Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what do we have here, more lone wolves (seven of them) caught trespassing at the Quabbin resevoir, which supplies Boston's water. They were apparently chemical engineers, five of whom were from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. The decision to grant Saudi nationals trusted traveler status is only perhaps eclipsed for stupidity by the billions of dollars printed to give to Pakistan. I'm not sure what the motive was but don't suppose it was religiously motivated. whistling.gif

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/7-cited-for-trespassing-at-quabbin-reservoir-patrols-stepped-up-across-state/

This is just too obviously suspicious because the seven are of a particular religion we know of too well.

If you were a an innocent and harmless Muslim would you enter the main facility of the city's water supply, at or after midnight, so soon after the Marathon bombings? There are three important points of probative value there.

Any group of young guys can do something stupid in the middle of the night, but given the religion and the national origins of the seven involved, and the horrendous timing, the particular place, all fit into the central questions of law enforcement and of the judiciary, i.e., what are the time, the place, the circumstance(s).

Time: After midnight a month after the Boston Marathon bombings.

Place: The main water reservoir of the city of Boston.

Circumstance(s): Muslim extremists blowing up people in the U.S. and throughout the world, and seeking all kinds of weapons of mass death, destruction. A group of chemists surreptitiously at the main water supply of the city of Boston at midnight a month after the Boston Marathon bombings by Muslim extremists.

This stinks.

I remind myself that people are considered innocent unless they are proved to be guilty. However, because of time, place, circumstance(s), these guys have the presumptive burden to show to the people of Boston, of the U.S, to law enforcement that they are harmless idiots.

Time, place, circumstance says they are either idiots or radicals. I'm confident investigators at all levels will probe this and make a timely determination of which (or both).

Alas, without some (badly needed) preventative detention legislation they will likely walk, giving great succor to anyone wanting to carry out a midnight reccy at any of the thousands of U.S reservoirs. As a side note the recently arrested Canadians also had plans to poison a reservoir, yet more coincidences.

And what do we have here, more lone wolves (seven of them) caught trespassing at the Quabbin resevoir, which supplies Boston's water. They were apparently chemical engineers, five of whom were from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. The decision to grant Saudi nationals trusted traveler status is only perhaps eclipsed for stupidity by the billions of dollars printed to give to Pakistan. I'm not sure what the motive was but don't suppose it was religiously motivated. whistling.gif

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/7-cited-for-trespassing-at-quabbin-reservoir-patrols-stepped-up-across-state/

This is just too obviously suspicious because the seven are of a particular religion we know of too well.

If you were a an innocent and harmless Muslim would you enter the main facility of the city's water supply, at or after midnight, so soon after the Marathon bombings? There are three important points of probative value there.

Any group of young guys can do something stupid in the middle of the night, but given the religion and the national origins of the seven involved, and the horrendous timing, the particular place, all fit into the central questions of law enforcement and of the judiciary, i.e., what are the time, the place, the circumstance(s).

Circumstance(s): Muslim extremists blowing up people in the U.S. and throughout the world, and seeking all kinds of weapons of mass death, destruction. A group of chemists surreptitiously at the main water supply of the city of Boston at midnight a month after the Boston Marathon bombings by Muslim extremists.

This stinks.

I remind myself that people are considered innocent unless they are proved to be guilty. However, because of time, place, circumstance(s), these guys have the presumptive burden to show to the people of Boston, of the U.S, to law enforcement that they are harmless idiots.

Time, place, circumstance says they are either idiots or radicals. I'm confident investigators at all levels will probe this and make a timely determination of which (or both).

Alas, without some (badly needed) preventative detention legislation they will likely walk, giving great succor to anyone wanting to carry out a midnight reccy at any of the thousands of U.S reservoirs. As a side note the recently arrested Canadians also had plans to poison a reservoir, yet more coincidences.

I'm confident the authorities are taking this most seriously and are investigating thoroughly, working, as we say, to connect the dots you so clearly draw. And I believe the dots are there to connect, either as the seven acting as their own unit or as a part of a larger network. They are on the authorities radar screens now. Worse may yet happen to them, and probably will.

Preventative detention. Ouch! Sounds like Darth, er, Dick Cheney.

Edited by Publicus

Some people were upset on this thread when some others commented about 'whats all the fuss', why the world outrage, this happens every day and nobody bothers. Those kind of comments received many rebuttals, yet here we have it, on the world news feed, two bombs kill 9 innocents in Afghanistan and not one post.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640489-twin-bomb-blasts-in-southern-afghanistan-kill-ast-least-9/

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Some people were upset on this thread when some others commented about 'whats all the fuss', why the world outrage, this happens every day and nobody bothers. Those kind of comments received many rebuttals, yet here we have it, on the world news feed, two bombs kill 9 innocents in Afghanistan and not one post.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640489-twin-bomb-blasts-in-southern-afghanistan-kill-ast-least-9/

So is your outrage over the bombing itself or the fact nobody has posted about the bombing?

Non-poster list includes you as well.

This stinks.

I'm confident the authorities are taking this most seriously and are investigating thoroughly, working, as we say, to connect the dots you so clearly draw. And I believe the dots are there to connect, either as the seven acting as their own unit or as a part of a larger network. They are on the authorities radar screens now. Worse may yet happen to them, and probably will.

Preventative detention. Ouch! Sounds like Darth, er, Dick Cheney.

I wish I shared even a small portion of your faith in the authorities 'connecting the dots' as you put it, but with the word jihad removed from the FBI lexicon I do have my doubts. As for preventative detention, draconian, maybe. Ever heard of the paradox of tolerance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

and as if to reinforce a couple of observations I've been making a Saudi (trusted traveler - Thanks J. Napoletano) arrested flying from Detroit with a pressure cooker and altered passport. What with this and the Saudis arrested trespassing at the reservoir I stand by my assertion that the Saudi originally questioned about the Boston bombing and then promptly deported stinks to high heaven. The Saudi government has pledged it's support for the detained, who will no doubt be returning home soon with or without pressure cooker.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268743/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=rsa3fAge

P.S I guess the A.P journalist who worked on this report will already be under surveillance, with the IRS preparing an investigation.

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 1

So is your outrage over the bombing itself or the fact nobody has posted about the bombing?

My my Chukd you have some very funny ideas as to what constitues 'outrage'. I made an observation, simple really.

My my Chukd you have some very funny ideas as to what constitues 'outrage'. I made an observation, simple really.

Outrageous!

• Like 1

@Steely Dan

Yeah, O mighty philosopher king, I'm familiar with the paradox of tolerance concept.

You ever hear of the laws of war, civil rights, human rights, the Constitution of the United States and that we're a free people who need to continue to respect human dignity and set the example of freedom and liberty instead of ourselves being the poster boy of the bad example?

The paradox of tolerance is the apex of arrogance and of a moral self-righteousness akin to Nazism, Stalinism, Maoism and the like.

But that's another topic.

@Steely Dan

Yeah, O mighty philosopher king, I'm familiar with the paradox of tolerance concept.

You ever hear of the laws of war, civil rights, human rights, the Constitution of the United States and that we're a free people who need to continue to respect human dignity and set the example of freedom and liberty instead of ourselves being the poster boy of the bad example?

The paradox of tolerance is the apex of arrogance and of a moral self-righteousness akin to Nazism, Stalinism, Maoism and the like.

Hmmm. Paradox of tolerance - moral self-righteousness? I would prefer to see it as the polar opposite to PC moral relativism. Just one small point, the great mass murdering Ism's are products of the totalitarian left, not right, save for Islamism, which come to think of it has much in common with Nazism.

I take your point though, the Geneva convention. universal human rights and the U.S constitution are central tenets of our (dare I say superior) civilization.

Before I stray too far let's just state it took a month for the media to divulge that a note that amounted to an ideological manifesto was found in the boat. No need to speculate on motivation when it's written in black and white, best let the news go cold before mentioning it. And here is the problem, in order to give the appearance of tolerance the media engages in what amounts to self-censorship, take a look at this for example.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/the-muslims-the-media-doesnt-see

Coming back to tolerance I suggest you read about ESS (Evolutionary stable strategy), which has influenced sociology. The premise being that a given set of circumstances leads to stable behavior within a population. You know, stable such as social security benefits, education, freedom, and the constitution. Sociological orthodoxy has presumed all humans will act in similar ways given a similar environment. The trouble is the sociologists carried out near all their tests using U.S citizens as their guinea pigs. Recently a study was carried out testing these universal assumptions of behavior on different cultures. The results were not as expected, which has a huge bearing on multiculturalism. Sweden is a great case in point, but I realize I've digressed, will PM you with links to new study in sociological theory if you are interested.

A new twist in the case.

As has been noted here before the bad boy brothers had become suspects in the brutal triple murder on Sept. 11, 2011 which before had been unsolved and assumed drug dealing related.

The man shot dead by an FBI agent in Orlando, Florida early today was "about to sign a statement" admitting to a role, along with

Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, in an unsolved triple

murder in Massachusetts in 2011, two people with direct knowledge of

the case told ABC News.

Ibra

gim Todashev "just went crazy," and pulled a knife

during his interview with the FBI, said state and federal law

enforcement officials briefed on the latest strange twist in the

investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/05/22/ibragim_todashev_fbi_agent_shoots_kills_man_with_ties_to_tsarnaev_during.html

This is what many of us had figured for a long time now.

NBC: Boston Bomber Murdered Three People In 2011 Drug Rip-Off

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/tamerlan-tsarnaev-linked-to-2011-murder-2013-5#ixzz2UBUo4kZk

I suspected it strongly the first moment I heard about that old murder case.

Likewise.

No conspiracy theories against the Boston Marathon suspects in connection to these brutal murders can be viable.

We're talking reality here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Boston Bombing Suspect Indicted on 30 Counts

BOSTON — A federal grand jury here issued a 30-count indictment Thursday against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect, charging him with using a weapon of mass destruction that killed 3 people and injured more than 260.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/us/boston-bombing-suspect-is-indicted-on-30-counts.html?_r=0

I see that seventeen of the 30 counts have the death penalty attached to them. This lunatic kid is gonna die, there's no question. I look forward to the day.

Jokar will be arranged in U.S. District Court in Boston July 10th.

The FBI found materials among Jokar's possessions from the U.S. citizen killed in a drone strike abroad, cleric Anwar Al-Alwaki, instructing followers to kill fellow Americans.

The indictments include statements by Jokar that killing innocent civilians was "permitted" because when the United States attacks "one of us, it attacks us all."

Separately, a country grand jury presented state indictments against Jokar for the killing of the MIT police officer and all of the events between then and Jokar's arrest in the boat in the back yard of a house. Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, but a mass murderer dies only once.

Do not rest in peace when your time comes, Jokar. You're a sick puppy, an arrogant deranged murderer.

Edited by Publicus

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately those guys over bomb anyone they can including themselves so it just isn't very shocking like when it happens here.

The National Law Journal:

Indictment Gives Clues to Boston Marathon Bombing Motive

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202608857693&kw=Indictment%20Gives%20Clues%20to%20Boston%20Marathon%20Bombing%20Motive&et=editorial&bu=National%20Law%20Journal&cn=20130628&src=EMC-Email&pt=Daily%20Headlines&slreturn=20130530001033

The court filing provided clues about the motive.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote several messages inside the boat where he had hid and surrendered, including: “The U.S. Government is killing our innocent civilians;” “I can’t stand to see such evil go unpunished;” “We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all;” “Now I don’t like killing innocent people it is forbidden in Islam but due to said [unintelligible] it is allowed;” and “Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.”

The indictment said that the Tsarnaev brothers took several steps to prepare for the bombings. Dzhokhar downloaded a digital copy of three publications promoting violent jihad against those who threaten Islam, it said. He also downloaded a copy of Inspire magazine, reportedly published by al-Queda in the Arabian Penninsula, which includes information about how to build improvised explosive devices using pressure cookers or other materials.

The indictment claimed that the two brothers went to New Hampshire for target practice with 9mm handguns on March 20, and that Dzhokhar opened a prepaid cellphone account on April 14 under the name Jahar Tsarni and used that same phone during the bombings the next day.

The document detailed two steps undertaken by Tamerlan—a February trip to a New Hampshire fireworks shop to buy mortars that contained about eight pounds of low explosive powder; and the April 5 purchase of electronic components that could be used to make improvised explosive devices.

Seventeen of the charges carry either the death penalty or the possibility of life in prison. The remaining charges have a maximum penalty of life in prison or a fixed term of years.

The federal charges include:

Use of a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death and conspiracy.

· Bombing of a place of public use resulting in death and conspiracy.

· Malicious destruction of property resulting in death and conspiracy.

· Use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.

· Use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence causing death.

· Carjacking resulting in serious bodily injury.

· Interference with commerce by threats or violence.

· Aiding and abetting.

The state criminal charges include:

· Murder.· .

· Four counts of armed assault with intent to murder.

· Four counts of assault with a dangerous weapon.

· Abduction.

· Armed robbery

Attempted armed robbery

Unlawful possession of a firearm.

· Possession of a large capacity feeding device.

· Possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number.

During a press conference, Suffolk County, Masschusetts., District Attorney Daniel Conley, who could have pressed state charges for bombings, said that the state will pursue its case after the federal trial is concluded. “Given the facts and circumstances and the many federal statutes available,” the most effective avenue was to prosecute Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in federal court.

Edited by Publicus

Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.”

Sounds reasonable . . .

Apropos

I thought WMDs were a relatively new term but it seems McVeigh was charged with the same thing

Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.

Sounds reasonable . . .

Apropos

I thought WMDs were a relatively new term but it seems McVeigh was charged with the same thing

So you're saying their killing of many innocents at a Marathon was reasonable? God I hope not.

Then why don't guys like these target Muslims or other groups that indiscriminately blow up other Muslims almost daily.

• Like 2

Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.”

Sounds reasonable . . .

JJ, I'm not directing this at you.

I dont always agree with your views whistling.gif

But i do respect, welcome, and read your writings.

Having said that......

What a bunch of crok!!

We agreed that we're at war. So you keep targeting our civilians, and have limited success,

and we'll keep targeting your leaders and have some good success

and lets see who comes out ahead in this war of attrition.

You had your best shot on 9/11,

Admittedly we grown soft, complacent

and werent ready.

So we got cold cocked.

And that shot actually hurt.

But we've recovered

economy is strong as ever

we dont even need your oil any more

and so we have no issues with responding in anyway you choose.

you want a diplomatic solution?

we'll listen

Want diplomacy by the bullet?

We can do that too.

But i hope they have billions of virgins in your heaven

because we have more bullets than the rest of the world combined.

And if you believe the propaganda

every man, woman and child in the US owns and shoots a gun

And if you believe more of the propaganda

Americans get so bored we sometimes shoot each other! <deleted>!!?? blink.png

So giving us a legitimate target to shoot at is just FINE

If you believe the propaganda

So if you want to fight, bring it.

But bring your A game,

because we are bringing ours

ask your dead and hiding leaders.

Message to the leaders in hiding

Dont look up, someone maybe watching youwhistling.gif

I Normally delete my rants prior to posting

but I'm probably going to post this one.

I'm feeling particularly ornery today.annoyed.gif

OUT

A rather nasty assumption has been deleted along with posts replying to it. Please stay on the topic. Please refrain from commenting on other posters and please be civil.

The National Law Journal:

Indictment Gives Clues to Boston Marathon Bombing Motive

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202608857693&kw=Indictment%20Gives%20Clues%20to%20Boston%20Marathon%20Bombing%20Motive&et=editorial&bu=National%20Law%20Journal&cn=20130628&src=EMC-Email&pt=Daily%20Headlines&slreturn=20130530001033

The court filing provided clues about the motive.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote several messages inside the boat where he had hid and surrendered, including: “The U.S. Government is killing our innocent civilians;” “I can’t stand to see such evil go unpunished;” “We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all;” “Now I don’t like killing innocent people it is forbidden in Islam but due to said [unintelligible] it is allowed;” and “Stop killing our innocent people and we will stop.”

The indictment said that the Tsarnaev brothers took several steps to prepare for the bombings. Dzhokhar downloaded a digital copy of three publications promoting violent jihad against those who threaten Islam, it said. He also downloaded a copy of Inspire magazine, reportedly published by al-Queda in the Arabian Penninsula, which includes information about how to build improvised explosive devices using pressure cookers or other materials.

The indictment claimed that the two brothers went to New Hampshire for target practice with 9mm handguns on March 20, and that Dzhokhar opened a prepaid cellphone account on April 14 under the name Jahar Tsarni and used that same phone during the bombings the next day.

The document detailed two steps undertaken by Tamerlan—a February trip to a New Hampshire fireworks shop to buy mortars that contained about eight pounds of low explosive powder; and the April 5 purchase of electronic components that could be used to make improvised explosive devices.

Seventeen of the charges carry either the death penalty or the possibility of life in prison. The remaining charges have a maximum penalty of life in prison or a fixed term of years.

The federal charges include:

· Bombing of a place of public use resulting in death and conspiracy.

· Malicious destruction of property resulting in death and conspiracy.

· Use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.

· Use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence causing death.

· Carjacking resulting in serious bodily injury.

· Interference with commerce by threats or violence.

· Aiding and abetting.

The state criminal charges include:

· Murder.· .

· Four counts of armed assault with intent to murder.

· Four counts of assault with a dangerous weapon.

· Abduction.

· Armed robbery

Attempted armed robbery

Unlawful possession of a firearm.

· Possession of a large capacity feeding device.

· Possession of a firearm with a defaced serial number.

During a press conference, Suffolk County, Masschusetts., District Attorney Daniel Conley, who could have pressed state charges for bombings, said that the state will pursue its case after the federal trial is concluded. “Given the facts and circumstances and the many federal statutes available,” the most effective avenue was to prosecute Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in federal court.

How many words are needed to state the motive was jihad?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't known there was an issue about seeking the death penalty in this case, but apparently there is. Something like 17 of the 30 count indictment carry the punishment of either life or execution. It seems there is the option not to seek the death penalty in each of the charges that carry the ultimate punishment.

The Obama administration apparently has not made the decision at this point.

This guy is a cold blooded murderer. He's only 19 so that per se would have to be the only mitigating factor in the matter of the death penalty. But he is old enough to know and he is militant, still to this day according to his statements since being apprehended.

There would be value to turn him around, as it were, to regret what he did and to abandon his radical Islamist views and actions. So, what then? He is released on parole after 40 years behind bars? What then can he do in society? Not much, I would think.

Stick 'em

Marathon bombing suspect Dzhohkar Tsarnaev pleads not guilty to 30 terror charges at arraignment in federal court in Boston

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the alleged Boston Marathon bomber, made his first public appearance since the April 15 attack Wednesday in a federal court room and pleaded not guilty to a sweeping terrorism indictment that carries the possibility of the death penalty.

With 30 bombing victims in the courtroom, some wearing the Boston Marathon gear, Tsarnaev entered “not guilty” pleas in a thick accent seven times to groups of charges including using a weapon of mass destruction.

Seeming indifferent to the proceedings, Tsarnaev wore an orange prison jumpsuit with the top unbuttoned, and a black T-shirt underneath. His hair was shaggy, consistent with the photos that were released at the time of the bombings.

His face appeared distorted at times as he fidgeted in his seat. There was a visible scar just below his throat, possibly the result of being shot by police, and he was wearing what appeared to be a cast on his left arm.

Tsarnaev became attentive when he looked toward two women sitting in the courtroom, one of whom was weeping while the other held a small child, during the seven minute hearing. As he was being escorted out of the courtroom with cuffs on his hands and feet, Tsarnaev blew a kiss towards the women, believed to be his sisters.

In court, Assistant US Attorney William Weinreb read the charges out loud, saying “The maximum penalty is up to life in prison or the death penalty.”

Tsarnaev’s appearance was the first time he has been seen in public since he was captured April 19 hiding in a boat in the backyard of a Watertown home, an arrest that brought an end to a wave of terror that included the Marathon bombings, the murder of MIT Police Officer Sean Collier and the shutdown of Greater Boston as police sought the terror suspects.

Seeking Death Penalty in Boston Case? A Long Road
WASHINGTON—If the Obama administration tries for the death penalty against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, it could face a long, difficult legal battle in a state that hasn’t seen an execution in nearly 70 years.

Attorney General Eric Holder will have to decide several months before the start of a trial — if there is one — whether to seek death for Tsarnaev. It is the highest-profile such decision yet to come before Holder, who personally opposes the death penalty.

Tsarnaev will be arraigned in U.S. District Court in Boston on Wednesday afternoon — the first public court appearance for the teenager who was found wounded in a boat stored in a suburban backyard after a massive manhunt and a shootout with police in which his brother died last April.
Holder, in making his decision, will get plenty of advice.

“If you have the death penalty and don’t use it in this kind of case where someone puts bombs down in crowds of civilians, then in what kind of case do you use it?” said Aitan D. Goelman, who was part of the legal team that prosecuted Oklahoma City bombing figures Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

Publicus . . . the guy is 19 years old . . . an adult, legally, for most things (except drinking alcohol in many places for some odd reason) . . . and using his young age as a mitigating factor would seem simply ridiculous.

About as ridiculous as his not-guilty pleas

Edited by Sing_Sling

@Steely Dan

Hmmm. Paradox of tolerance - moral self-righteousness? I would prefer to see it as the polar opposite to PC moral relativism. Just one small point, the great mass murdering Ism's are products of the totalitarian left, not right, save for Islamism, which come to think of it has much in common with Nazism.

I take your point though, the Geneva convention. universal human rights and the U.S constitution are central tenets of our (dare I say superior) civilization.

Before I stray too far let's just state it took a month for the media to divulge that a note that amounted to an ideological manifesto was found in the boat. No need to speculate on motivation when it's written in black and white, best let the news go cold before mentioning it. And here is the problem, in order to give the appearance of tolerance the media engages in what amounts to self-censorship, take a look at this for example.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/the-muslims-the-media-doesnt-see

Coming back to tolerance I suggest you read about ESS (Evolutionary stable strategy), which has influenced sociology. The premise being that a given set of circumstances leads to stable behavior within a population. You know, stable such as social security benefits, education, freedom, and the constitution. Sociological orthodoxy has presumed all humans will act in similar ways given a similar environment. The trouble is the sociologists carried out near all their tests using U.S citizens as their guinea pigs. Recently a study was carried out testing these universal assumptions of behavior on different cultures. The results were not as expected, which has a huge bearing on multiculturalism. Sweden is a great case in point, but I realize I've digressed, will PM you with links to new study in sociological theory if you are interested.

CORRECTION: The quotation you attribute to me is a gabled presentation containing a fragment of what I said. The quote attributed to me is 90% by another poster, not by me.