It's Started Already

CRUNCHER

Nose Quirters Spotted:

No Squirters were seen today between 1:30 and 2:30 from SSCC, down to Fascino on Pattaya Nua and then down Sukhumvit to Big-C.......not 1

I think every road over here has its own "offical" day. Nernplubwan is 17th for instance. Last year was the same with minimum squirting to be seen apart from on that day. All rather civilised really.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gone into the actual City for ages during Songkran but this year it sure seems to be a little more peaceful then any other year in Pattaya. Normally by today Sukhumvit is a river.

I haven't gone into the actual City for ages during Songkran but this year it sure seems to be a little more peaceful then any other year in Pattaya. Normally by today Sukhumvit is a river.

Yes. It has not been as bad as recent years so far, but that is a relative term. It has still been very unpleasant for those who live and work in the City.

What has been missing so far is the overloaded trucks with huge tubs of water and high pressure guns. Unfortunately these are back with a vengance today, especially on Beach Road, Second Road and the Sois inbetween.

Edited by CRUNCHER

Ok so I was planning to do my shopping today , I was thinking Monday would not be so busy because the worst days in Pattaya are on Thursday/Friday .

I was terrible wrong, should have stayed home.

First I bicycle down soi watboon to Jomtien beach road around 11 am , already in the bar soi before beach rd , there were at least 7 people throwing buckets of water and yes they hit me even if I tried to avoid them !

Ok maybe I was just unlucky so I took the first baht bus from Jomtien to Pattaya second road and when we passed Jomtien complex, we were hit by waterguns and buckets of water , I was smart enough to protect my smart phone before I left . Some of the russian passengers felt really uncomfortabke now. We were hit several times on our way to S-Pattaya.

But it would get a lot worse , I did my shopping at Villa Market and had one coffee at Starbucks, and was hoping for a safe trip home.

I walked to the baht bus stop , I avoided the waterguns by walking slowly and hide inside 7 eleven for a few minutes.

Ok so I was fearing the worst but I had to get home so the bahtbus was filled up with passengers including a russian couple with a baby , maybe 2 years old.

And then all hell broke lose! It was a truck on the other side of the road with a big watertank and they just started to attack the passengers and the water hit us everywhere, I was soaking wet within seconds , and the baby started screaming, the russian parents was very upset and after a while very angry. The father tried to warn people along the road that there was a baby with them , but of course nobody cared about that and before we reached Jomtien maybe 7 or 8 waterattacks , some of them really heavy, and the screaming baby was not going to stop .

If I were the Russians I would have paid 200 baht for a taxi , that baby will have nightmares for a long time.

Never a bahtbus again during songkran, it is the target for all the drunken idiots and we are sitting ducks !

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

Yes I am not sure if it is any better after 9 pm , the whole week will be like this and I really dont like it so I will stay home until Saturday .

Last big night is 18th on Walking Street, then 19th in the day around the streets, should all be finished by Saturday 20th

Correct me if I am wrong

Yes I am not sure if it is any better after 9 pm , the whole week will be like this and I really dont like it so I will stay home until Saturday .

Last big night is 18th on Walking Street, then 19th in the day around the streets, should all be finished by Saturday 20th

Correct me if I am wrong

19th being a Friday night, i think you might be wrong, we shall see!

What year did the ridiculous OVER ONE WEEK of water throwing "tradition" start in Pattaya? I've been here a long time and it predates my time. So what year?

When I first came here, everyone used to go to Pattaya to avoid Songkran, as it started later than Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I blame it on all the foreign yobs that moved in and started throwing water earlier and earlier.

47FC9A15DAB8B.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

That last picture says it all really, a surprised foreign tourist thinking he is about to drown in water.

And they just love that, the drunken idiots that are throwing water on everyone.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Last year I was able to venture forth after 7.30 pm.

I think I will only go to Lotus after 10 pm this year.

and that is from the darkside.

For those that believe Songkran in Pattaya is a hoot I can only wonder at the rest of their lives

Last year I was able to venture forth after 7.30 pm.

I think I will only go to Lotus after 10 pm this year.

and that is from the darkside.

For those that believe Songkran in Pattaya is a hoot I can only wonder at the rest of their lives

There was no water at 7:30 pm this evening, going from Pratumnak Hill to Tukcom and then Friendship Supermarket. I had my wet weather gear on just in case.

I think as long as you stay clear of the drunk idiots in the beer bars along Soi Buakhao, Beach Road and Second Road you'll be ok after dark. I doubt you'll be able to get to Central Mall dry at any time in the evening.

Edited by tropo

What year did the ridiculous OVER ONE WEEK of water throwing "tradition" start in Pattaya? I've been here a long time and it predates my time. So what year?

I can only go back to my first Songkran in Pattaya which was in 1994. It seemed worse back then. It appears to be more contained in recent years and you can generally go about your business 'fairly dry!' as long as you keep away from the main bar areas.