Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. coffee1.gif

Well if the Chechens were motivated by Jihad they were just following a strategy of infiltrating Countries hostile to their ideology, whilst keeping a low profile until they decide to strike. The FBI are probably breaking up many such cells on an ongoing basis. It would have been much more comfortable for policy makers had the attack been a lone lunatic or a home grown right wing extremist group, but if you have to face a worldwide threat that can come from anywhere the thought no doubt scares the authorities seeing as there is no easy policy for dealing with such a problem.

P.S I take no pleasure whatsoever in my suspicions being proven correct (better luck next time to the esteemed Qatari terrorism experts), however statistics were overwhelmingly on my side, I think some of our members should be avoiding going to Vegas not I.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope they capture the second brother and not just kill him on sight. It would be nice to know the motives behind their actions.

Not just nice, but we need data.

We need to know who did the planning, where they were trained, who funded the action, ect.

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. coffee1.gif

Well if the Chechens were motivated by Jihad they were just following a strategy of infiltrating Countries hostile to their ideology, whilst keeping a low profile until they decide to strike. The FBI are probably breaking up many such cells on an ongoing basis. It would have been much more comfortable for policy makers had the attack been a lone lunatic or a home grown right wing extremist group, but if you have to face a worldwide threat that can come from anywhere the thought no doubt scares the authorities seeing as there is no easy policy for dealing with such a problem.

P.S I take no pleasure whatsoever in my suspicions being proven correct (better luck next time to the esteemed Qatari terrorism experts), however statistics were overwhelmingly on my side, I think some of our members should be avoiding going to Vegas not I.

SD, you know those are statistically independent events.

Still if you're buying some lottery tickets, put me in for a buck biggrin.png

PS these are still ongoing events. the situation is still shrouded in clouds.

dont count your chickens yet whistling.gif

• Like 1

Putin et al will rub their hands with glee. The response from Russia wlll be, see we told you these Chechens were trouble. now do you people understand what we are dealing with?

Many Chechens were able to go to the USA and EU on humanitarian grounds. There are still those that consider Russia an enemy state and any one causing problems to Russia is a friend of the USA etc. I expect that the next Russian crackdown on Chechnya will not be as vociferously protested by the USA.

Curious though, that Chechnya has been relatively quiet after the last Russian offensive. If anything, this may improve relations between Russia and the USA as the USA will need help from Russia in getting background info about these Chechens.

I hate to say it, but I am relieved that it is not a US national as that would have ripped the country apart. I can't wait for the conspiracy theories to start as one of the brothers died at Beth Israel hospital. (A teaching hospital with a large number of foreign origin medical residents from Russia,}

• Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Thats too bad, it was a timeline of the hunt. link is below

.http://news.yahoo.com/glance-search-boston-bomb-suspects-110724951.html

They've been in the U.S. since about 2001 and came as little boys. The Uncle is an American living in Maryland and responded to news of the older brother being killed with "good -- he deserved it!" but was surprised to hear about the still living younger brother. Again, Islamic terrorists like to recruit Americans of course. What would be most shocking is if they weren't linked to any specific terror cell but just decided to do this themselves.

Edited by Jingthing

So...is it finally time to use racial profiling? Israel seems to do it very effectively. I too hope they catch this brother to learn more details to their motives. Sent from Me to You.

Racial profiling? They're not Arabs, how would that have helped?

• Like 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Thats too bad, it was a timeline of the hunt. link is below

.http://news.yahoo.com/glance-search-boston-bomb-suspects-110724951.html

Post has been edited as per fair use policy, link added and post unhidden.

They've been in the U.S. since about 2001 and came as little boys. The Uncle is an American living in Maryland and responded to news of the older brother being killed with "good -- he deserved it!" but was surprised to hear about the still living younger brother. Again, Islamic terrorists like to recruit Americans of course. What would be most shocking is if they weren't linked to any specific terror cell but just decided to do this themselves.

The USA link is meaningless in the overall context. (Not a slam at you though.). Rather, I offer the Omar Khadr case as an example. Born in Canada, his father was an associate of Bin Laden and the family was mixed up with him and the Taliaban. The result being that the 14 year old was implicated in the murder of a US serviceman in Afghanistan. The social justice campaigners fought hard to save Omar and repatriate him to Canada where the man now relaxes in a Canadian jail. The family used its Canadian citizenship to abuse the system. I suggest that these chechen US citizens are similar- using the US as a place of convenience whilst plotting their acts of terror. They just don't become terrorists over night, but are instead inculcated by family members, and at the local mosque.

• Like 1

Something found on another site... Looks like the guy on the run with the only difference is a different spelling of the first name.

http://vk.com/id160300242

Wife is Russian and was interpreting comments. Strange stuff. Sounds like the guy. She said that Chechnya "are not Russians, they are crazy Musslims into terrorism and drugs."

I've known several Russian and other Former Soviet Muslims that feel the same way. The thing is that these Chechens are involved in all sorts of underworld crime, not just terror. In all my years living and working in Moscow and Russia I can't recall meeting a Russian who didn't fear and despise them.

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one

Don't even try it.

Those experts only mentioned a possibility.

They know FAR more than you.

You made the most glaringly obvious assumption.

EDIT to ADD: Forgot to point out that they aren't Qatari, they are American - some of the most experienced and qualified counterterrorism folks to have served their country.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. :coffee1:

Before you get too smug, it seems like your nonsense about Saudi nationals was exactly that and your ludicrous claim that right wing terrorism has never happened remains a ludicrous comment.

Also everyone seems to be assuming that these 2 Russian nationals are Chechen. Did not the original description not say they came from Russia NEAR Chechnya. They are probably still Muslim but might actually come from Dagestan, Ingushetia, either of the Ossetias or even Russia proper. Why don't we just wait and see...

That social media page of the living one mentions groups: CHECHEN. Also religion: ISLAM. Hopefully, they can avoid killing the one at large. He'll be executed anyway, but people really want to know what happened.

Edited by Jingthing

Not shocking to me. It's by no means unprecedented. It's known as " self-radicalization".

Think Ft. Hood, Times Square...

That would explain the lack of "chatter" before the bombing which at first seemed to point away from international Jihadist terrorism. The relationship between the brothers is obviously important. The younger one obviously is more sympathetic, but it doesn't matter, he's going to be killed or executed and he deserves it too.

Now reports they have been in the USA for much longer than one year and that they were well assimilated. :coffee1:

Before you get too smug, it seems like your nonsense about Saudi nationals was exactly that and your ludicrous claim that right wing terrorism has never happened remains a ludicrous comment.

Also everyone seems to be assuming that these 2 Russian nationals are Chechen. Did not the original description not say they came from Russia NEAR Chechnya. They are probably still Muslim but might actually come from Dagestan, Ingushetia, either of the Ossetias or even Russia proper. Why don't we just wait and see...

News and police saying Chechnya. His website is a Chechnya dialect. His videos are in a Chechnya dialect. Maybe you read something that does really understand the difference.

• Like 1

That social media page of the living one mentions groups: CHECHEN. Also religion: ISLAM. Hopefully, they can avoid killing the one at large. He'll be executed anyway, but people really want to know what happened.

In car now, but this morning I believe news or wife said he identified himself as Muslim on his Facebook page thing. She read most of the conversations to me which were some kind of inside joke about 3 guys in car, who is driving, and where a train was going with one guy saying Boston.

• Like 1

The Russian connection is problematical. A lot of Americans feel we have always been at war with Russia and might not comprehend that these bozos have nothing to do with the Russian government. coffee1.gif Seriously, how many Americans on hearing these guys were Russians will think Russia has attacked the U.S.?

I know Americans who know more about that Chechnya Russia conflict and think that Chechen are the good guys.

That was always a propaganda card played by the American government against the Russian government. Any educated American knows better than that. Having said that, Russia has made many grave errors in the way they have handled Chechnya over the years.

I would not be surprised if they came to the US on a "support the freedom fighters" ticket.

News and police saying Chechnya. His website is a Chechnya dialect. His videos are in a Chechnya dialect. Maybe you read something that does really understand the difference.

Which probably means he is ethnically Chechen, but there's the problem with amateur journalism...we lurch from Saudi to Indian to Chechen. People are way too impatient and think they know all the answers based on zero first hand evidence. Just let the professionals get on with their job and we will have at the very least most answers pretty soon.

• Like 2

Timeline of events leading to this point.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22021412/2013/04/19/timeline-investigators-say-crime-spree-led-up-to-watertown-search

8:30 a.m. - "Whatever is in your head is all wrong. You murdered people. Go and ask mercy from the families," said Ruslan Tsarnaev, uncle of 19-year-old Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev on the Fox 25 Morning News. "Everything you believe is false."

Live coverage w/video.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/262392/boston-marathon

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
changed quote font to normal size

I'm not sure, but for me it sounds like this is a nutcase job. The same which is normally done by one person, but in this case two brothers decided to do it together. No real international terrorism, just boys who got frustrated to life and decided to go with an bang.

No real planing. Few bombs at the first day and the some guns and some explosives while getting away.

They did not even get far after the marathon bombs. They could have very well gone to another state or country if they would have planned it well.

In the way these kind of people are the greatest thread to the societies. These events are very hard to avoid and predict. Integration to the society is one, but there is always some who will fail to do it properly.

Hopefully the second one will get caught alive, so that there is possibility to get the motivation. Then again, it might be that this information is already found from the places they were living.

older brother was sportsmen, a boxer.

http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/-/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/

If he wins enough fights there, Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.

Joke on his social webpage:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/04/19/ap_at_large_bombing_suspect_is_dzhokhar_tsarnaev_19.html

A car goes by with a Chechen, a Dagestani and an Ingush inside. Question: who is driving?

Punchline: The police. The police are driving.

What's up with the dynamite "gift" graphic? sad.png

Edited by Jingthing

Someone already said it. If these guys are Muslim and this is Muslim terror, then they get indoctrinated in the mosques and in their own small world. This is how many acts of terrorism happen. One guy, or a small group of guys, plan this well ahead, and usually with help which often is also discovered. Think of Bin Laden and others being tied to 9/11.

The brains behind these operations don't get involved and don't die. They find suckers who are willing to die. There is all this talk of 72 virgins and all, but even Bin Laden didn't want to die, nor did his closest leaders.

This is far from over, even if they get the second guy. This is another ten year operation of killing those responsible, I'd guess. Seal Team 6 and some drones may have a few jobs ahead of them.

Getting those responsible in any way will be job 1 for a long time, and I'm betting that a lot of people are going to die. Just a hunch, not a fact.

BTW, as to racial profiling, Arabs and Iranians are Caucasian (Caucasoid) as are of course W. Europeans. Profiling for security isn't just about race. It's also about ethnicity and sometimes, just suspicious behavior.

OK. I have a serious question. Is the living suspect a U.S. citizen or not? If he is not a U.S. citizen and he is arrested alive does he get treated Gitmo style as an enemy combatant in the terror war? Obviously if he is a citizen he gets a normal criminal trial.

Edited by Jingthing