Big Crowds In Gold Shops Today....buying Or Selling?

jaideeguy

I don't live in Chiang Mai anymore so I can't tell you. But why would a gold shop care about the price? They get the same commission no matter what the price of the gold, don't they?

I'm thinking someone in the gold shop chain of supply buys the gold to sell on.

And they aren't just selling on commission.

In which case they wouldn't be selling something they bought and paid for at a big loss.

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live in Chiang Mai anymore so I can't tell you. But why would a gold shop care about the price? They get the same commission no matter what the price of the gold, don't they?

As AOA already explained to you, and you should know since you live long enough in Thailand for that, in a situation like this a Thai will tell you " no have " while the stock is pulling out of the cabinets in the storage at the same time.

Look at the gaspumps or the cigarettes at 7/11 when they know the price will increase the next day, at once they are all empty the day before laugh.png

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Fellas:

http://www.aurora.co.th/products.php?cat=8

That's 96.5 or about 23kt.

Look at these ingots and wafers.

As far as I can see, these are Aurora's only ingots.

The are not London listed.

Have I got this wrong ?

Why you don't walk into the first the best goldshop in Thailand you can find and ask them?

What you say, you never been to Thailand yet ?

They are not the pure gold that you buy in the West.

They ostensibly "lower" price is worth looking into.

Good luck to all.

But don't go buying these bars as .999 if Mr. Aurora himself is telling you they are .965

The lower gold content may account for the lower price.

Now go to the Kitco gold products page.

Look at the difference between Kitco or RCM or Perth's .999 list price and the SPOT price.

Once again, I am talking about bullion.

I am not talking about paper trades or futures or anything of the sort.

You buy this stuff and you hold it in your hot sweaty little hand.

If you can buy London Good Delivery .999 here, and not something that's .965, please tell me where.

Apologies to the board.

I meant that post to CMK to be a private post.

But in summation, I would hate to see any of you buying .965 thinking it was .999

Or, for that matter, buying eesat's paper as if it were as good as gold.

It's not,

It's paper.

If you are buying gold as a safe store of value you should buy gold; physical gold.

If you want to play with 23 kt Thai gold in baht weight measurements at least understand what you are getting into.

• Like 1

Fellas:

http://www.aurora.co.th/products.php?cat=8

That's 96.5 or about 23kt.

Look at these ingots and wafers.

As far as I can see, these are Aurora's only ingots.

The are not London listed.

Have I got this wrong ?

Why you don't walk into the first the best goldshop in Thailand you can find and ask them?

What you say, you never been to Thailand yet ?

Wrong again, jbrain.

BTW you can "buy gold online" as Eeesat suggests.

You do it his way you get paper.

You do it the Kitco, Tulving or Gainsborough way you get physical gold.

Good luck to all.

But don't go buying these bars as .999 if Mr. Aurora himself is telling you they are .965

Look at the difference between Kitco or RCM or Perth's .999 list price and the SPOT price.

If you can buy London Good Delivery .999 here, and not something that's .965, please tell me where.

Apologies to the board.

But in summation, I would hate to see any of you buying .965 thinking it was .999

It's not,

It's paper.

If you are buying gold as a safe store of value you should buy gold; physical gold.

If you want to play with 23 kt Thai gold in baht weight measurements at least understand what you are getting into.

So according to your drivel there is a difference in 99.9% gold ?

The goldshop on Pattaya klang between Lengkee restaurant and the kasikorn bank has them in the counter in 1-5-and 10 Baht weight with 99.9% and an official gold organisation stamp engraved in the bar.

Besides them they have the 96.5% at a different price.

Edited by jbrain

Here's the Kitco products page.

There's a premium on all their gold.

The smaller the piece the bigger the premium.

https://online.kitco.com/bullion/completelist_USD.html

Compare this sale of .999 London Fine

With Aurora's .965 Thai gold and their use of the baht weight equal to 15.23 gms

As opposed to a Troy oz. which is 31.1034 gms.

So if you buy here in Thailand you get 23kt and you get it measured in the Thai way.

These "packaging" differences will more than account for the difference in price.

Sorry, but I'll stick with Kitco there, jbrain

You can take that Pattaya society of gold merchants reference to the bank of your choice.

If you need educate yourself about what is "list" (and you sure as hell do)

And for that matter what eesat's paper is as opposed to physical gold, you will not be alone in the library.

But 8 have a feeling you educate "yourself" by insulting people as you have attempted to insult me and what I know about this subject.

In other words you guys took a page from eesat's book.

I'm still waiting for that reference of where I can buy all this .999 gold in Thailand

And the drinks were offered to CMK in what I thought was a private post.

What you fellas DO seem to know way more than I about is how to navigate this board.

• Like 1

Good luck to all.

Apologies to the board.

It's not,

It's paper.

So according to your drivel there is a difference in 99.9% gold ?

The goldshop on Pattaya klang between Lengkee restaurant and the kasikorn bank has them in the counter in 1-5-and 10 Baht weight with 99.9% and an official gold organisation stamp engraved in the bar.

Besides them they have the 96.5% at a different price.

Ok jbrain.

Lets just call that price differential a tax on foolishness and fools.

But since you seem to be in the market, I've got some lovely rubies and sapphires you might be interested in.

You can take that Pattaya society of gold merchants reference to the bank of your choice.

And for that matter what eesat's paper is as opposed to physical gold, you will not be alone in the library.

But 8 have a feeling you educate "yourself" by insulting people as you have attempted to insult me and what I know about this subject.

I'm still waiting for that reference of where I can buy all this .999 gold in Thailand

What you fellas DO seem to know way more than I about is how to navigate this board.

I'm not insulting you, you're doing a very good job at that yourself.

Now two people have pointed you already where to buy 99.9% gold in Thailand, and you call both liars.

Now here is a third one, and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about if it concerns gold, which I can not say of you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/218064-where-is-gold-going-in-this-market/?p=6223240

Naam, on 20 Mar 2013 - 06:10, said:

any big goldshop in Pattaya will order 999.9 fine gold for you. it takes 2-3 working days for delivery from BKK and you pay the prevailing price when ordering. i have never seen a goldshop in Thailand which publishes the price for fine gold, it's always 96.5 which is standard for most of Asia.

Have a good day, it is clear that it's a waste of time discussing things with you, hence the fact that everybody has left the thread.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Buy and Sell Aurora Thailand 99.9% today 21,170 21,220

Is online cheaper or more expensive?

Maybe I didn't ask correctly. But..... Is it more profitible to buy gold on line or 99.9% pure gold bars in a Thai gold shop given one is correct at projecting a profitable position? A few days ago the price was 18,000 and today it's 21,000. Very little risk holding real gold eh? A few percent as opposed to whatever one has to put up for margin on line. But what is the cash profit difference?

The lowest official price recently was 18,600bht and nobody was selling at that price, 19,300bht was the lowest I could actually buy it (and take it home).

I would be interested to hear if anyone in CM managed to make a physical purchase from a gold shop for below 19k3, and if so, how much it cost.

Exactly

I called no one a liar.

I disputed their claim with links.

If you check the links to Aurora and Kitco and do the arithmetic (it ain't even math :-))))) you will have the answer to two questions.

First one concerns the availability of .999 London list Fine in Thailand and the second (admittedly a bit of a subtext) is why you will never really have any :-))))

• Like 1

Aurora will purchase your 96.5% gold bars today for 20,100 and Aurora will purchase your 99.99% gold bars today for 20,815

Aurora has 110 stores in Thailand. I don't know what the big deal is. Aurora charges a commission of 50Baht to purchase 99.9% gold bars or 100 baht to purchase 96.5% gold bars.

Does someone think you can't buy 99.9% gold bars or 96.5% gold bars in Thailand? Aurora has 110 shops and the price is on the home page of their website. They run out of bars sometimes but they get more in later.

They charge extra if you want to use a credit card. I went to the ATM in the mall and got cash. It's not a big deal.

Aurora will purchase your 96.5% gold bars today for 20,100 and Aurora will purchase your 99.99% gold bars today for 20,815

Aurora has 110 stores in Thailand. I don't know what the big deal is. Aurora charges a commission of 50Baht to purchase 99.9% gold bars or 100 baht to purchase 96.5% gold bars.

Does someone think you can't buy 99.9% gold bars or 96.5% gold bars in Thailand? Aurora has 110 shops and the price is on the home page of their website. They run out of bars sometimes but they get more in later.

They charge extra if you want to use a credit card. I went to the ATM in the mall and got cash. It's not a big deal.

Your previous posts claimed you could have bought for 18k and sold for 21k.

I posted you could only really buy at 19k3.

You now just posted you could sell at 20k1.

Do you see the problems I have with your posts?

The magic 3k instant profit you previously claimed, has now mysteriously become a 800bht profit.

Which IMHO was not worth the risk.

The magic 3k instant profit you previously claimed, has now mysteriously become a 800bht profit.

Prices change. It was 18 a week or so ago when I was talking about that. Today I quoted the prices that are on the website.

The prices follow the price of gold and change as the price of gold changes. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

The price of gold a week or so ago was 18,000 now it's 20,000. If you would have bought when it was 18,000 you could now sell at 20,000 or 21,000 or whatever it is when you sell it. Best to quote my posts if you are going to take a shot at me.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Prices change. It was 18 a week or so ago when I was talking about that. Today I quoted the prices that are on the website.

The prices follow the price of gold and change as the price of gold changes. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

The price of gold a week or so ago was 18,000 now it's 20,000. If you would have bought when it was 18,000 you could now sell at 20,000 or 21,000 or whatever it is when you sell it. Best to quote my posts if you are going to take a shot at me.

I dispute you could ever buy for less than 19k3, nobody yet has posted they managed to do that.

Plenty of gold bugs in this forum, how come they couldn't buy at the cheapest price 18k6? FANTASY

What day and what shop could anyone buy at 18k? FANTASY

What day could anyone buy at 21k? FANTASY

Can you understand the difference between reality and fantasy?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

to me it seems you are the one who should educate himself and write less rubbish. quite obviously you have no idea about the Thai gold market, its pricing and that it's no problem at all to buy fine gold 999.9 whistling.gif

• Like 2

Aurora quotes as lowest price THB 18,950 on april 17.

• Like 2

I dispute you could ever buy for less than 19k3, nobody yet has posted they managed to do that.

Plenty of gold bugs in this forum, how come they couldn't buy at the cheapest price 18k6? FANTASY

What day and what shop could anyone buy at 18k? FANTASY

What day could anyone buy at 21k? FANTASY

Can you understand the difference between reality and fantasy?

I bought 1 baht bars of gold for 12,850 in May of 2008.

Every shop in Thailand follows the gold price set by the Thai Gold Traders Association.

Thai Gold price does not fluctuate very often like the world gold market, because it only changes in multiples of 50 baht and Thai Gold shops are required to immediately change their display prices when the price is announced.

Thai Gold shops mostly have all the prices displayed in the unit of baht and of 23 carat purity.

99% pure gold is also sold in some shops in Thailand. Gold is sold in many forms such as jewellery, bars, biscuits, commemorative coins, chinese coins, etc. The price of each form of gold may differ from the standard price for gold bullion bars because of othe charges such as making charge, craftsmanship, purity, etc Many gold shops also buy gold and their buying price is often 100 baht less than the selling price.

http://www.goldpricethai.com/facts

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I bought 1 baht bars of gold for 12,850 in May of 2008

i remember THB 5,500-6,000 in the 80s.

Of course you did. The point being for Anotherone that the price of Thai gold goes up and down and that is what determines the selling price. There is no magic floor of 19 or ceiling or any other fixed amounts. The price of Thai gold is determined by the market price for gold.

I bought 1 baht bars of gold for 12,850 in May of 2008

i remember THB 5,500-6,000 in the 80s.

Of course you did. The point being for Anotherone that the price of Thai gold goes up and down and that is what determines the selling price. There is no magic floor of 19 or ceiling or any other fixed amounts. The price of Thai gold is determined by the market price for gold.

Exactly,that price being the spot price!

There are levels of resistance and support and the general rule is the more zeros there are,the stronger the support/resistance is.For instance 10.00 or 20.00 would be much stronger support or resistance than 15.00 or 25.00.Which in turn would be stronger than say,15.50 and 25.50.

No,Donnie Brasco has quite clearly stated that the spot price for trading gold,paper or otherwise bears no relation and has no connection to the price of physical gold whatsoever.

In fact it's just put there to keep precious metal traders in a job and from getting bored!whistling.gif

• Like 1