I Need A Thai Appartment Near Downtown.

Cheapcharly

Hi guys.

A friend of mine (lady) is moving from pattaya to phuket in a few weeks and need a place to stay.

Now she has no bike, bike will be shipped to her once she is installed. She wil look for a job once installed.

Must be or have

Downtown or near downtown phuket.

Rent 3000 baths

Cold water/fan ok

TV cable

Bed

Quiet place

No music or traffic around

Window(facing sea) not view on sea necessarily , facing only for fresh air.

Cctv

Gate

Safe in general.

I told her I will look for her on line.

Can you help me.

Regards.

Edited by Cheapcharly

3000B is doable for a small 1 bedroom. Good news is it's an island so every direction will be towards the sea. tongue.png Traffic is everywhere though so she will need to be prepared for that. There is very little public transport here. Tuk tuk mafia protects their monopoly and extremely overpriced fares so Thai's are priced out of using them. Any business with more that a few employees provides a bus to transport them. Most jobs are in the tourist industry so she should consider being closer to the beach towns. Chalong and Kathu are just in from the tourist beach towns and is a popular area for Thais working in the tourist industry with many rooms for rent at 3000B.

Edited by NomadJoe

Phuket town is not on the ocean.

Really? Actually all of Phuket is on the Andaman Sea, rather than the Indian Ocean, if you chose to get semantically correct... Phuket town is on the Phang Na Bay, is it not? There is a sea port not far. After all Phuket is an island!

Phuket Bay used to have a nice, sandy bottom. Now it is covered in meters of muck from the tin mining era.

It is certainly still "on the sea", though I think people coming for a nice day at the beach would disappointed with most East Coast beaches -- especially the one at Saphan Hin!

Really? Actually all of Phuket is on the Andaman Sea, rather than the Indian Ocean, if you chose to get semantically correct... Phuket town is on the Phang Na Bay, is it not? There is a sea port not far. After all Phuket is an island!

Off topic, but Phang Na Bay is part of the Andaman Sea, however I have noticed some maps identify the body of water east of Phuket as the the Phuket Sea.

Makham Bay stretches from Cape Panwa and the deep sea port to Cape Tukkea/Koh Siray. On some maps this is called Phuket Bay,and on others it's called Tukea Bay. Most of Phuket town lays along that bay.

PKIsland-hi.gif

map_of_phuket.jpg

map_phuket500.jpg

phuket_map.gif

Edited by NomadJoe

I love how the last map states Rawai beach is swimmable.

I wouldnt dip my feet in that oily sand and sea. The long tails rule that tiny strip.

I've never noticed oil there. A bit of a gas smell when the speed boats are refueling from their tanker truck. It is very shallow and rocky, not really suitable for swimming.

I wouldnt dip my feet in that oily sand and sea. The long tails rule that tiny strip.

I've never noticed oil there. A bit of a gas smell when the speed boats are refueling from their tanker truck. It is very shallow and rocky, not really suitable for swimming.

Yeah I have never noticed any oil or smell. It's a tidal flat so at lower tides you need to walk 500M to get to the waters edge. What really shouldn't have a swimmable logo is Patong Beach. It hasn't been swimmable due to pollution for over a decade.

Edited by NomadJoe

Take a scoop of the wet sand right on the waters edge, where the boats beach themselves. Its black stinky sediments will have you dry reaching.

On the subject of beaches. I was chatting to a local at Cape panwa, the strip from the navy base to the Aquarium used to be a beautiful beach but they built that road right over the top of it. Just the little sandy bit out front of the navy base remains.

I am still looking for a 3000 baths apartment.

I don't care of beach. she can take her scooter and ride... thai don't like sun anyway. make skin darker.

i need to find cheap app for my girlfriend. she will make a thai salary.

adress? website? phone number? anything...

please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Assuming that your girl friend already has a job she's starting here in Phuket, her employers/fellow employees will be the best source of accommodation information or suggestions. Maybe she could phone them and ask the questions herself?

^

Doesn't sound like the best plan in the world. Her arrival will be at the beginning of the low season for the service sector, with most hotels and companies losing employees rather than employing them. Also, depending on the nature of the work, some jobs will have accommodation for employees. What work will she be doing?

Could be best to get a cheap guesthouse room in Phuket Town temporarily, and sort her employment out first. Doesn't she have any Thai acquaintances in Phuket she can get advice from?

• 2 weeks later...

yes she got cousin and she will probably help.

sometimes people have to leave their place because tired of pattaya. her family is only 3 hours bus away so she can still come back if nothing.

anyway i will help her financially if she need to rent a place for 1 or 2 months. a few thousand baths is a lot for her. no bar lady!

Edited by Cheapcharly

She is Thai and she will be able to sort out the accommodation issue very quickly herself, she won't be needing a foreigner to help her with that. Thai people are very communicative, it is very easy for them to get all the information they need once they are on the spot.

• Like 1