Big Crowds In Gold Shops Today....buying Or Selling?

jaideeguy

The, ah, "drivel" remark was what ?

A little Chang charm ?

Hey, like I said a coupla weeks ago about youse and any gold buys (actual, like, .999) youse might be dreaming about;

Hey. Do yourself a big favor.

fuggeddaboudit ;-)))

Do you think saying "fuggeddaboudit" makes you look knowledgeable or humourous in some way,is that why you keep posting it?

You really are beginning to look very silly on here now,I'd give it up as a bad job if I was you!whistling.gif

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I'll stick with Kitco there, jbrain

You can take that Pattaya society of gold merchants reference to the bank of your choice.

If you need educate yourself about what is "list" (and you sure as hell do)

And for that matter what eesat's paper is as opposed to physical gold, you will not be alone in the library.

But 8 have a feeling you educate "yourself" by insulting people as you have attempted to insult me and what I know about this subject.

In other words you guys took a page from eesat's book.

I'm still waiting for that reference of where I can buy all this .999 gold in Thailand

And the drinks were offered to CMK in what I thought was a private post.

What you fellas DO seem to know way more than I about is how to navigate this board.

to me it seems you are the one who should educate himself and write less rubbish. quite obviously you have no idea about the Thai gold market, its pricing and that it's no problem at all to buy fine gold 999.9 whistling.gif

Why on earth would any gold shop restrict themselves to only selling 96.5% gold and not 99.999%?

I'm sorry sir but we can't touch that gold,it's waaaaayyyyy too pure for us,we only accept 96.5% gold and that's it.

In fact,bring in 96.7% and we'll throw you straight out of the door.How utterly ridiculous!

ermm.gif Now let me think............... Gold goes down, buy or sell? Gold goes up buy or sell? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're comment would be amusing if it was actually correct (usually a good place to start). Gold has been decreasing steadily since September 2012. It didn't just bottom out overnight and spur a rush to buy gold. A couple of factors to consider:

1. The type of people who use gold shops are generally those from lower incomes. Same as the check cashing places back in the US. These people aren't hoarding large quantities of cash and monitoring the price of gold futures on Bloomberg to decide when the right time is to get back into the market.
  2. During Songkran people buy gifts, just like we do at Xmas. Some of us use credit cards around that time if we don't have all of the cash. They use their gold.
  3. The baht is very strong against the dollar as a result of higher demand for the baht which stems from higher direct investment from foreign investors (Check out the recent pronouncement from the central bank). With rock bottom interest rates, Thai banks and financing companies have been lending money faster than they can acquire it. If a Thai bank, financing company, or the government borrows money from overseas, they do so in the lender's domestic currency (say the dollar or yuan). They then convert it into baht, hence the strong demand for baht.

Some may disagree, but it is pretty clear we have a credit bubble here. Home loans and car loans have increased dramatically of recent, however, salaries have remained relatively constant. Pretty clear indicator of what's going on.

I see people buying these bars they didn't strike me as lower class. Don't know that it's much of a bubble as one could have made a couple thousand baht a bar in the past week or so. But I am all for learning new stuff. What does buying a bar of gold for 18,000 baht and selling it in a week for 20,000 baht have to do with a bubble?

Google "Principles of Macroeconomics" and start from there.........

ermm.gif Now let me think............... Gold goes down, buy or sell? Gold goes up buy or sell? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're comment would be amusing if it was actually correct (usually a good place to start). Gold has been decreasing steadily since September 2012. It didn't just bottom out overnight and spur a rush to buy gold. A couple of factors to consider:

1. The type of people who use gold shops are generally those from lower incomes. Same as the check cashing places back in the US. These people aren't hoarding large quantities of cash and monitoring the price of gold futures on Bloomberg to decide when the right time is to get back into the market.
  2. During Songkran people buy gifts, just like we do at Xmas. Some of us use credit cards around that time if we don't have all of the cash. They use their gold.
  3. The baht is very strong against the dollar as a result of higher demand for the baht which stems from higher direct investment from foreign investors (Check out the recent pronouncement from the central bank). With rock bottom interest rates, Thai banks and financing companies have been lending money faster than they can acquire it. If a Thai bank, financing company, or the government borrows money from overseas, they do so in the lender's domestic currency (say the dollar or yuan). They then convert it into baht, hence the strong demand for baht.

Some may disagree, but it is pretty clear we have a credit bubble here. Home loans and car loans have increased dramatically of recent, however, salaries have remained relatively constant. Pretty clear indicator of what's going on.

I see people buying these bars they didn't strike me as lower class. Don't know that it's much of a bubble as one could have made a couple thousand baht a bar in the past week or so. But I am all for learning new stuff. What does buying a bar of gold for 18,000 baht and selling it in a week for 20,000 baht have to do with a bubble?

I wrote, "What does buying a bar of gold for 18,000 baht and selling it in a week for 20,000 baht have to do with a bubble?"

If you have a response make it. If you want to flame me up to you.

So you think that when the BOT lowers interest rates to curb the strong Baht and try and make their exports of rice,cars etc competitive again that's going to help,cheaper home and car loans?

As for direct foreign investment and banks borrowing money overseas to deposit in Thailand at higher rates of interest,I don't need to "Google Macroeconomics",as it's called the carry trade!Banks trade currencies overnight and that's what interest rates are,overnight interest rates at which banks lend to each other.

It's not just Thai banks involved in the carry trade it's every major bank in the world.That's why the Aussie Dollar is plunging now,it's dropped below parity with the US Dollar and is at around 0.99 cents right now,as the RBA dropped their overnight interest rates by 25 basis points or 0.25% to a record low of 2.75%.

Eesat

Do you even read any posts other than your own replies to comments you haven't fully understood ?

A lot of us would just love to know where you can buy anything but a paper position on gold at the spot price.

We buy bullion from places like Tulving's, Kitco and Gainsborough for spot plus a premium.

If you can tell us where to get g&s bullion without paying an over-spot premium please share.

Who's selling gold bullion much cheaper than Kitco?

Just go to these sites and stop trolling the grown-ups with your provocations.

If you want to trade spot gold online you still have to pay the broker or liquidity provider as most are now ECNs,<deleted>!Posted Image

The average spread is 50-75 points or pips,plus you pay swaps on positions left overnight to liquidity providers,do you expect them to do it for free?

Your arguments are weak at best to non-existent at worst!

You're still talking about paper and trading paper.

I don't trade, of flip or margin-play and I never claimed I did.

It was you who waddled into this thread and started mixing my comments about buying physical gold with your handy tips about buying certificates.

I buy and hold physical gold and silver.

I have been away from this site for a few days doing just that.

Can I make this any planer?

This thread started as a conversation about physical gold in Thai shops.

I am talking about buying and holding 999.9 London Fine Good Delivery List Bars and Coins.

This gold is globally fungible with "good delivery list" g&s products.

CMK posted references to Aurora Gold and said they sold .999 there.

I went to the Aurora site (CMK's link was a no show)

A search for .999 gold produced nothing.

No one as yet has told me specifically where in Thailand I can buy .999 list gold bars.

(A crawl of Thai gold sites yielded some *one gram wafers* (no assay ;-)

These one gram non listed wafers with no assay are not fungible with list bullion

They are the equivalent of a hot Thai ruby deal.

That is because .999 list Thai gold does not exist.

If you know I am wrong, *you can simply post the link.*

Post that link. That Thai link. Post it.

No one among all the experts who have been going on and on about "gold" "Thai gold" and "any Thai gold shop" has posted a link.

Eeesat has re formulated and redacted what I have said so many times I wonder if he can really, in the end, stand to admit that he has been going on about something other than my original comments regarding the purchase and holding of .999 London Fine.

So, eesat, you and anything other than paper gold ? And in all likelihood, not even that ?

Fuggeddaboudit !

I suspect your jibber jabber comments arise from an eavesdrop or two on the odd conversation about gold with people who have friends who used to do it.

Why?

If you're into a trade now, unless you shorted, you are taking a real good bath.

Anybody who wants informed commentary regarding physical gold and the criminal manipulation of the physical golf and silver market should go to Paul Craig Roberts' site.

Eesat

Do you even read any posts other than your own replies to comments you haven't fully understood ?

A lot of us would just love to know where you can buy anything but a paper position on gold at the spot price.

We buy bullion from places like Tulving's, Kitco and Gainsborough for spot plus a premium.

If you can tell us where to get g&s bullion without paying an over-spot premium please share.

Who's selling gold bullion much cheaper than Kitco?

Just go to these sites and stop trolling the grown-ups with your provocations.

If you want to trade spot gold online you still have to pay the broker or liquidity provider as most are now ECNs,<deleted>!rolleyes.gif

The average spread is 50-75 points or pips,plus you pay swaps on positions left overnight to liquidity providers,do you expect them to do it for free?

Your arguments are weak at best to non-existent at worst!

You're still talking about paper and trading paper.

I don't trade, of flip or margin-play and I never claimed I did.

It was you who waddled into this thread and started mixing my comments about buying physical gold with your handy tips about buying certificates.

I buy and hold physical gold and silver.

I have been away from this site for a few days doing just that.

Can I make this any planer?

I am talking about buying and holding 999.9 London Fine Good Delivery List Bars and Coins.

No one as yet has told me specifically where in Thailand I can buy .999 list gold bars.

(A crawl of Thai gold sites yielded some *one gram wafers* (no assay ;-)

These one gram non listed wafers with no assay are not fungible with list bullion

They are the equivalent of a hot Thai ruby deal.

That is because .999 list Thai gold does not exist.

If you know I am wrong, *you can simply post the link.*

Post that link. That Thai link. Post it.

No one among all the experts who have been going on and on about "gold" "Thai gold" and "any Thai gold shop" has posted a link.

Eeesat has re formulated and redacted what I have said so many times I wonder if he can really, in the end, stand to admit that he has been going on about something other than my original comments regarding the purchase and holding of .999 London Fine.

So, eesat, you and anything other than paper gold ? And in all likelihood, not even that ?

Fuggeddaboudit !

I suspect your jibber jabber comments arise from an eavesdrop or two on the odd conversation about gold with people who have friends who used to do it.

Why?

If you're into a trade now, unless you shorted, you are taking a real good bath.

Anybody who wants informed commentary regarding physical gold and the criminal manipulation of the physical golf and silver market should go to Paul Craig Roberts' site.

http://www.aurora.co.th/

The link is working. Do you live in Thailand?

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

I realize OT, but interested in your English usage - what is your nationality and ethnicity if you don't mind sharing?

> Fuggeddaboudit !

I believe this is supposed to be Italian-American mafia talk.

> jibber jabber comments

I've never heard this, sound maybe Indian (diaspora?)

Regarding the topic, right up the road from me in the Makkasan jewelry district of Bangkok - a HUGE industry here - are quite a few assay labs that are in the business of certifying precious metals content. I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be relatively easy to buy whatever quantity you like at whatever purity you like of whatever PMs you like.

And the Aurora link is working perfectly well for me from here as well, although I didn't see an English language option.

Edited by PalMan

The Flucuasians may indicate the market is being Manipulated

The small player has little chance.

For those who say I will never sell it it is not an investment but a keepsake or bauble or possibly an inheritence.

Bullion has seldom been convenient when you have to buy Two and half men or get 3 and a Thai lady as change

Ah yes. Aurora gold. Why didn't I think of Aurora gold ?

Well, perhaps I haven't been into Big C or Tesco all that often to buy gold.

I'll just leave you all with your .999 Aurora trinkets, your silly troll claims that you can buy .999 "at any gold shop in Thailand" and whatever else you lads care to dream up.

Question: What's the difference between your purchase of *non-list*, Thai .999 gold and a handful of pinkish looking "rubies" or black as coal "sapphires" from a Thai jeweler who swears you can sell 'em for a handsome profit when you return to your mates at the Fox and Merkin back in B'roke-Ash-on-D'Ole ?

And you eeesat ? And your paper ?

Good luck getting out of that hole.

Read Paul Craig Roberts' analysis of what's happened to your latest trade. (That is if you've even made any lately ;-)

I realize OT, but interested in your English usage - what is your nationality and ethnicity if you don't mind sharing?

> Fuggeddaboudit !

> jibber jabber comments

Regarding the topic, right up the road from me in the Makkasan jewelry district of Bangkok - a HUGE industry here - are quite a few assay labs that are in the business of certifying precious metals content. I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be relatively easy to buy whatever quantity you like at whatever purity you like of whatever PMs you like.

And the Aurora link is working perfectly well for me from here as well, although I didn't see an English language option.

Yes, I get there as well. Now where's the .999 London Good Delivery ?

> Fuggeddaboudit !

> jibber jabber comments

But like everybody else with his comments here, you are just giving your opinion.

No facts, no links, no anecdotal account of how one could possibly, to the satisfaction the lads at Hua Heng Sen, certify a bar of gold off-premises and ensure for them that it's the same bar or coin or whatever.

India? Italian-American "mafia"

Your comment/enquiry is a tad too higgeldy-piggeldy to warrant comment.

I use a broad range of diction in my posts. If you find my word choices confusing, may I suggest you perhaps dial back a smidge on your dated racist assumptions and expose yourself to the palette of delightful turns of phrase currently available to competent speakers of English.

Or, as seems your wont, lower the bar.

But if your general intent is to impugn my comments and my integrity with a selection of ethnic slurs and dross?

Fuggeddaboudit ;-))))))

> Fuggeddaboudit !

> jibber jabber comments

You could have just said you don't live in Thailand and saved everyone some time.

why wasting time discussing the brush stroke of an old master's painting with a blind man? Posted Image

Relax, Naam.

While your exciting 2002 gold acquisition has the board all a-tingle with admiration as they reach for their calculators, your considered opinions on the matter amount to snippets of folklore and cherished whisps of illusion.

As for your self-congratulatory appreciations for the brush strokes of an old master, well, I can only my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences for your having wandered so far into such Philistine territory.

Back to your self-congratulatory strokes, there.

• Like 1

> Fuggeddaboudit !

> jibber jabber comments

You could have just said you don't live in Thailand and saved everyone some time.

Wrong again, CMK.

Your Five and Dime, "Kresge Gold" reference bears *no* reference to .999

There's another guy here who's all a-flutter about accessing .999 in "two or three business days" from Patts.

I'm "here" enough to be able to reference that the current H&M billboard on Siam Paragon's North wall facing the Mor Chit platform features a gal sporting a tiny finger-tatt and 50% off. And, more importantly that the gold shops are half-stripped of stock and have no 999 for sale. N-o-n-e

Only 96.5% (23kt) at best.

You have not responded to my Aurora search that yielded no .999 or for that matter any link to a credible .999 source here in LOS.

Any and all other references to Thai .999 have come from posters who are prime candidates for a cunning ruby/sapphire deal or who like eesat would like us to appreciate that he is a paper gold speculator of some substance and experience who hasn't been skinned alive by this latest reversal of the leverage artist's fortune. But whose contribution has little to do with the OP or my remarks unless he redacts them into his own self-serving senseless version of what's been said.

This thread started as a discussion about whether gold shop customers we saw lined up illoutside all the Bkk gold shops were buying or selling.

If they can find anything to buy, they are buying.

If you want physical .999 London Fine gold that's globally fungible you have no choice but to buy it from a reputable dealer like Kitco, Tulving or Gainsborough or if you like paying huge fees, the banks.

I am still waiting for that link CMK. Your link to a Thai language Five and Dime gold dealer and these offhand references to "any gold shop in Thailand" have stripped y'all of any traces of credibility in this discussion and for that matter comments you might be inspired to make on most other threads.

Hey, fuggeddaboudit CMK

• Like 1

> Fuggeddaboudit !

> jibber jabber comments

Wrong again, CMK.

Your Five and Dime, "Kresge Gold" reference bears *no* reference to .999

There's another guy here who's all a-flutter about accessing .999 in "two or three business days" from Patts.

I'm "here" enough to be able to reference that the current H&M billboard on Siam Paragon's North wall facing the Mor Chit platform features a gal sporting a tiny finger-tatt and 50% off. And, more importantly that the gold shops are half-stripped of stock and have no 999 for sale. N-o-n-e

Only 96.5% (23kt) at best.

You have not responded to my Aurora search that yielded no .999 or for that matter any link to a credible .999 source here in LOS.

Any and all other references to Thai .999 have come from posters who are prime candidates for a cunning ruby/sapphire deal or who like eesat would like us to appreciate that he is a paper gold speculator of some substance and experience who hasn't been skinned alive by this latest reversal of the leverage artist's fortune. But whose contribution has little to do with the OP or my remarks unless he redacts them into his own self-serving senseless version of what's been said.

This thread started as a discussion about whether gold shop customers we saw lined up illoutside all the Bkk gold shops were buying or selling.

If they can find anything to buy, they are buying.

If you want physical .999 London Fine gold that's globally fungible you have no choice but to buy it from a reputable dealer like Kitco, Tulving or Gainsborough or if you like paying huge fees, the banks.

I am still waiting for that link CMK. Your link to a Thai language Five and Dime gold dealer and these offhand references to "any gold shop in Thailand" have stripped y'all of any traces of credibility in this discussion and for that matter comments you might be inspired to make on most other threads.

Hey, fuggeddaboudit CMK

Try speaking English. Like I said, it would be easier if you lived in Thailand.

Try this guy for size.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/

Have a read through Dr Roberts take on what's happened to the *two markets* for gold I refer to.

About Dr. Paul Craig Roberts

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following. His latest book, The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and Economic Dissolution of the West is now available.

Now, admittedly, we are indebted to Eeesat, there for his nuts and bolts experience with paper gold trades but a quick read of the OP will remind us that this thread originally about Thai gold shops and physical gold had little to do with speculative trades and naked shorts and, oh yeah, pips (we are forever in eesat's debt for that riveting explanation of what a "pip" was.

Goodness gracious, where would we be without eesat ;-?

Hey CMK, (formerly from Chiangmai Mai but at this time who knows ;-? Or really cares ????

As to whether *I'm* here in Bkk ?

That H&M billboard reference is as solid as those lower Siam stn Mor Chit line, level-entry gates which went in two months ago ;-)

Or, if you wish, to the three tower cranes on the other side of the track (in a couple of days they'll be adding a box-frame to the crane obscured by the lift shaft) or to an embarrassingly documented and detailed threesome ;-$?.

A post with messed up quote headers has been removed, When you get this message:

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

Don't use the BBCode Mode switch to bypass this as it only leaves a post with garbled quote headers. In other words:

fuggeddaboudit ;-))))

• Like 1

The Aurora website lists .999 gold bars for 20,180 today. If you live in Thailand stop by and check it out.

But if you know so much about it why are you asking the folks on Thai Visa in some odd Indian English dialect?

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

But like everybody else with his comments here, you are just giving your opinion.

No facts, no links, no anecdotal account of how one could possibly, to the satisfaction the lads at Hua Heng Sen, certify a bar of gold off-premises and ensure for them that it's the same bar or coin or whatever.

India? Italian-American "mafia"

Your comment/enquiry is a tad too higgeldy-piggeldy to warrant comment.

I use a broad range of diction in my posts. If you find my word choices confusing, may I suggest you perhaps dial back a smidge on your dated racist assumptions and expose yourself to the palette of delightful turns of phrase currently available to competent speakers of English.

Or, as seems your wont, lower the bar.

But if your general intent is to impugn my comments and my integrity with a selection of ethnic slurs and dross?

Fuggeddaboudit ;-))))))

No, I'm not impugning anything, and in fact am quite happy to accept that you are physically present in Thailand, genuinely in search of international-standard gold to physically purchase and having a hard time finding any in the country.

I also completely agree with the sentiments expressed in most of Paul Craig Roberts' writings, and in fact have been saying many of the same things for many years now, and feel the time is coming closer when we'll all have to pay for the recklessness of TPTB, not least US citizens who find themselves living in increasingly explicit fascist conditions.

I'm just asking about the language stuff because I'm curious, why wouldn't you want to disclose that?

"a tad too higgledy-piggeldy" is not meaningful to me, and your repeated use of forget about it also doesn't convey anything anymore except maybe similar to F^# Off?

Are you specifically looking for that one LBMA spec standard type of bar? Or would COMEX or Shanghai standard bars do as well?

What does Hua Heng Sen say when you ask them, if you're willing to wait for delivery?

Ah yes. Aurora gold. Why didn't I think of Aurora gold ?

Well, perhaps I haven't been into Big C or Tesco all that often to buy gold.

I'll just leave you all with your .999 Aurora trinkets, your silly troll claims that you can buy .999 "at any gold shop in Thailand" and whatever else you lads care to dream up.

Question: What's the difference between your purchase of *non-list*, Thai .999 gold and a handful of pinkish looking "rubies" or black as coal "sapphires" from a Thai jeweler who swears you can sell 'em for a handsome profit when you return to your mates at the Fox and Merkin back in B'roke-Ash-on-D'Ole ?

And you eeesat ? And your paper ?

Good luck getting out of that hole.

Read Paul Craig Roberts' analysis of what's happened to your latest trade. (That is if you've even made any lately ;-)

I've been shorting gold for many many months,since George Soros and Blackrock started executing sell orders on their gold positions,the only big hitter still in gold is John Paulson and he's lost USD $165 million for the first quarter of this year.In fact Soros Fund Management LLC lowered its investment in the SPDR

Gold Trust,the biggest such fund,by 12 percent to 530,900 shares as of March 31st.

I've made a large pile of cash from it thankyou,how about you,if you're such an expert have you made any money on gold falling off a cliff?

The link that Chiang Mai Kelly posted quite clearly states halfway down that they sell 99.99% gold,it's in Roman numerals or can't your read that and that's why you keep posting in Hindi?

I've never seen a man so in denial and sinking faster than gold right now,do you still reject the stone cold fact that spot gold is the price at which physical gold is traded or still thinks it's there just for everyone's amusement?

Every theory you have put up here has been utterly debunked by a variety of posters on here,it really is time to give it up as a bad job now!

Sensible and accurate conversation from Donnie Brasco regarding the gold market..........Fuggeddaboudit !

Edited by Eesat

The point he's making - for sure in a very obnoxious manner, but that doesn't alter the validity of the point - is that the market for physical gold, where you actually walk away with the metal on your person, has been departing from the international "bankster" market based on paper (actually bits flying around computer networks) which in turn for normal people is based on nothing more than their faith in government central banks and the financial industry.

To refute that point, he's asking for someone to give him specific information on where it is possible to physically purchase international-standard gold bars, and although I'm sure that is possible in Bangkok, apparently no one has done so - Aurora is apparently a retail jewelry seller? I don't know I don't read Thai.

Apparently it is getting much harder to purchase physical gold with the same minimal difference as before between the spot (theoretical) price and the total required to actually take possession.

If it turns out that the Fed actually couldn't deliver Germany the gold it was holding for them because it's actually not in its vaults rather than some other unknown reason, this price difference will probably widen.

China and India aren't as likely to take at face value TPTB PR and their lapdog corporate media outlets as gullible farang sheeple.

I've located the site and confirmed it should be a very productive starting point - "Bangkok Assay Office" @ 13.72531,100.516244 - plug into Google maps.

Also found this interesting resource: http://www.goldbarsworldwide.com/PDF/NB_1_BarsFromThailand.pdf

As well as a several statements that wealthy Thais go to Hong Kong to purchase their 99.99% goal for wealth storage purposes.

And this:

YLG Group: http://www.ylgbullion.com/th/index.php

Yoo Lim Gold Factory Co, Ltd. was established in 1993 to manufacture and export gold jewelry to various countries worldwide in North America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia. The company offers finished gold jewelry in 9K, 10K, 14K, and 18K purity, set with gemstones, in a variety of designs, for supplying to jewellery wholesalers around the world. YLG also provides made-to-order services which include the designing and production of jewelry to customer’s requirements.

YLG Bullion International Co., Ltd. was established in 2003 to cater to the demand for gold bars in the domestic market from both jewelry manufacturers and investors. YLG is the largest 99.99% gold bar importer of Thailand. The gold bars are guaranteed by the LBMA (London Bullion Market Association). The company also imports leading gold bar brands i.e. Perth Mint (Australia), Johnson Matthey (Hong Kong), Argor Heraeus, Valcambi (Switzerland), Mitsubishi (Japan), etc.

Edited by PalMan

the farang "sheeple" do not culturally horde gold like asians. that is why there is not a gold shop on every farang street. they dont give gold as a dowry. it is not the first thing a farang wants to buy when they get a job and get some money.

also, in the USA the investment tax laws on gold tax it at 28% rate.

the lack of general demand for gold in the USA makes margins high. what makes them even higher is that the people buying it think that it will make them rich and that the world is ending. so these people buying in the USA are particularly stupid. so you have a situation where:

lack of general demand + demand that does exist is made up of morons = very high margins.

Thailand has a lot of general demand so margins are small and profits are not taxed.

Hope that clears it up.

Edited by farang000999