Chalerm Offers His Own Version Of Reconciliation Bill

webfact

Chalerm offers his own version of reconciliation bill
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Thursday that he would propose his own version of the reconciliation bill, which will be beneficial for all sides and bring about peace.

Chalerm held a press conference along with Yasothon MP Piraphan Palusuk, who is also the ruling party's legal advisor, at Parliament yesterday. There he told the press that he would send his draft, which is comprised of six Articles, to all political parties, including the opposition.

"If any agency wants me to explain the bill, I'll be ready," Chalerm said.

"If the Pheu Thai considers the draft to be good, it might sponsor it. I won't be against it if the red shirts want to sponsor the bill. But if nobody wants it, then I'll have the bill sponsored by a group of MPs led by Piraphan."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-18

He has been advocating adoption of his version of 'Ammesty/reconcililation' for several months. He has pointed out that he has crediatenals as a lawyer, vast legal experience, neutrality, sense of justice, etc

I would add that he and many of those involved in this government have proposed/passed laws tailored for individuals filled with loopholes, for indivual gain/immunoty, in the past, thus his proposal should accomplish what the 'good old boys' want, no problem.

• Like 2

"If the Pheu Thai considers the draft to be good, it might sponsor it. I won't be against it if the red shirts want to sponsor the bill. But if nobody wants it, then I'll have the bill sponsored by a group of MPs led by Piraphan."

So, if noone wants the bill, he'll propose it anyway. Democracy in action right here.

OMG ! This guy is soooooooo pathetic!

Last year our Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm already mentioned to have written his very own reconciliation and amnesty Bill. It might have been 2011 even, can't remember clearly.

So, with this new bill forwarded how many different ones do we have now? Will we get the text of all of them any time soon? Possibly a comparition as well? Any time soon, like this year or so?

• Like 1

UPDATE:
CHARTER AMENDMENT

Chalerm offers his own version of reconciliation bill

The Nation

BANGKOK: - Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said yesterday that he would propose his own version of the reconciliation bill, which will be beneficial for all sides and bring about true peace.

Chalerm held a press conference along with Yasothon MP Piraphan Palusuk, who is also the ruling party's legal adviser, at Parliament yesterday. He told the press that he would send his draft, which is comprised of six Articles, to all political parties, including the opposition.

In his bill, Article 3 stipulates that anybody who took part in political rallies or related activities after 2006 would not be regarded as having committed an offence.

Article 4 stipulates that any action committed at the order of the September 19, 2006 coup-makers or those appointed by them would not be regarded as offences.

Article 5 stipulates that those who are adversely affected by political rallies will be compensated.

"If any agency wants me to explain the bill, I'll be ready," Chalerm said. "If Pheu Thai considers the draft to be good, it might sponsor it. I won't be against it if the red shirts want to sponsor the bill. But if nobody wants it, then I'll have the bill sponsored by a group of MPs led by Piraphan."

Chalerm went on to say that he would not gain any benefits from the bill, but "people across the country stand to gain. All political cases will be over and the country will have peace," he explained.

The deputy PM said he believed the four reconciliation bills, which are pending the first reading in the House, will be difficult to enact, adding that his version would be easier because it granted blanket amnesty to all. Piraphan told the press that he had studied all previous drafts of amnesty bills, including the four pending in the House, and he preferred Chalerm's version. He said that for true peace, amnesty should be granted to all groups otherwise the conflict would never end.

He said people needed to realise that supporting Chalerm's bill will help rebuild peace in Thailand from scratch, adding that they also need to know that political cases were based on undemocratic situations earlier.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-19

If support for my bill is seen to be lacking I will send my sons round to explain matters in a more persuasive fashion.

As Dr. Bruce Banner used to say " don't make me angry you wouldn't like it if I'm angry "

Last year our Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm already mentioned to have written his very own reconciliation and amnesty Bill. It might have been 2011 even, can't remember clearly.

So, with this new bill forwarded how many different ones do we have now? Will we get the text of all of them any time soon? Possibly a comparition as well? Any time soon, like this year or so?

Don't worry, I doubt he can remember let alone clearly. Chateau Ear Medicine 1932

Chalerm went on to say that he would not gain any benefits from the bill, but "people across the country stand to gain. All political cases will be over and the country will have peace," he explained.

I cant see how this will bring peace in the south of Thailand......

Article 3 stipulates that anybody who took part in political rallies or related activities after 2006 would not be regarded as having committed an offence.

Get out of jail free card then for anybody doing anything at any time since 2006 . . . just claim it was politically motivated. Stupid.

Article 4 stipulates that any action committed at the order of the September 19, 2006 coup-makers or those appointed by them would not be regarded as offences.

Another get out of jail free card for everyone else that article 3 doesn't cover.

Article 5 stipulates that those who are adversely affected by political rallies will be compensated.

Yeah, right.

'Chalerm.............offers.........own..........

WHY?

Surely not because the DPM is feeling lonely or marginalised or unwanted, after going all the way to Hong Kong, but not being able to meet or speak with the Master, even on the phone ? whistling.gif

As rubl points out, this is not Super-Chalerm's first stab at a amnesty reconciliation-bill, wonder how similar this version might be, to his original one ? wink.png

And if nobody wants his Chalerm #2 version, then he'll still get someone to sponsor it anyway, how very helpful ! laugh.png

Back in the real ( ? ) world, if the government wants a bill, shouldn't the legal-PM propose one, and instruct her party to rally behind it ?

'Chalerm.............offers.........own..........

WHY?

Surely not because the DPM is feeling lonely or marginalised or unwanted, after going all the way to Hong Kong, but not being able to meet or speak with the Master, even on the phone ? whistling.gif

As rubl points out, this is not Super-Chalerm's first stab at a amnesty reconciliation-bill, wonder how similar this version might be, to his original one ? wink.png

And if nobody wants his Chalerm #2 version, then he'll still get someone to sponsor it anyway, how very helpful ! laugh.png

Back in the real ( ? ) world, if the government wants a bill, shouldn't the legal-PM propose one, and instruct her party to rally behind it ?

Yingluk has enough conflict of interest problems. Better to let Chalerm to present this, as the stink of corruption from it will hardly noticed above his normal odor.

The PM can then be portrayed as the gilded lily, and hopefully people won't notice that it grows from a midden.