the draft.

I think ladyboys could do well in the armed forces. Imagine your defending your post when suddenly a horde of tall heavily made-up men in women's clothing come rushing toward you screaming and waving their handbags. I'd run. How about you?

How much courage do you imagine it takes to risk alienation and rejection by your family and friends and facing ridicule, taunting and frequently violence on a regular if not a daily basis?

... and is there any reason why that sort of courage and determination should be absent in a military context?

What great Morale Boosters they would make.....

haha. In the foxhole. Incomming!!! And she/he opens their mouth ??

Presumably you have the same view of women in the military, and their uses?

Maybe you should tell that to CSgt Ian Page whose life was saved under sustained sniper fire which also hit her rucksack while she was giving first aid by Michelle Norris, an Army medic in Iraq, for which she was awarded the Military Cross. Or LCpl John List who owes his life to Kate Nesbitt, a Naval medic attached to 3 Commando Brigade, who saved his life under heavy rifle and rocket fire in an ambush in Afghanistan, for which she was also awarded the Military Cross. Or the men in the infantry whose patrols are led, whenever they are available, by dog handlers whose dogs are trained to sniff out explosives in what is generally recognised as the most consistently dangerous job in the Army, many of whom are women. Or Captain Lisa Head, an ATO (bomb disposal officer) who was killed defusing the second of a daisy-chain of improvised bombs in Afghanistan.

"haha" for some.

How much courage do you imagine it takes to risk alienation and rejection by your family and friends and facing ridicule, taunting and frequently violence on a regular if not a daily basis?

... and is there any reason why that sort of courage and determination should be absent in a military context?

Can't see what your reply has to do with my post and why you deemed it necessary to quote it. You certainly didn't answer its question. All you managed to do was create two more questions to which I'd answer 1) a lot; and 2) none.

@LeCharivari. Point taken but IMHO your taking this thread TOO seriously.

Quite possibly, but for some such as gays and transexuals who serve or have served in the military and whose ability/value is being questioned it IS a serious issue - as it is for Thai "ladyboys" who up until 2011, as a result of conscription, had to show government documentation declaring that they had a "permanent mental defect" to any potential employer.

What great Morale Boosters they would make.....

haha. In the foxhole. Incomming!!! And she/he opens their mouth ??

Presumably you have the same view of women in the military, and their uses?

Maybe you should tell that to CSgt Ian Page whose life was saved under sustained sniper fire which also hit her rucksack while she was giving first aid by Michelle Norris, an Army medic in Iraq, for which she was awarded the Military Cross. Or LCpl John List who owes his life to Kate Nesbitt, a Naval medic attached to 3 Commando Brigade, who saved his life under heavy rifle and rocket fire in an ambush in Afghanistan, for which she was also awarded the Military Cross. Or the men in the infantry whose patrols are led, whenever they are available, by dog handlers whose dogs are trained to sniff out explosives in what is generally recognised as the most consistently dangerous job in the Army, many of whom are women. Or Captain Lisa Head, an ATO (bomb disposal officer) who was killed defusing the second of a daisy-chain of improvised bombs in Afghanistan.

"haha" for some.

We're not talking about women in the military, whom a bunch have showed tremendous valor while serving. We're talking about a whole nother gender here. Which gender appears to go out of their way to alienate the other two genders. It's not my problem and I don't give a crap. coffee1.gif

Is there an inspection to prove they had a surgery? I would go with the tuck it option to avoid the draft giggle.gif

Luckily there are still people with common sense in the military they have eyes and ears and having an operation is not a requirement. I assume that you take part in the Bangkok gay parade this year given your preferred option?

Thanks princess troll.

Actually having an operation IS a requirement and the article is, unsurprisingly, incorrect and rather childish as is a similar article.

Thai law does NOT exempt "ladyboys" unless they have had the complete operation and simply cross-dressing or even breast augmentation is not automatic grounds for any exemption, as this is still at the discretion of the board and dependent on the number of conscripts, volunteers, etc.

Until recently (2011) cross dressing, etc, was labelled a "permanent mental defect" as far as conscription was concerned in Thailand and transexuals were exempt military service on those grounds, regardless of whether they had all or part of the operations and their military documents, which have to be shown to most employers, reflected that for the rest of their lives.

Most western armies (including British, American and some European) have had transexual serving soldiers who have had the operation whilst serving; for the Brits who find this amusing, transexuals were allowed to serve in the military before homosexuals and the first British serviceman to do so was a WO2 which is probably rather higher than most of those poking fun at them here would have got, had they ever served at all, and one of the most recent was an officer in the Parachute Regiment who served In Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Iraq.

My worst nightmares would be to see a hot ladyboy with knockkers with a blow to the head.

Actually having an operation IS a requirement and the article is, unsurprisingly, incorrect and rather childish as is a similar article.

Thai law does NOT exempt "ladyboys" unless they have had the complete operation and simply cross-dressing or even breast augmentation is not automatic grounds for any exemption, as this is still at the discretion of the board and dependent on the number of conscripts, volunteers, etc.

Until recently (2011) cross dressing, etc, was labelled a "permanent mental defect" as far as conscription was concerned in Thailand and transexuals were exempt military service on those grounds, regardless of whether they had all or part of the operations and their military documents, which have to be shown to most employers, reflected that for the rest of their lives.

Most western armies (including British, American and some European) have had transexual serving soldiers who have had the operation whilst serving; for the Brits who find this amusing, transexuals were allowed to serve in the military before homosexuals and the first British serviceman to do so was a WO2 which is probably rather higher than most of those poking fun at them here would have got, had they ever served at all, and one of the most recent was an officer in the Parachute Regiment who served In Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Afghanistan and Iraq.

My worst nightmares would be to see a hot ladyboy with knockkers with a blow to the head.

Thanks for sharing your psychological problems blink.png

I hope these ladies can avoid military service if they want to duck it - I know I would.

You've hit on the biggest and only real argument against women in the military, although I suppose it could include ladyboys and gays ... look at the "rescue" of Jessica Lynch, for example.