30 Drink-Driving Suspects Caught At North Pattaya Songkran Police Checkpoint

Rimmer

30 drink-driving suspects caught at North Pattaya Songkran Police Checkpoint

drink-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--Early on Sunday Morning Pattaya’s Traffic Police organized a Songkran Festival Police Checkpoint in North Pattaya at the Dolphin Roundabout with the aim of detecting and detaining suspected drink-driving suspects.

At this time of year breathalyzer machines, which are less-frequently used during other times, emerge as Police attempt to reduce the numbers of accidents and deaths on the roads of Thailand during the Songkran Festival which, in Pattaya, runs from now until 19th April.

According to Thai law the legal Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limit for regular licensed drivers in Thailand is 0.05 (g/100mL), or about 1.5 “Standard drinks”

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/82941/30-drink-driving-suspects-caught-north-pattaya-songkran-police-checkpoint/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-14

Pattaya Drink Drivers Put to the Test

IMG_4662.jpg
PATTAYA:--As promised, the local police in Pattaya are playing their part in the crack down on drink driving over the Song Kran Festive season and this weekend saw Traffic police and volunteers stopping vehicles to check both drivers and passengers.

Drivers are being checked for alcohol levels and breathalyzer test kits have been issued to those officers on duty. There’s no getting away from it, Local national or thai, the tests are there to be used.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/drunk-pattaya-songkran/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-04-14

will do a lot more good than harm, i like to go out and have a nice evening, i realise now that is being responsible to watch what you drink while driving, nominate a driver, hopefully 1 you can trust not to sneak a couple when no 1 is looking, lol, yes i had mates and friends killed when i was younger but same as most people it would never happen to me and seems like it diddn`t, luck of the draw i suppose......

In Udon they were out in force with breathalyzers 2 weeks before Songkran. over songkran not seen one, they are probably all partying on tea money made on the weeks before, 2k on the spot fine was doing the trick. Good thing to have, makes people use cheap public transport, only problem is driver of that will probably drunker but they don't get bagged

Edited by marstons

In Udon they were out in force with breathalyzers 2 weeks before Songkran. over songkran not seen one, they are probably all partying on tea money made on the weeks before, 2k on the spot fine was doing the trick. Good thing to have, makes people use cheap public transport, only problem is driver of that will probably drunker but they don't get bagged

2000 baht is that if you are more than .08 or more than .10 ?? What is the DWI limit in thailand???

According to Thai law the legal Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limit for regular licensed drivers in Thailand is 0.05 (g/100mL) Wow .05 is only 2 drinks so is this a DUI IF OVER the limit or a DWI??

So if the police are doing their duty, what do they do for the other 51 weeks of the year? "No getting away from it, they test are there to be used" What a statement!

What do they do for the other 51 weeks? Obviously you don't read the news here often?

Testing drivers AND passengers. Why are they testing passengers? Maybe to see who is fit to drive and replace the DUI driver? Not likely, they are not smart enough to think of that.

That's messed up. What do they do when they find a drunk passenger?

Testing drivers AND passengers. Why are they testing passengers? Maybe to see who is fit to drive and replace the DUI driver? Not likely, they are not smart enough to think of that.

That's messed up. What do they do when they find a drunk passenger?

You pay the fine then they release you to drive home.

Good one. I hope they are testing the m/c taxi drivers too.

If they prevent just one death, it is worth the effort.

I don't drink and drive so I often use MC taxi - on several occasions I have refused to take certain drivers because they have been drinking - what is the point in me leaving my bike at home and then getting on the back of a bike with a drunk driver ????

I don't drink and drive so I often use MC taxi - on several occasions I have refused to take certain drivers because they have been drinking - what is the point in me leaving my bike at home and then getting on the back of a bike with a drunk driver ????
yes, I saw one last night buying three bags of ice and then taking them back to the taxi stand !

So you ride on the back of a motosai taxi with a plastic bowl on your head or even nothing when all the drunks are driving around in their fancy pickups ? :rolleyes:

oh yes I forgot in your mind the roads are safe now that they jail and deport the falang who had two beers before driving :P

Edited by yoslim

yes, I saw one last night buying three bags of ice and then taking them back to the taxi stand !

Maybe they ride on Hydrogen