Ebay-Ship To Thailand

chiangrai

Hi,

I'm new to computers and i just got myself set up with PayPal and eBay.

half of the sellers don't ship to Thailand.

I find this on eBay.com and eBay.co.uk.

Any advice on weeding this problem out and which site is better for using in Thailand.

I've had a lot of help from ThaiVisa to get me this far

and I will be grateful for any more.

O.K

That's opened a whole new world for me.I will have to leave it till the morning.

Can you drop a few names of these other eBay alternative sites.

And how do they compare price wise with eBay.

It's mainly clothes I buy online,

thanks a lot

I think a lot of sellers via ebay and other businesses don't want to ship to Thailand due to three things. Price of shipping, forms to be filled out, and dealing with lost shipments. It is difficult at best to track a shipment once it leaves the U.S. unless the VERY expensive FedEx or UPS type shippers are used.

I buy quite a lot from Ebay, and yes, many sellers won't ship to Thailand, if that's the case simply move on and find your product from one who does.

If you really have to go to a seller who won't ship here by default it's always worth sending a message asking for a special case, many will oblige.

Using the 'advanced' search with the 'available to' option will narrow things down a bit.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or if you are only interested in items from abroad but you can filter ebay to only shows sellers from Thailand. Then you do not have to worry about high shipping fees or customs charging tariffs on the items. I know I received a wall plaque as a retirement gift from the USA and had to pay a 1000 baht tariff to receive it using FedEx or they would not give me the package. The problem is that FedEx pays the fee for you prior to delivery. Anyway when I use Ebay I filter to only show sellers from Thailand and if they have what I am looking for all is good, if not I move on. Also you have to watch Paypal charging high hidden foreign currency deduction rates, I learned that the hard way and I believe it is two and a half percent of the purchase price if I remember right. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I think a lot of sellers via ebay and other businesses don't want to ship to Thailand due to three things. Price of shipping, forms to be filled out, and dealing with lost shipments. It is difficult at best to track a shipment once it leaves the U.S. unless the VERY expensive FedEx or UPS type shippers are used.

Can't agree. Things sent by registered mail or EMS from the US, Europe or other countries in Asia are picked up on the Thai Post Office tracking system. Things I've sent to the US by EMS are tracked by the Thai Post Office website up to and including showing who signed for them when received.

I've sent and received 100's of items bought or sold on eBay through the Thai Post Office. Nothing has gone missing or been unduly delayed. Actually things sent to the US usually reach the US in a matter of a few days and then take much longer to be delivered once in the hands of the USPS.

Whenever I've found something I wanted, but which wasn't available to Thailand I've sent a message to the seller. In almost every case they've agreed to ship to me if I buy or win in an auction.

• Like 1

A lot of ebay sellers are from china. I find those sellers the most agreeable when sending things to TL. otherwise the shiipping costs are too high. and even then, a lot of sellers will not ship to TL.

I'm guessing they've either had bad experience, or they've heard horror stories about shipping to TL.

If i was a seller in the US, I would not ship to TL also. Too much risk. Its just business.

Hi,

I have been shopping on Ebay for a few years and agree that some will not ship to Thailand for a variety of reasons. Having said that I have been able to purchase anything and just this week have had 3 deliveries including a Blu-Ray 3D Region Free player. Since January of this year carriers have increased their costs and many sellers assumed that with such a large increase in postage costs no one would be interested. They therefore changed their shipping details and withdrew from offering International shipping. If you ask many will agree to ship and offer to provide shipping costs.

i shipped once from uk to thailand an ebay item . regular postage , not signed for

i just asked the buyer to email me his adress in thai script , no problem at all but he was located in bangkok ... not sure about sending stuff in the country side .

O.K,

Thanks to all that replied.shipito.com sounds good but I try to stay away from America when buying clothes because in the u.k I am small,in America I'm extra small,I think.

Rakuten Global market is my only contribution for clothes.I am medium in Asia.

Out of five packages sent to me (not from Ebay, private sender) I've had a couple of packages that I have never received.

The packages were sent out with my address in Thai script every time.

It wasn't so much the expence that really annoyed me, it was the contents I never got..

Four large blocks of Cadburies dairy milk!!!!!!!!!!! sad.pngpassifier.gif

(in each!!

Since moving to Thailand from the UK some years ago I've had about 8 parcels "go missing" en route from eBay sellers to me.

This happened with suppliers based in China, UK, USA and Ireland (with low-cost items that were not really worth paying for tracking postage on) - I eventually decided to get an EMS tracked item sent from Hong Kong and when it didn't arrive I checked the tracking site only to discover it was marked "delivered" and even had my wife's (forged) signature!

We caused a bit of a disturbance at our local main post office and finally the guy in charge accepted that it was our village postman who was the culprit.

All we got (in addition to that one parcel finally being delivered) was "man says sorry".............no sacking, no disciplining and he's still our village postman.

A bloody disgrace all round so it doesn't surprise me when sellers are reluctant to post to Thailand!

I've attempted to overcome part of the problem by getting stuff shipped to a pal in the UK who then forwards it (usually by Royal Mail small packet airmail service) addressed to us but using the Poste Restante service so at least it avoids the parcel getting into the thieving hands of our postman...............so far, so good but there's still the thieving Thai Customs staff to worry about.............

I buy on eBay and other places and ship to Thailand ALL THE TIME....thumbsup.gif

Thai Post is Great... NEVER lost a package in 17 years..

The way to do this ....

Send packages to Thailand VIA Registered Mail .... Never a problem....

I find sellers who will ship here on eBay and others, including privately , and just go with the average 10 day wait for a package to arrive...EASY....

Thai Post 20 years ago was a problem , but that ended long ago..saai.gif

NOTE : Avoid Express Carriers like UPS, Fedex and the lot , then the package will be sure to go thru the process of the Thai Customs Scam..1zgarz5.gif

Regular Airmail , Registered has never been a problem, it is safe and economical..

If a seller does not want to ship here , find one who does.. ph34r.png

HINT : Tip your Delivery Person well, they will be glad to make that extra effort to deliver to your home..

Edited by CMFarang
  • Like 1

I have bought many things and had them sent to Thailand and a few times the seller did not give the option to send them to Thailand although when I contacted them they were happy to post there anyway for me.

Can't agree. Things sent by registered mail or EMS from the US, Europe or other countries in Asia are picked up on the Thai Post Office tracking system. Things I've sent to the US by EMS are tracked by the Thai Post Office website up to and including showing who signed for them when received.

I've sent and received 100's of items bought or sold on eBay through the Thai Post Office. Nothing has gone missing or been unduly delayed. Actually things sent to the US usually reach the US in a matter of a few days and then take much longer to be delivered once in the hands of the USPS.

Whenever I've found something I wanted, but which wasn't available to Thailand I've sent a message to the seller. In almost every case they've agreed to ship to me if I buy or win in an auction.

Are you trying to say that it is cheap or even reasonable to ship by EMS. This is simply not so from other countries. The fee is about 1000 baht.

I buy on eBay and other places and ship to Thailand ALL THE TIME....thumbsup.gif

The way to do this ....

I find sellers who will ship here on eBay and others, including privately , and just go with the average 10 day wait for a package to arrive...EASY....

NOTE : Avoid Express Carriers like UPS, Fedex and the lot , then the package will be sure to go thru the process of the Thai Customs Scam..1zgarz5.gif

Regular Airmail , Registered has never been a problem, it is safe and economical..

HINT : Tip your Delivery Person well, they will be glad to make that extra effort to deliver to your home..

I have lost packages but they were sent general post. Packages must have a tracking number or don't attempt it. The wife told me if the package doesn't have a tracking number then the post office goes through your box and if they want it, they keep it. If you never get the package they say sorry it doesn't have a tracking number.

Agree on the FED EX and DHL. Avoid at all cost. Post Office with tracking is the best.

I have an account with a US maildrop company (I use earthclassmail but there are others) which allows me to order things that only ship within the US on eBay and from any other US supplier that does not ship internationally.

I usually group items together and create one shipment which I then send via registered mail to wherever I want it (Chiangmai or Aus or NZ etc.). I do have tp pay some import duty sometimes but it is reasonable. The handy thing with using a service like this is that you fully control the shipping process.

Sorry but not true, standard USPS tracked items will show door to door tracking online from the States to Thailand.

The simple fact is that Thailand is a country that a lot of sellers don't like to ship to as they don't trust the Postal system here

I buy a lot on ebay myself, if a seller will not ship to here I move on and look for one that will.

+1

Thailand is almost considered a 'pariah state' by many ebay sellers, but this is mainly due to American and ignorance. I have bought clothing from several 'enlightened, international' ebay'ers, and the stuff has never failed to arrive in a timely fashion. One the other hand, customs duties are applied in an arbitrary and painful fashion. I had a hat made in Memphis for about $400, paid $60 to ship it here, and then was whacked by a 3600 baht duty. Nothing you can do but pay it.

In another case, a friend in the US asked me to pick up a package from Fedex, containing a cheap nylon 'Harley-Davidson' jacket , made in Indonesia. Duty on that was 1500 baht, for a garment that cost less than $100. It's a crap shoot.

Anyway, if you are just buying clothing from the US, there are a lot of good vendors who will be gentle on the shipping cost, sometimes taking a loss. Customs...who knows what they'll ever do?

I have found that selling on ebay with a Thailand base is a big liability. I cannot be competitive on international shipping cost. Something as simple and relatively light weight as a hunting knife or a used film camera can cost over 1500 baht to ship, using EMS at Thailand Post. That is the most reliable service to use, I have found. But a lot of sales didn't happen because people didn't want to pay for safe, expedited shipping from SE Asia.

The way to do this ....

Had the same good experience as CMFarang. Never got any problem with parcels shipped via registered airmail. No tax. The products I buy are usually shipped from China or Hong Kong.

Hi, I actually ship to Thailand via Royal Mail from the UK. My business is CD & Vinyl Records. I actually live in Phuket but my staff ship for me. We have a contract with Royal Mail. We have never lost any packages to Thailand and I find their postal service OK. If you actually send from the Post Office just get a certificate of posting and you are covered for loss for about £35 I believe. You can use the overseas signed for service which is about an extra £6 on top of the postage. I have made a couple of good Thai friends through ebay who are good customers. Thailand is much safer than certain countries mainly South America and Russia can be troublesome for post problems. If you are sending heavier packages then try parcelflight.co.uk who are ver competetive. We have a UPS account but parcelflight usually work out cheaper. I hope some of this has been of help. Our ebay shop is rockboxcouk if you wanted to take a quick look.

bought a pair of work boots on ebay for $18 and total with shipping was around $26, under the 1,000 baht customs limit but they made me pay 1200 baht to get them because they decided the boots were worth more than I paid, it is entirely up to customs as to what you have to pay for(and how much they need in their bank accounts). Other than that I have bought a lot off ebay and amazon and had no major problems, post wise though some things never arrive like my new mastercard sent from my aussie bank or parcels sent from Australia as well, you have to accept that there are thieves working in thai post.

• Like 1