My Steed Is Ready To Go!

loserlazer

If it weren't for the metal studs and buckles, it wouldn't look half bad. Are you going to dress like a sport bike rider or a pirate? Have a safe ride and enjoy.

A CBR cross-dresser -- that's kind of funny laugh.png. Be careful and enjoy your ride!

Where's the license plate? I'm always suspicious of people who think it's really cool not to have a license on their ride every since I had a guy hit me and run away. Running drugs maybe...maybe not? Or simply what do you have to hide? But do have a safe trip.

Where's the license plate? I'm always suspicious of people who think it's really cool not to have a license on their ride every since I had a guy hit me and run away. Running drugs maybe...maybe not? Or simply what do you have to hide? But do have a safe trip.

So suspicious?

It is a new bike & new bikes like new cars now can take up to 6 months to get their plates

Bought my Ninja before Christmas 2012 still waiting for mine

Edited by mania

So suspicious?

It is a new bike & new bikes like new cars now can take up to 6 months to get their plates

And bikes in Bangkok are not issued red plates like in the provinces even though Bangkok police are still conveniently citing people for not having a plate. I assume LL is in the big mango.

And bikes in Bangkok are not issued red plates like in the provinces even though Bangkok police are still conveniently citing people for not having a plate. I assume LL is in the big mango.

Same in Chiang Mai no red plates available.

But when one considers how backed up they have been for the last two years for

plates it is not surprising. They would literally need thousand of red plates.

They do give you an official document to carry though & that should get you past the cops.

Although I have never been stopped.

So suspicious?

should have gotten it alteady. mine (plate) came almost 2 months ago. Bike arrived before christmas too.

So suspicious?

should have gotten it alteady. mine (plate) came almost 2 months ago. Bike arrived before christmas too.

Yeah it is a province thing :)

My Wave 125i took dang near a year

Lazer... How is the single disk up front working out with two up and the bags full? Have you put it to the test stopping yet? All the reviews are saying it needs dual disks up front for the track but how about regular riding like you are doing?

Have a great trip. Looks great!

Arrived my girlfriend's village safe.

Left my house at 09:30 in the morning and arrived akat amnuai/sakhon nakhon at 18:00. I can make it an hour earlier if there was no traffic, highway was like crazy, never seen it this way before, full of trucks and matchbox eci cars with red plate. It was no different from Sukhumvit Road:lol:

Road get relaxed when it is closer to khon kaen, half the road.

Stopped two times for petrol 10 minutes each and one 30 minutes stop to eat something.

It is 743 kms at the odo and trip computer says a total of 42,4 liters of petrol used with an average of 5,7 liters per 100 km.

I was going mostly like 150 - 160 kmh and revving it hard. Of course it was a two up trip with bags i think around 15 kgs not 10.

Engine was never tired and climb the mountain before sakhon nakhon nicely without any hard labor. Got my twisties there too:lol:

Coll bike this cbr500. Feel like nothing, pretty easy and comfy ride.

But one stupid mistake, forgot to put back the tool set under the seat and of course rear shock adjuster as it should be better on twisties if i could adjust it harder. But it was comfy this way.

Edited by loserlazer

Lazer... How is the single disk up front working out with two up and the bags full? Have you put it to the test stopping yet? All the reviews are saying it needs dual disks up front for the track but how about regular riding like you are doing?

Have a great trip. Looks great!

T dog, i felt it fading while climbing to pak chong which i used the brakes in hard way there due to the high traffic. But it was never dangerous and within the limits and it came back quickly. Never felt anything on the mountains before sakhon nakhon although rode the twisties hard there.

I also took it to track before and for the speeds cbr500 can achieve, it never fade away on kaeng krachan track.

Of course if they designed it with double discs, it should be 5 times better.

Edited by loserlazer

My friend Dwayne wants to know when your coming back. He's all excited to meat you after seeing your saddlebags. He wants me to send you this pix.

post-63954-0-35180100-1365769870_thumb.j

Hahahss. Thanks bsj. I like ladies only.

But as long as he is your friend, you can wear some leather and can man handle each other, why not?:D

You can try.

You know what they say: ' to see the real face of someone, just look his friends':D

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

My friend Dwayne wants to know when your coming back. He's all excited to meat you after seeing your saddlebags. He wants me to send you this pix.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture4.jpg

"Meat you", never heard it called that before. If he is "Meating" you I am sure he will get to see your saddlebags.

I rode a CBR 250 and it didn't seem very torquey, what is like two up with luggage?

Edited by AllanB

attachicon.gifCropperCapture4.jpg

"Meat you", never heard it called that before. If he is "Meating" you I am sure he will get to see your saddlebags.

I rode a CBR 250 and it didn't seem very torquey, what is like two up with luggage?

I think BSJ got a bit exited making that post, "Meat" you is probably just a freudian slip............

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 2

They do give you an official document to carry though & that should get you past the cops.

I don't think the problem is a backlog of plates, as dealers make their own.

A friend of mine was cited for not having a plate after buying a new Tiger 250. He was told by the agent to show the sales receipt and docs but the cop told him every bike in Thailand must have a plate. This was in Phuket.

I'm pretty sure that is a 500 in the picture.

Villagefarang, the guy on the photo looks similar to your profile photo too:lol:

Like of course you are older now and bald and you were young that time and not sure about yourself:D

Edited by loserlazer

I do not think dealers make plates do they?

I do remember about a year ago there was a big upheaval about plate making.

It started with the problem of the white part of the plates all cracking in less than a year

The one on my truck has this problem & I even got a mail recently from the DMV telling me

if I want to swap it just come in & fill in a form for free. Although I never asked them about it.

After that initial problem it was reported it was a problem with the paint.

Later it seems the company that had the contract to make plates lost the contract

for what ever reasons & a new company had not yet been picked. It was all kind of confused

reporting & who knows maybe the slowness was due to a backhander not being paid by the one

with the contract?

Anyway it is all well documented in the Motoring section of this forum

I guess we are lucky here not to be stopped for no plates.

Because if they did they sure would have a large income smile.png

A friend of mine was cited for not having a plate after buying a new Tiger 250. He was told by the agent to show the sales receipt and docs but the cop told him every bike in Thailand must have a plate. This was in Phuket.

Anybody can make a plate but it is not a government issued plate....I am surprised at the delay as the quality issue has been resolved....I dont remember when LL got his bike but my bike has BKK plates also and it only took around 2 months....

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

I hope you don't get the high winds we had last night in Pattaya -Sattahib area.

It would have knocked down an 1100 cc superbike easily.

Not related to the Sanfrancisco leather dude at all. But how did the 500 seat work out for you. Did you do the mods to make it comfy before the cross -country run?

Enjoy your Songran My girl just left for Buriram & then Khon Khen area . Be safe!

Barry

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1