It's Started Already

CRUNCHER

Then there's the hordes of seedy pervs looking for females to grope in the name of fun.

Hmm, for de yoof it looks more like a badge of honour than a punishment.

songkran-touching-breasts.jpg

ถ.ข้าวสาร เวลานี้จนท.ควบคุมชายที่จับหน้าอกผู้หญิงได้2ราย ถูกนำมายืนมีป้ายแขวนคอ”ผมชอบจับนมผู้หญิง”

Loosely translated: On Khao San Road, a man captured by police for

touching breasts had to stand with a sign stating, “I like to touch

breasts.”

Did he receive many offers as a result of his promotion campaign ? biggrin.png

He's a man -- how does that make him different than 99% of the other men? We all "like to touch breasts"! If that is the only punishment he got, he got off easy!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lived here 6 full years never seen Pattaya so quiet over Songkran. There doesn't seem to be a happy vibe around like previous years.

Maybe 7 full days of throwing water and behaving like drunken fools gets a little old after a while, even for the no-lifes that inhabit Pattaya -- maybe there IS a God (no, that's going too far.....).

Lived here 6 full years never seen Pattaya so quiet over Songkran. There doesn't seem to be a happy vibe around like previous years.

The Chinese, Korean, Russian and Indian tour group buses tourists don't bring much fun to the city..

I was amazed the other day when I noticed people doing the parasailing crap at 7am.. I mean that's early even for a normal work week w00t.gif

• Like 1

Agree, and its not just somewhat different but very different.

Almost looks like there is an economic crisis in the western world whistling.gif

The Chinese, Korean, Russian and Indian tour group buses tourists don't bring much fun to the city..

Ain't that the truth. The Russians especially have to be some of the most miserable people on the planet.

Yes, but they enjoy being miserable. Have you ever seem one smile? I read that one did actually smile a few years back, but no one has a picture....

I would not characterize what goes on in Pattaya during Songran as "fun" (at least not for more than 1 hour or so -- no doubt that the kids under 10 y.o. enjoy it), but YMMV.

I would not characterize what goes on in Pattaya during Songran as "fun" (at least not for more than 1 hour or so -- no doubt that the kids under 10 y.o. enjoy it), but YMMV.

That's the point, this time last year there were hoards of kids splashing water at the end of my soi a few days before and on the 19th. Had a walk to 7/11 earlier it's like a ghost town, very strange.

(not debating about individual feelings for songkran it's boring and been done to death)

Drop in temperature today, not so good when you get an icy bucket down your back, its been soaring heat since Christmas, blue skies and sunny everyday, till Songkran week, now its overcast and cooler

So there is a God after all! smile.png

Pattaya has always attracted group tours from any nationality, but I can assure you that the Chinese especially also travel independently, to places like Chiang Mai, and have been thoroughly enjoying the festival, playing water in a very positive way.

I know it's tempting to paint a couple billion people with the same brush, but many of them are having a better time in Thailand than several Thaivisa members, by the looks of it!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Have you ever seem one smile?

Behave!

Ok, you found 8 "Grannies" from Buranovo, halfway between the Volga and the Urals, some of whom smile, all without teeth. I am not sure that they are "Russians", but they did represent Russia in a European singing contest, so I guess they qualify -- my apologies. Smiling Russians do exist. Behave? Always.

At 5:30 pm Not a single water pistol or a bucket of water around Bang Saray near the beach. It happens here on the 20th. God I love this town - no one to rub the grit into your paint job & very few yobs to speak of except on the designated day here.And the only traffic clutter is from the BKK transplants.

Edited by Beardog

At 5:30 pm Not a single water pistol or a bucket of water around Bang Saray near the beach. It happens here on the 20th. God I love this town - no one to rub the grit into your paint job & very few yobs to speak of except on the designated day here.And the only traffic clutter is from the BKK transplants.

Are you sure it is the 20th and not the 19th ?

If so please remove your post asap before someone in Pattaya reads it.

What is the traffic situation like in downtown today? Thinking about going to Central for dinner (by car) but I hear rumors that all downtown is a parking lot?

Forget about it!

Had these posts in mind when we decided it was time to get out of the house for dinner and a movie at central.

Granted the holidays are now over but still what a pleasant surprise, left around 7pm and it took less than 15 minutes from East side Jomtien to Central.

Almost no traffic on Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai while Second road traffic was like any ordinary day during the low season.

Very light traffic on the trip home too. Did a stop at Foodland to pick up some groceries and that place was more packed than I’m used to see it that late in the evening.

Wonder if it’s just the cool rainy weather, or are there actually fewer Songkran revelers here this year.

Either way, now set to be cooped up at home for the final two days.

REVELATION same same but different

I just went to foodland to stock up in the morning before it start,

and then it hit me, i do the exact same thing every week of the year !

not because of water, but because of traffic jam,

so the only thing that makes this week different from any other week is that i cant workout !

Going crazy wet plus loud music on Third Road since early morning. Lots of nasty pick-ups.

I had half a mind taking my GF to BuaKhao where she could Len Nahm with her friends but she kindly decided to take a motocy taxi instead and leave me dry at home. She went off at 12 with her iPad and handbag tucked safely (I hope !!) in plastic bags.

It's our first Songkran together here in Pattaya and she doesn't quite understand why I hate this water madness.

She is young, 25yo, and loves it. She was at it all day yesterday on BuaKhao and this morning said that her arm is Jep from all the water buckets throwing.

Tomorrow will be a bright new day.

I just hope that I don't encounter yobs and louts who think it's OK to go on with the 'fun' for a few more days !!

Edited by jayceenik

Going crazy wet plus loud music on Third Road since early morning. Lots of nasty pick-ups.

I had half a mind taking my GF to BuaKhao where she could Len Nahm with her friends but she kindly decided to take a motocy taxi instead and leave me dry at home. She went off at 12 with her iPad and handbag tucked safely (I hope !!) in plastic bags.

It's our first Songkran together here in Pattaya and she doesn't quite understand why I hate this water madness.

She is young, 25yo, and loves it. She was at it all day yesterday on BuaKhao and this morning said that her arm is Jep from all the water buckets throwing.

I just hope that I don't encounter yobs and louts who think it's OK to go on with the 'fun' for a few more days !!

She gonna use her Ipad to throw water whistling.gif

Oh I see now

It's our first Songkran together here in Pattaya

• Like 1

She gonna use her Ipad to throw water whistling.gif

Oh I see now

It's our first Songkran together here in Pattaya

I didn't phrase that one right !! smile.png

It's not my first Sogkran - by far.

It's not her first Songkran - she certainly never missed one before in LOS (a Ubon girl).

Just that we're not together during previous Songkran.

She just Skyped me briefly from BuaKhao so I guess that, so far, the iPad is safe.

BTW she told me that from what she saw yesterday on BuaKhao it seemed to her things are quieter this year than last.

I'll get a full report tonight !!

Edited by jayceenik